• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A question about the fable: TLC

This is my Albion

Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place to post this but im an idiot when it comes to this.

if i were to buy Fable: TLC, would i be able to play it on xbox 360? (like how you can play ps1 games on the ps2 without downloading a compatible program for it.) Or do i have to download a compatible file and how do i go about it?

Sorry if this has an obvious answer but im better off having someone explain it to me as opposed to reading it on wikipedia.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Both the original Fable and Fable: The Lost Chapters are compatible with the Xbox 360, Microsoft claims. To my understanding, it's not without the occasional glitch, hiccup and graphical anomaly here and there, but it's very much playable.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
so i don't have to jump through hoops downloading the BS compatibility program for the xbox 360?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
so i don't have to jump through hoops downloading the BS compatibility program for the xbox 360?
You'll likely need to be connected to Xbox Live in order to download a titchy little patch, but I would imagine it's smooth sailing after that. I don't recall having to have to jump through any further hoops in order to play the game, anyway.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
You'll likely need to be connected to Xbox Live in order to download a titchy little patch, but I would imagine it's smooth sailing after that. I don't recall having to have to jump through any further hoops in order to play the game, anyway.

I'll buy it but unfortunately i don't have xbox live.
I'll figure it out from there (somehow.) Thanks for the help :D
if it doesn't work, you'll be hearing from me *shakes fist* (of course im kidding :))

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
I'll buy it but unfortunately i don't have xbox live.
I'll figure it out from there (somehow.) Thanks for the help :D
if it doesn't work, you'll be hearing from me *shakes fist* (of course im kidding :))
Thankfully, you won't need a premium Xbox Live subscription in order to download the patch. If you don't have a spare ethernet cable handy, just plug the one feeding into your computer into the back of the Xbox 360 and boot up Fable: The Lost Chapters; one of the first things you'll be greeted to is a prompt asking for your permission to download some sort of update - hitting 'confirm' or whatever it's called will be all it takes to get the ball rolling and getting you on your way to enjoying the game on your 360.

Alternatively, get it on PC - it's only about a zillion times better and still nice and cheap, even brand new and sealed.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Thankfully, you won't need a premium Xbox Live subscription in order to download the patch. If you don't have a spare ethernet cable handy, just plug the one feeding into your computer into the back of the Xbox 360 and boot up Fable: The Lost Chapters; one of the first things you'll be greeted to is a prompt asking for your permission to download some sort of update - hitting 'confirm' or whatever it's called will be all it takes to get the ball rolling and getting you on your way to enjoying the game on your 360.

Alternatively, get it on PC - it's only about a zillion times better and still nice and cheap, even brand new and sealed.

i have thought about that but I've got clumsy fingers and knowing my luck I'll probably be killed before i could kick a chicken.