• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

80Gb PS3 Coming In June?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
80Gb PS3 Coming In June?

With Sony dropping the 20Gb model because of lack of sales, they are set to release a 80Gb model in South Korea on June 16th and will cost 518,000 won (US $581).They have also said however at this moment in time there are no plans to release it elsewhere and said this:

The company decided to put a higher capacity hard-disk drive in the model sold in South Korea because of the nation's pervasive broadband Internet network, said Fukuoka. Sony is keen to see the PlayStation 3 used for entertainment beyond games and South Koreans are already used to a wide variety of online multimedia.

Washingtonpost.com

We all know they wont restrict it to Korean market for long when the prospect of making more cash comes into play.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: 80Gb PS3 Coming In June?

Wow I'm excited :noexpression:
he he I can't see how this could help them to have an unattainable system available. It will just serve to make potential PS3 buyers to think they're getting the second best Sony available. Plus 60 to 80 isn't much of a jump in size. The whole things seems weird to me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;90414 said:
Wow I'm excited :noexpression:
he he I can't see how this could help them to have an unattainable system available. It will just serve to make potential PS3 buyers to think they're getting the second best Sony available. Plus 60 to 80 isn't much of a jump in size. The whole things seems weird to me.

I thought the same thing, its like taunting the market of everywhere except Korea which is why i dont think it will stay exclusive to there permanently. Good point about the jump from 60 to 80 to... seems a little pointless to me and waste of time. I mean they should have at least doubled it to match Xbox Elite.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Or one up the Elite and go 200GB. But then of course it would show how little content there is for the PS3. Maybe 80GB is all there is :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;90471 said:
Or one up the Elite and go 200GB. But then of course it would show how little content there is for the PS3. Maybe 80GB is all there is :lol:

Well with missing feature of downloadable HD clips and streaming music through it i dont think there would be much content for it.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;90476 said:
Well with missing feature of downloadable HD clips and streaming music through it i dont think there would be much content for it.
Exactly! I'm guessing that they got a good deal on the GB so they decided to put them in a small selection of consoles.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seems odd to bring out a more expensive model that has such a slight improvement over last one by 20Gb after they slated Microsoft for releasing the Xbox Elite. Also after they just dropped price of 60Gb one to make another one on top of that rendering that one inferior.