• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A fanfic?! No way!

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I've finally done it! I've actually written and completed a fanfic! It may not be a big deal to anyone else but I'm giddy :p Ah, but I'm also nervous now. I'd like to think that I don't care if anyone didn't like it or didn't bother reading it but I do. I'm a little kid when it comes to stuff like this, so please read if you have the spare time :)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8534467/1/Albions-Lost-Years-The-Boy-from-Oakvale

I hope the link works :S It's a fanfic based between Fable 2 and 3. Basically, I got curious as to what had happened between games and decided to make events up ^___^ I've kept it as accurate to the current story lines as possible but if I've gotten something wrong, I'm sorry. It's a lot longer than I expected and the beginning is mostly character building (which could be seen as boring,) however it does get more interesting :)
I think that's it... End waffle and tries not to have a panic attack.

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
That was good. Loved the dialogue. Didn't know Reaver was so seductive to little Sparrow. Also like on how you had mentions on what happened in Fable 3.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
That was good. Loved the dialogue. Didn't know Reaver was so seductive to little Sparrow. Also like on how you had mentions on what happened in Fable 3.
Oh my!
I didn't realize anyone had noticed the thread, thank you for taking the time to read it as well as leave me feedback :D I just hope you have the patience to stick with it to the end or is that asking too much? *weak chuckle*

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
oh ya totally. The story was very fluent and it gave Reaver a bit of a new character. When he suddenly get's hot, does that mean that Reaver is feeling something towards the queen? I not supposed to know yet, huh.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
oh ya totally. The story was very fluent and it gave Reaver a bit of a new character. When he suddenly get's hot, does that mean that Reaver is feeling something towards the queen? I not supposed to know yet, huh.

You've made my night with kind words :D
It'll be mentioned again in a more obvious context :p

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
cool, looking forward to reading more of it

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I guess I could have a read, its not like I have anything better to do.. no offense or anything.. Haha

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I guess I could have a read, its not like I have anything better to do.. no offense or anything.. Haha

None taken. I think it's probably the nicest thing you could do for me haha. (Well... I suppose you could always comment afterwards... If it's not too much hassle for you.... :p)

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Congrats on penning your first fanfic! Had a quick skim of Chapter 1 (A New Rule) - you have me most intrigued!

* bookmarks for later

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Congrats on penning your first fanfic! Had a quick skim of Chapter 1 (A New Rule) - you have me most intrigued!

* bookmarks for later

Thanks for taking the time to read it and for the comment :)
I can finally breathe easier :p

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
This is good stuff! A really solid start for a first time fanfic! :D

I noticed that you kept switching between past and present tense, so you may want to check that out. Besides that, its fantastic. Great job!

Can't wait for next Monday! God, reading fanfic again is making me want to go back to my own fanfic.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
This is good stuff! A really solid start for a first time fanfic! :D

I noticed that you kept switching between past and present tense, so you may want to check that out. Besides that, its fantastic. Great job!

Can't wait for next Monday! God, reading fanfic again is making me want to go back to my own fanfic.

Do it :D

I have a terrible habit of doing that, a friend of mine was meant to edit that for me since he does creative writing. He's getting a telling off :p
thanks for reading it though and giving me some feedback :D

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Do it :D

I have a terrible habit of doing that, a friend of mine was meant to edit that for me since he does creative writing. He's getting a telling off :p
thanks for reading it though and giving me some feedback :D

Argh... its somewhere in this forum, but its incredibly messy, and I've lost the detailed plotline that I made years ago, so I need to rethink some stuff...

And you're welcome! I wish for more updates soon, but no pressure! :p

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Argh... its somewhere in this forum, but its incredibly messy, and I've lost the detailed plotline that I made years ago, so I need to rethink some stuff...

And you're welcome! I wish for more updates soon, but no pressure! :p

I'll have to dig it up next time Im not the laptop :)

I've actually finished the entire thing. Just need a little editing which Im doing per chapter :D

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I'll have to dig it up next time Im not the laptop :)

I've actually finished the entire thing. Just need a little editing which Im doing per chapter :D

Awesome! That means we'll actually get to see the whole thing! :D

Mine was incredibly long, so I stopped halfway and never got back to it. Like seriously. I printed what I've written, and it was about 135 pages, and that was just a quarter of what was planned!

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Awesome! That means we'll actually get to see the whole thing! :D

Mine was incredibly long, so I stopped halfway and never got back to it. Like seriously. I printed what I've written, and it was about 135 pages, and that was just a quarter of what was planned!

Its a pain but you could always do what i did. Have the entire thing written (not as detailed as the actual story though) and then write the full draft on the laptop and edit it by each chapter. I found with this method i could easily slip anything i wanted to add or forgot to :)

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Funny.. I usually reading so much dialogue. I generally prefer more descriptive writing, but that was a pleasant read, well done! :D

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Funny.. I usually reading so much dialogue. I generally prefer more descriptive writing, but that was a pleasant read, well done! :D

Aw thank you for taking the time to read it and the feedback :) its always a nice surprise.
I did notice the mass of dialogue during the beginning. It'll even out itself in chapter 3 (i hope.) but i was mostly getting character and relationship building out of the way first.
I hope you decide to keep following and enjoy any future chapters :)

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I will think about it :shifty:
I wish I had the patience to write fan fiction :'(