• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

8 Biggest Gaming Clichés

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
CVG_logo.png

CVG have posted a rather humorous article detailing their 8 biggest clichés in gaming, has anyone else got anything to add to these?

Azer249

Reaction score
That was a nice find. Surprisingly i agree with every single one of them. More so the exploding barrels. Nice find Andy! :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
That was a nice find. Surprisingly i agree with every single one of them. More so the exploding barrels. Nice find Andy! :D

The exploding barrels made me laugh as ive been saying the same thing for years. No matter how much developers improve AI, even if they did a damn rubik's cube in front of me while spinning on their head getting headshots through a pinhole sided gap from 900 yards if they stand by a barrel that will explode if i shoot it then they arent intelligent AI enemies.

Azer249

Reaction score
The exploding barrels made me laugh as ive been saying the same thing for years. No matter how much developers improve AI, even if they did a damn rubik's cube in front of me while spinning on their head getting headshots through a pinhole sided gap from 900 yards if they stand by a barrel that will explode if i shoot it then they arent intelligent AI enemies.

^ This. Another thing that never changes, call of dutys. (bad pun). In all seriousness they do add a lot to the game-play sometimes and make some nice set pieces. For instance propane tanks etc. If implemented right they can be good to add to the game, but Borderlands for instance was more like. "ILL PUT RED BARREL HERE"

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
The weak spots. They are really played out to death. Just once I'd like to run into a giant intimidating threat and realize that there is no exposed fleshy bit that'll kill the whole thing. They're never as difficult as they look, really. In fact, I'd say it's the opposite. It's the cutesy little 8bit gaming bosses that actually present the challenge, not the godzilla that lays waste to everything until you shoot it on the obvious weak point.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The weak spots. They are really played out to death. Just once I'd like to run into a giant intimidating threat and realize that there is no exposed fleshy bit that'll kill the whole thing. They're never as difficult as they look, really. In fact, I'd say it's the opposite. It's the cutesy little 8bit gaming bosses that actually present the challenge, not the godzilla that lays waste to everything until you shoot it on the obvious weak point.

Its the fast little enemies that cause you the most trouble rather than the huge beasts that can destroy cities in one attack.

Azer249

Reaction score
Another one ive seemed to notice after reading cheez's is the "shoot the glowing weakpoint" (dead space for one )

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ammo!

Why is it that every game to feature guns has to have ammo? I mean, hello?! Think of something orginal!