• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A talk about magic in Fable 3 and not using it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKSaibot

Reaction score
I had a similar thread sorta about this awhile ago but it wasn't written as well.

I am thinking about playing Fable 3 but not if I am going to just end up using magic, swords & gun's all at the same time (Not my thing). I like to specialize my character in just melee & some range, from watching a review it sounds like magic pretty much is a must (AOE attacks). Well I could care less, Fable & 2 is easy enough to playthrough without using AOE magic attacks or magic period.

So what does everyone think, is magic just something you should use in Fable 3 or not?

lao113

Reaction score
If you want to not do any work, use magic. I've beaten the game using just my gun and my sword on RARE occasions to get out of a corner, that and magic here and there. With that said the shooting and rolling technique works amazingly well lol

MKSaibot

Reaction score
Hmm well thats refreshing, I am also wondering if Melee, Range and Magic morph your character like it did in Fable 1 & 2?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Hmm well thats refreshing, I am also wondering if Melee, Range and Magic morph your character like it did in Fable 1 & 2?

I don't really know how it works in Fable III but I think it might be related to which chests you open. Lets say you open all the melee chests, your character will end up somewhat muscular. If you open all the ranged you get taller and if you open all the magic chests well... I'm not sure what changes except for the sweet Will lines you get when charging up spells.

Also, you can beat the game in any of the Fable games without having to use all three combat styles. In fact, I'd recommend it unless you want to change things up because killing enemies with the same weapon over and over again does get a tad boring. However, I personally have beaten all three games using nothing but magic and I never had a very difficult time.

Good luck though.

OsirusThone

Reaction score
My first play through I used melee like it was going out of style. My second time I'm doing pretty much 98% magic and only using my gun on rare occasions. You could easily use all 3 if you wanted, the only time I've really seemed to have an annoying time not using magic is when I get surrounded by hollow men.

Binarynova

Reaction score
I played Fable 2 using a lot more melee than magic, but in Fable 3 I just don't see it. The swarms are enormous. I had nearly 30 hollow men swarm me in the Reliquary the other day. Despite using my overpowered Shock + Vortex combo they were able to pin me in a corner before I realized how many were really spawning. My framerate dropped to nothing as I attempted to break free.

I finally wore down the group but I couldn't have done it without my maxed out magic. If I had been playing like I played Fable 2 I would have died.

White Wolf

Hero of Samarkand
Reaction score
i have got to be honest there aren't a lot of spells

MKSaibot

Reaction score
I don't mind using magic that helps your melee out etc like the spell that makes you dash/teleport. I just know if I max out my character in one playthrough (hopefully won't) that I am not going to be playing the game again for a long time. My second playthrough would be all pure magic, only using melee or guns if I absolutly haft to.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
I had a similar thread sorta about this awhile ago but it wasn't written as well.

I am thinking about playing Fable 3 but not if I am going to just end up using magic, swords & gun's all at the same time (Not my thing). I like to specialize my character in just melee & some range, from watching a review it sounds like magic pretty much is a must (AOE attacks). Well I could care less, Fable & 2 is easy enough to playthrough without using AOE magic attacks or magic period.

So what does everyone think, is magic just something you should use in Fable 3 or not?

Ive done two playthroughs one with mage and melee and one with range and melee and I enjoyed the range and melee far more

Guren

Reaction score
I tried a playthrough with only melee and some magic. Magic isn't essential for taking on a horde of enemies, but you better have 40 potions otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.