• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Soldier and A Hero

femalehero777

Reaction score
My story is posted on Fanfiction.net as well. Here's the prolouge:

"Alright recruits, move up! You'll be in front of the Prince and Queen today!" the voice yelled. I finally got my chance to be part of the army. I was 19 years old. We were all lined up, all the graduates of army training.
"Now, bow before Queen Sparrow and Prince Logan!" Our captain commanded. We all bowed. We heard foot steps approach, we saw the beautiful Queen, though 60 years old she is still beautiful, and proud Prince Logan were in front of us. But another came, a young girl around a few years younger than I, with brown hair and brown eyes. She wore a blue dress and had her hair in a short ponytail, a very beautiful young woman.
"My Queen, what is Princess Rose doing here?" Our Captain asked.
"She wanted to see the army, she always enjoyed fighting after all," The Queen explained. "Rise." We did as we were told. The young Princess was very beautiful. I kept my eyes on her, not hearing the speech the Queen was giving us. Rose looked upon us with interest.
"Sister, do not look upon this army with such interest. The Royal army should interest you more." Logan spoke. I glared at him, I can't believe HE was going to be our king.
"Brother," Rose began. "I can do what I wish."
"Rose, speak like that again-" Logan began sternly.
"Rose, Logan, leave one another alone. Logan your sister may do as she wishes and Rose do not talk to your brother in such a manner. And I leave with these words: Protect Albion, protects the smallest thing from shops, to homes, to towns, to people and everything in Albion. That is what it means to be an Albion Army!" The Queen Sparrow yelled. We saluted and cheered. They went into the castle, I looked at Rose until the heel of her shoe was inside the castle. It was a one time chance I would see her.
"Princess Rose, truly a beauty." A soldier said beside me.
"Yes, she was." I replied.
"Don't think we didn't catch you staring, she'd never go for a man like you if she could!" another soldier laughed. I looked down, he was right. No Princess could ever go for an Army man. I, Ben Finn, can never be with a princess...But I was going to get my chance in the years to come.

femalehero777

Reaction score
Note: I got the Royal army and the Royal guard mixed up. ^-^' Ben is part of the Royal Army and the guys in purple are the Royal guard.
*THREE YEARS LATER*
"Ben...Ben...Ben Finn...BEN!" A voice screamed. I jumped up and opened my eyes.
"Captain Swift, I'm awake! I wasn't snoozing." I spoke quickly.
"It looks like you were, look alive. We have a fortress to protect." Captain Swift explained. Last night we were attacked by a Leigon of Hollow Men. Very tough, Lieutenant Simmons died from a siege some time ago, Jammy was as jammy (I think Jammy means lucky, if I'm wrong correct me) as ever, and Logan hasn't sent reinforcements. I always despised him.
"Someone better come soon." Major Swift grumbled.
"Swift!" a voice exclaimed. I saw Walter approach, he wasn't alone. If you just looked at the feet you'd think it was a man but you'd be proven wrong. It was a woman in a dark blue mercenary outfit, she had arcane-like blade and a golden pistol. She also had long brown hair and brown eyes, a very beautiful woman but looking very tough. Something was so familiar about her...I couldn't put my finger on it.
"Walter! Just like old times!" Swift exclaimed.
"I see Logan loves to put you on tasks like this," Walter joked. "Ben Finn, nice to see you again!"
"As to you Walter." I replied.
"You've heard the stories, all of them were true. We have been attacked by The Dead Legion, we've lost a lot of men including Lieutenant Simmons. But we haven't given up." Major Swift spoke as he smoked his pipe.
"Well how would you feel if you had a Hero fighting on your side?" Walter asked. Swift turned to the girl.
"This is, the Princess?" He asked. My ears perked at hearing those words. A million questions popped up into my mind: What is she doing here? Why is she dressed like that? She's really a Hero? Does she remember when she was there for her mother to give the speech?
"Just treat her like any other man on duty." Walter announced.
"Yes." Princess Rose replied.
"Alright! Ben, bring her to the mortar!" Swift instructed.
"Alright, if you are to follow me to the mortar Prin-" I began.
"Just Rose, I am no longer a Princess, I am a rebel." She replied.
"I can see why you decided to rebel," I commented. "Logan has done a lot of terrible things."
"All of those things can't measure to the pain I feel." Rose spoke, she lingered in her speech.
"What did he-" I began.
"Where's the mortar?" Rose replied with slight sternness.
"Right this way Rose." I replied leading her to the mortar. I sighed, she seemed so serious. I lead her to Jammy.
"Rose, this is Jammy, the name speaks for itself." I announced.
"Yup, jammiest soldier in Albion! Wounded 724 times and still standing!" He yelled.
"Don't get too excited Jammy, you know what happens when you do. So Jammy is going to be your loader." I told her. She took control of the mortar, but she wasn't using it correctly. Her hands were in the wrong place.
"Like this?" She asked.
"Nope," I replied. "Let me help you." I guided her hands to the correct areas.
"Now?" she asked.
"Fire at one of those scarecrows." I told her. She nodded, she fired at it, direct hit.
"Good job!" I exclaimed.
"Ben?" Rose began.
"Yes?" I asked.
"You can let go now." She told me.
"Oh, right, sorry." I laughed weakly. She fired again at the ther scarecrow, she hit it.
"Good show! Now get the last one, and we'll be on our way!" I announced.
"Yeah-Wait a minute, I don't remember setting that one up!" Jammy exclaimed. The skeleton-like scarecrow got of it's wooden post, a hollow man. Many wisps came out of nowhere, soon a lot of hollow men apeared. I pulled out my rifle, I shot some.
"To the left!" I yelled. She did as she was told, aimed, fired. I shot at them as well. Telling her whether to go left, right, down or up. She was amazingly good at firing that thing, she looked so focused as well. But she also looked like she had a hell of a lotta fun too. I smiled, she's got spunk. Very attractive.
"They're going through the gates! All hands to the main gates!" Major Swift yelled. We all jumped down into the fort, we were all pointing our guns at the door.
"Make sure they don't get through!" Swift demanded. Two soldiers held the gate, but it was to no avail. It broke, whisps were welcomed in. Hollow men sprung out of the ground. I got out my cutlass and hit one hollow man. Rose got out her long sword, she hit the Hollow Men with great speed and strength, she literally shattered its' bones. She seemed so skilled at it. I quickly blocked a blow and she did as well, soon we were back to back.
"You're not bad." I told her.
"Thanks, you too. But now's not the time for compliments, now's time to fracture some hollow butt." She replied with a devilish smile. She slashed the hollow man again, blowing it to pieces, I did the same. Jammy was fighting, even though he wasn't supposed to. Stubborn sod. But I wish I hadn't said those words, he got struck by a hollow man (Number 725 wound) and feel to the ground. Lifeless and still.
"JAMMY!" I exclaimed. I chopped away at the hollow man that did so.
"URGH!" Rose grunted, she charged up a spell. She hurled it at one of the stronger hollow men. It combined Ice and Lightning. While the ice hit them it also shocked them, I felt it from the other side of the fort. I looked at Rose, the ice around her made lights from the lighting dance around her face and the lightning made her skin glow. I couldn't help but stare for a minute. The hollow men depleted, thanks to Rose. We walked to the recently buried.
"For a minute there, I thought we were all going to be Hollow Chow." a soldier sighed. But it wasn't over, another wisp came. It went into Simmons grave. A rotting, hollow
"Lieutenant Simmons! I ordered you to remain buried!" Swift exclaimed.
"Doesn't anyone listen to orders anymore?" I yelled. He blew us all to the ground, expect Rose. She remained standing. But she was not afraid, in fact she looked anything but afraid. I felt my strength weakening.
"Rose..." I gasped. I passed out.
"Ben...Ben...Ben Finn...BEN!" a voice yelled. I jumped up and opened my eyes.
"I'm awake! I wasn't snoozing!" I spoke quickly. My eyes met Rose's, she stared at me with a sly smile, like a foxes' smile.
"I wasn't going to say you were sleeping, now get off the ground lest' you wait for hollow men to drag you into their world." she smiled offering her hand. I gladly took it, she pulled me up.
"Rose defeated dead Lieutenant Simmons. A true hero." Walter smiled.
"Rose, I promise to join your cause if you, as Queen, do not have your guards exploit the citizens but protect them." Swift promised.
"Like your mother told us too." I commented.
"Ah, yes I remember the day my mother made that announcement. It was her last...I even think I remember seeing a handsome young soldier...A few years older than me in the crowd. For some reason he stuck out.. But I'm blabbering, I promise." She said, shaking Swift's hand.

Cain

Reaction score
I have to say, Swift being promoted to Major from Captain was one of the fastest I've ever seen. In the time space of a few lines, he must've done something really amazing.

femalehero777

Reaction score
It wasn't long until Rose and Walter left. I waved goodbye to her and she wanted us well and hoped to see us again. We were packing up, the Hollow Legion was dead...Again. So it was time to move out.
"Hey, guys." I called.
"Yes Ben?" one replied.
"Do...You have any advice for romance?" I asked.
"You aren't referring to the Princess?" another asked.
"No...I...Maybe..." I stuttered. They all laughed.
"Just like before, she wouldn't go for a man like you ever. And even now she is a rebel, she'll be Queen sooner or later." One blurted while laughing. I sighed, once again. I can't be with her. I packed my bags and headed off. Swiftie said we all could go back home to our worried families...But I had no family. All my brothers are dead, my mother left and father died. I went to Bowerstone, I was going to relax at a pub or something. Maybe gamble sometime. I went into the pub at night. The loud bellows of drunken men and the giggling of drunken woman were both invigorating and annoying. I downed some beer and sighed. I limited my beer drinkings, I didn't want to become like my father, or my brothers. I feel guilty for everything I did, if Rose had found out...It would be the end of me.
"If it izn't a soldier," a drunken voice said. "Spyin' on us fer Logan?" I saw a man, he had rags and tatters for clothing and dragged himself across the pub.
"No, I do not serve Logan." I replied.
"Yea right! I betcha you're tellin' him everythin' I bettin' you'll kill everyone here right now!" he yelled.
"No, I won't listen-" I began. He pulled out a pistol and pointed it to me.
"Die! you worthless piece of dung!" He screamed. He pulled the trigger, I just managed to move my head to dodge it.
"I'll get you this time!" He said reloading.
"Stop it, this is a public place. Your scaring everyone." a voice said. Another man grabbed the drunken man's wrist. A man with shaggy blonde hair and green eyes. He looked strangely familar. He was obviously rich from his clothing. A purple shirt with gold and black trousers. He smacked the drunken man across the side of his head and knocked him onto a table where it tipped over and the man knocked out.
"I'll pay for that." The blonde man said to the bar keeper. He tossed him a sack of gold and he walked to me.
"Did he do you any harm?" he asked.
"No. I'm fine." I replied.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"Ben Finn." I announced. He looked at me again. Examining my features.
"Benny? Little Ben?" He asked. I looked at the man again. Green eyes and my color hair...
"WILLIAM?" I exclaimed. He nodded his head. I couldn't help but hug my big brother.
"What happened? I thought you were put into jail!" told him.
"I was, but when there was a jail break I actually stopped them from escaping. So they let me go, I actually found a healthy living. I became a weapons merchant. I'm actually really rich now. Come on, you can stay at my house. Let's go." he told me. It was a huge relief that I had one family member alive. He took me to his home, it was a medium sized home, with nice windows and a balcony. William pushed open the doors, inside there was a dining room at the end of the hall and an upstairs.
"I'm home." He yelled. From the upstairs emerged two small girls. One was taller than the other, but both had blonde hair and brown eyes and wore light grey night gowns. And a woman with black hair and brown eyes. She wore a brown working dress and a white shirt underneath.
"Welcome home from your trip!" The woman beamed.
"Papa!" The girls yelled. They ran down the stairs and embraced William.
"Hello my darlings. I brought you some ribbons and toys my loves." William smiled.
"Thank you papa!" they yelled in unison. It wasn't nefore long they noticed me.
"William, who's this?" The woman asked.
"This, is my brother Ben. Ben this is my wife Penelope and my daughters Nina and Mya. This is your uncle Ben." William introduced.
"It's nice to meet you." Nina said.
"Papa told us he didn't know anyone else was alive from his family." Mya announced.
"Well I didn't know either." I replied. I actually had nieces! How great! William gave me a room and a set of clothes as well. I chatted with him in a lounging room.
"Ben, I still can't believe your alive. When I went back I couldn't find anyone. A lot of things have happened since then." William told me.
"Same here. I joined the Royal Army." I replied.
"So Ben, you looked troubled in the pub." William reminded.
"I...I need romance advice." I blushed.
"Aw! Little Benny's all grown up!" William teased.
"Very funny William!" I screamed.
"Hahaha! Just like old times. Well, it depends. What kind of woman?" He questioned.
"Beautiful, kind, strong, likes to fight." I told him.
"Hm...Let's see...Romantic, girls like that like romantic men. And men who don't treat them like they're weak. Just be yourself and don't think of her more of a girl than a warrior and you'll do fine." William said patting me on the back.
"Thanks William." I smiled. I went to my room after that. I put on my sleeping clothes and jumped into bed. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
"Benjamin Finn, can you hear me?" a old woman's voice asked.
"Who-Who are you?" I asked.
"Benjamin, you have a great path ahead of you." The woman's voice told me.
"What?" I asked.
"You will have many challenges, many sorrows and many rewards. But you must work hard to do so." The woman's voice spoke.
"What? What do you mean? What challenges?" I questioned.
"Thou can not tell, but maybe another seer can. One day you shall meet another seer. Goodbye." The woman said. The whole place blacked out. I sprung up from my bed. It was morning, the dream seemed so real. I walked into the living room, William was there.
"Ben, why don't you have some breakfast? You looked troubled again." William noticed.
"I'm fine, I'll eat on the road. Thank you William, I'll see you soon." I told him. William smiled and bowed his head. I took a deep breathe and walked outside. There was a crowd gathered at the center of town. I slipped my way passed the bodies to see, or hear rather. Rose was in a highway woman's outfit with out a hat and her hair in a low bun. The crowd cheered and threw coins at her feet. She was an amazing lute player. She noticed me in the audience, she smiled at me. A lovely, simple smile. She put away her lute and people left. She walked up to me and grinned.
"Would you like to join me on a quest?" she asked.

Cain

Reaction score
you've double posted to point out a mistake that could've been rectified through editing. Remember, the edit button is your friend.

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
you've double posted to point out a mistake that could've been rectified through editing. Remember, the edit button is your friend.

Dammit I never noticed that edit button >.< Great now I feel like a total goon

femalehero777

Reaction score
"A quest?" I asked.
"Yes." Rose smiled.
"Why? Do you need help?" I questioned.
"Yes, it also gets a little lonely when I travel alone." Rose told me. I heard a slight whimpering at the floor. A adult border collie was at Rose's feet.
"Oh, I didn't mean it that way Tommy." She sweet-talked the dog as she stroked his long fur coat.
"Yes, I'd love too." I smiled. She smile and nodded back. She had to pick up a few things like food and potions. "Rose, you knew your mother well, is there any stories that are over over exaggerated?" I asked.
"Hm...Well, the one when she became a hero. You know what they said about her becoming a hero right?" Rose questioned.
"They said the spirit of the teacher of The Hero Of Oakvale came down and touched her head and said:'This is your destiny' and she got Will lines." I replied.
"Yeah, that didn't happen." Rose laughed.
"I had a feeling, but it's a heroic image," I laughed. "By the way, where will we go?"
"Mourningwood, unless you've had enough of it then I'll choose a differednt one." She replied. I didn't like the idea of going back into Mourningwood, but the way she smiles...Avo she can convince any man.
"I'm fine with it. What are we doing?" I questioned.
"Going to reunite two ghostly twins." She answered.
"Wait...What?" I asked with disbelief.
"I'll explain on the way." She giggled. Rose was good to chat with, telling me of her previous adventures. We decided to cut through Silverpines. Rose walked along side me with a determined smile on her face. Just looking at it pumped me with energy. *HOOOOO!-HOWOOOOO!* A terrible noise howled. I got out my rifle and she pulled out her pistol. It was a pistol with an intricate design and encrusted with jewels and gold. She aimed at fired at the thing in the distance. It was a balverine. It jumped up and landed in front of me. I shot it blunt in the face, it yelped but didn't die.
"Nice work!" Rose yelled as she pulled out her hammer. It had a top with a sharp pin at the tip and the handle was like a bone. She used all her strength and pinned the Balverine'shead down. It died. She smiled as she whipped the blood and sweat from her forehead.
"And that my friend is how to properly kill one of those bloody things, another way to kill them is wack them in the bollocks." She laughed, I laughed too. The moon was high and had scattered clouds. We were both tired from trotting through the forest.
"Ben, do you want to make camp?" Rose panted.
"You read my mind." I replied. We looked around for shelter, I saw a rocky ledge above a indent in a marble cliff.
"There. We'll make camp there." I announced pointing there.
"Yes, I was thinking the same thing." She replied. We walked into the indented cliff, it wasn't that deep, just around five or six feet and the ledge about them was around eight or nine feet high.. The inside was dry dirt and hardly any sign of life that was in there. I offered to gather firewood and hunt and Rose was going to set up camp. I took my rifle and thought about what Rose would like to eat.
"Since she's a princess maybe I should find a wild hog or something...What on earth am I thinking? I haven't been able think properly since Rose came along...In fact all I can think about is her..." I thought. I was right, all I could think about was her. Ever since Rose came into my life I couldn't get her out of my head, I could think of no one else but her. I was so caught up with thinking of her I tripped over a loose rock and nearly fell over.
I needed to hunt, I almost forgot. I looked at the creatures around me. Rabbits, deer and wild geese. Rabbits are the easiest to aim at but geese tasted so much better. I aimed my rifle, closed one eye and pulled the trigger. *BANG!* A successful hit! The goose carcass fell to the ground with a thud. I picked it up and put it in my pack. Aimed at another goose, aim, close an eye, fire! *BANG*
Dead goose on the ground! I picked it up and put it in my sack. On the way back to the camp I picked up some logs. Rose waited there, she has the camp set up perfectly. Two blankets spread on the floor, the fire pit prepared for the logs and she even prepared a cooking skewer above the fire pit.
"Welcome back." She smiled. I dropped the logs in and lit it with flint stone.
"Have a good hunt?" Rose asked.
"Yes, we have two geese for our dinner." I answered.
"Thank you Ben." Rose said as she skinned the two geese. After she skinned them I skewered them on a long, sharp stick and cooked it over the fire. The camp was filled with a warm, homely aroma of cooking geese. Rose watched intently as they cook. I blushed feeling her eyes on me, I prayed she didn't see. After the geese was done Rose got out a metal slate and slid the geese on it.
"Let's eat Ben." Rose smiled. We both ate together, I tried not to eat like a slob as Rose ate her food daintily. I blushed the whole time because we shared the two geese, picking their bones clean and giving scarps to Tommy. With our bellies full we laid down on the blankets, rest peacefully.
"Rose?" I called.
"Hmmm?" She answered.
"Thanks for setting up camp." I told her.
"Welcome." She replied sleepily. Rose was out in no time, but I couldn't sleep, not with her nearby. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but hearing her nearby made me nervous. She slep quietly, but made a soft noise when she breathed. It was a very cute noise. I loved to listen to it but I wished it wasn't there. I sighed and opened my eyes, looking at the sky. I heard a rustling noise from a moving Rose. She went closer to me. I froze, what made matters worse is her head landed on my chest, near my heart. My heart beat quickened, I wondered how she stayed asleep without it rousing her. My face burned as she buried her head deeper into my chest and placed her hand on as well. I enjoyed and hated every moment of it. I both savoured it and wanted it to end. I wanted it, but didn't.
I made up my mind. I carefully picked up Rose's delicate head and placed it on the mat beside me, I did the same with her hand. It was both a relief and a regret. I sighed and sat up to look at her. She continued to sleep and make her cute little sleeping noise.
"If she woke up like that she'd kill me." I sighed. I finally tried to sleep.
"Ben~~~" a voice cooed. I felt a heavy weight on me, pressing against my body. I opened my eyes, Rose's face was right in front of me, she was completely on top of me.
"Rose? What are you doing?" I yelled.
"Your cute when your surprised." Rose giggled. She slammed her lips onto mine and forced her tounge inside my mouth. She explored it, also hoisting my tounge to dance with hers. I followed her want. Our tounges battled, a battle of love and passion. She pulled away for awhile and I breathed.
"Rose...I never knew you-" I began. She began licking my face. My lips my cheeck and my neck.
"Rose! Stop it! It feels weird!" I yelled.
"Hey! Tommy! Stop that!" a voice yelled. I awoke for reall this time. Rose was beside me, not on top. The licking I was feeling was from her dog.
"ARGH! HE LICKED MY FACE WHEN MY MOUTH WAS OPEN!" I screamed. Spiting and coughing.

femalehero777

Reaction score
Rose laughed and laughed harder as I spit.
"I'm sorry, Tommy has a habit of waking people up that way." She laughed.
"Water...Wine...Juice...Something!" I exclaimed. Rose gave me a bottle of her apple cider and I rinsed out the taste of dog saliva. She laughed at me while I did so. I felt embarrassed, I felt like Rose was laughing at me.
"I'm sorry Ben! But the look on your face was priceless!" Rose laughed tearing. I felt my face turn red from embarrassment. She noticed that and stopped laughing. She stopped smiling even.
"I didn't mean it as an insult." She told me. She began to slowly stroke my cheek. I looked at her face. Her full dark lips were perfect, she had big, brown eyes that just begged a man to look at them and her face was that of an angel and it complimented her heart shaped head. I wanted to just hold down her and kiss her.
"Apology accepted." I smiled. She grinned back at me.
"Good, you don't look as naturally cute when your embarrassed." She said putting something in her bag.
"Cute? She thinks I'm cute? Oh please don't let this be a dream!" I thought.
"We better get a move on then." Rose announced. I followed Rose past Mourningwood Fort, brought back good and bad memories, and a graveyard. I looked at the hill. A ghost! The ghost was see-through and wore middle class clothing. He was bald other than the mustache.
"Hello Sam, you needed something?" Rose asked.
"Darn that- Who's your friend?" The ghost, named Sam, asked.
"I'm Ben Finn. Rose wanted me to come with me on this quest with her." I answered.
"You brought your boyfriend with you this time?" Sam asked.
"I-" I began.
"Yes, he's my boyfriend. Now where did Max go?" Rose questioned.
"Rose!" I blushed.
"I know you don't want many people knowing but he's dead. What damage can he do?" Rose giggled. Looks like I have to play along.
"Have it your way love. Let's just get this done so we can go back home." I added.
"We promised our mother we'd never drink and that we'd go home right after the party. But Max just started putting it all away! And he got drunk and reading incarnations from the book. He turned the trees upsidedown, it started raining hadbags at one point and he summoned this huge flaming demon that was amazing at croquet...Named Borris. And there were other weird bits as well." Sam explained.
"A...Demon that played-oh sod it. What book?" I asked.
"The Normanomicon. I gave it to them." Rose announced.
"Wait THE Normanomincon? From legends?" I questioned.
"Yes. Now back to the quest. I told him to stop and that we needed to leave. And then he said 'You leave!' and then I replied:'Why don't you leave?' and then he left...And he took the party with him." Sam revealed.
"Drunks, never needed them." I scoffed.
"I would go in but that'd probably just make him more upset," Sam said as he lead us to the tomb. He turned into a floating orb and went inside. "Now if you both turn into whips you could-Oh, how stupid of me. Just wait a minute." The doors opened.
"Off we go then." Rose spoke. We walked down the stone steps into a large cavern. The celling was cave like and the whole place looked like it was some sort of underground town with some tombs. In the middle of the courtyard we entered we saw another ghost with three female ghosts around him. The ghost looked similar Sam expect he had a ponytail.
"That's Max, Sam's brother." Rose introduced.
"Oh you! Came to join the party?" Max slurred. Rose grabbed onto his arms and began dragging him out, I hoisted his feet up and we began to walk out of the cave.
"What? I know what your doing! You'll never get me to go back to mum! What this!" Max yelled. He turned into a wisp ad slipped out of our hands. I fell forward and crashed into Rose.
"Sorry." I said.
"No problem, follow that wisp!" Rose ordered. I did as she told me. We ran up ahead and a light fell on me. *BONG-BONG-BONG* Several wisps appeared. I drew my rifle and readied myself. The hollow men came out of the ground.
"Watch my back!" Rose ordered. Rose charged a fireball in one hand and lightning in another. I shot all hollow men that approached her.
"YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Rose screamed throwing down the spell. The Hollow Men were shocked and burned. Rose and I ran to Max.
"I think you'll find this a barrel of laughs!" He yelled. He pushed the barrels.
"Look out!" I screamed as I jumped in front of Rose. I held my hands out and caught the falling barrels. They were heavy though, so I fell back on Rose.
"Ow-ooh-ow!" I exclaimed as they rolled over me.
"Ben are you alright?" Rose asked.
"Yeah, something cushioned my fall." I replied.
"Cushiony I'm sure, because that something was my chest!" Rose yelled. I realized where my head was. I blushed uncontrolably, I could feel it. Rose kicked my bum (literally if you are wondering) and then stepped on me.
"Owooowwooowwwoowww! Jeeze Rose I didn't mean to land...There..." I blushed.
"Your lucky your cute." She spoke walking away. I just sat there confused, just a while ago she was so sweet calling me cute but now it felt like some sort of shield. I got up and walked behind her. I remembered how serious she was when we first met but when we fought and camped together she was humorous and fun. She's so bipolar. I swiftly followed her. We walked across a stone bridge and crows flew in unison in oppisite directions. She opened a chest.
"Full beard...You want it? Because I certainly am not wearing it." She giggled.
"No thanks." I weakly laughed, there she goes being bipolar again. She jumped down and I followed, Max waited there. Some doors to the mausoleum opened. Ghost heads floated out.
"Uh-oh! HEADS up!" Max laughed. He once again turned into a wisp and floated away. We ran after him...Or it in wisp form, whichever you prefer. He stopped at more mausoleums.
"Let's see what's behind door number one!" Max yelled. The doors swung open, ghosts came out with blades.
"Oh a ghost! I didn't expect that!" Max laughed as he flew off as a wisp again. Rose blocked an attack from a ghost and I shot one in the head.
"You think they can't hurt you since their dead!" Rose screamed crushing one ghosts head.
"You think you can't kill them a second time as well!" I laughed as I sliced one's head off.
"Touche!" Rose smiled and she knock one with her head. We finished off the ghosts and followed him again.
"Close but not really!" He taunted. We walked to a courtyard with a pillar and he appeared in the center of it.
"Listen, I don't want to kill you. But if it means that or going back to mum then you forced my hand! I've had a taste of freedom now...And ale which is also quite nice," He spoke, wisps appeared, ghosts followed. "These are the ghosts of the people who mum told me never to be around in my life!"
"I'm getting tired of all these wisps!" I exclaimed pulling out my rifle.
"Me too! But keep fighting!" Rose encouraged. We kept killing, or more like "obviating", ghost after ghost. Rose's spells helped but we needed more.
"Rose I think you'll need a better spell combination!" I commented.
"Good thinking! Stay here and fend them off for awhile I'll be back!" Rose spoke.
"What do you mean by-" I began. She disappeared, with out a warning, glow or poof.
"Rose?" I yelled. I blocked the ghost attacks, they began to overwhelm me.
"HAHAHAHAHA! Your girlfriend left you dead!" Max laughed.
"Rose this isn't like you, where are you?" I whispered. She reappeared as if on cue, she held two spells in her hand. One with lightning and the other was cyclone. She threw down the two and the ghosts were thrown around as well as stunned, which made them shooting easy targets.
"Sorry about that Ben!" Rose laughed throwing a lightning-cyclone.
"You could've given me a bit more warning!" I smiled in reply. We defeated the ghosts.
"Is this what you do for fun? Ruin people's parties?" Max slurred.
"If it's an evil drunken ghost's party then yes." Rose answered.
"I'm never going back to mum!" Max insisted, he turned into a wisp and left once again.
"What's up with him and his mom?" I asked.
"I really don't know." Rose shrugged. We ran right after him, into a room. The room was wide, walls of stone and a spiked celling.
"Rose I have a very bad feeling about this." I grinned weakly.
"Oh Ben, if there's obvious signs of danger it is usually misleading." Rose laughed. Tommy whined. The exit was blocked by a force field and Max appeared at the other end. He pulled the lever. The spikes started to descend on us. I glared at Rose.
"Right, sorry." She grinned nervously.
"I remember when I first came in here, I though how fun it would be to trap someone in here. You get the POINT? You sure are SHARP! I hope you enjoy...Sharp, pointy things inside you. Ok I admit that was a really bad one." He laughed a bit then left.
"What do we do?" I asked.
"...IDUNWANNADIE!" Rose screamed, which was extremely uncharacteristic for her. She ran about screaming and throwing spells.
"Rose? Uh...Does she do this often?" I asked her faithful hound. He cocked his head at me. The Spikes were halfway down when another wisp appeared, it was Sam!
"I thought I heard sharp pointy spikes of death descend on some innocents! I mean when we found the book and read it, it was just youthful curiosity!" He exclaimed.
"Sam..." Rose spoke.
"And when we unleashed the hollow men it was just an accident!" Sam continued.
"Sam!" I tried to get his attention.
"But when we unleashed the banshee upon Bloodstone that was over the top!" Sam continued again. Tommy laid down and covered his eyes. The spikes were about three feet above our head. Rose clung to me so hard she could make a bruise.
"But THIS! This is just cruel! I mean your trapped in a room with spikes moving quite quickly and they're a lot closer than when I came and-" Same blabbered.
"SAM!" We yelled in unison.
"Oh right sorry!" He spoke flipping the switch. Rose and I sighed in relief as the celling ascended. We both fell to the ground on our knees. And stared at eachother, our faces pale from fear and beaded with sweat. For some reason we found it extremly funny and we laughed ourselves to tears.