• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score
A Life

A life

A bright spring day comes into being once again. The sun shines down upon the cemetery, where people come to pay their respects to their deceased loved ones. One young man kneels at the base of a tombstone, and touches the smooth marble surface with a pale hand. No one else is around. He thinks to himself, “Why did he die? And am I the only one who remembers him? No one else comes here.” He wonders what this person did in their life that would make no one come to pay their respect and love. The shady oak tree bends its branches, as if awaiting an answer.

The young man leans back against the monument and closes his eyes. “Maybe, if I try hard enough to think of what I knew of him, then I can see how his life turned out.” His eyes closed, he tries to think of all the good or bad events that the man under the soil took part in. Nothing comes into his mind. Just a black hole of emptiness. All the things he thought he knew of that man would not arise.

He fell asleep against the headstone. In his dreams, he saw new visions of the man he thought he knew. Visions of that man standing still in time, doing nothing. Not moving, not advancing, and not changing. People pass on his left and right, as a blur. The man encounters a stone. He trips and falls, and it takes forever and a day. When he touches the ground, the dream ends.

The young man awakens to the darkness of night on earth. All of the people have left for home and their families. “Guess no one is coming today” he says. “Just like every other day.” He gets up and walks into the cemetery field, and fades away.

Status
Not open for further replies.