1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albion has shrunk

Discussion in 'Fable III' started by II Knight-Of-Blades II, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. II Knight-Of-Blades II

II Knight-Of-Blades II Skorms Bane

Trophies:
    Ok so F1 was not massive but big enough to enjoy exploring the areas, F2 stepped it up with regions like Brightwood, Bowerlake, and Wraithmarsh all large and fun to explore (ive explored every inch of every region in every Fable game) F2 was a big game. F3 is small in comparison, we were promised regions twice the size of some of the F2 regions? Where are they then Lionhead? The two biggest regions in F3 (in my opinion) are Mistpeak and Shifting sands, to be fair shifting sands is big but theres nothing in it, Brightwood took me ages to find everthing and Mistpeak is smaller than Bowerlake? And so is Millfeilds (its the same place goddamit!) Anyone else notice this? and dont get me started on Mourning Wood, compared to Wraithmarsh its just not as big.

Btw i dont hate F3 i think its a great game lol.

2. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    If this is aimed at Lionhead, wouldn't it be better suited for their forums?

3. II Knight-Of-Blades II

II Knight-Of-Blades II Skorms Bane

Trophies:
    Your right, just wanted to see if any of the guys on this forum felt the same way.

4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    I'm sure your dislike for the shrinking of albion is shared by many other members

6. Vyan

Vyan Active Member

Trophies:
    I actually think the regions are bigger this time round. It's the lack of content with-in those regions that's the real problem.

Daniel Ray and Terra_Zeta like this.
  7. cheezMcNASTY

cheezMcNASTY Edible in some countries Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    it's just plate tectonics guys, no need to fret. ;)

joslen1 likes this.
  8. Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    That theory disproves a shrinking albion theory though. :D

9. cheezMcNASTY

cheezMcNASTY Edible in some countries Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    why, not at all! see, certain plates with hero minerals force subduction to the continents. as albion shrinks, the amount of magic needed for lionhead to make a sequel increases. ^_^

10. Arestia

Arestia Aerista

Trophies:
    We all know that Peter is an idiot and has has ruined the Fable series. The small map is one of the problems. Just because you can jump and swim DOESN'T mean EVERYONE WANTS TO. As Ben Croshaw said, 'You CAN, but why would you want to?' If you look at a game like Oblivion or Fallout, the map is extensive and it's fun to explore and level up as you explore. The only problem is fast traveling. If you got rid of traveling, it might take longer from one place to another, but you would see more. It would make the game more immersive.Also, if there was weather, it would be nice to see there be some atmoesphere.

11. Twilight

Twilight Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    Eh, I believe there is a weather system in place.

12. Arestia

Arestia Aerista

Trophies:
    I mean more like Fog, and getting wet when it rains, and having the wind blow on you and such. That's what I mean

13. handsdown65

handsdown65 A Smart Fella

Trophies:
    Seasons would be epix aswell.

14. Erika

Erika Member

Trophies:
    the reagons arnt THAT small, there nto what we where told tahy be. and no the reagons in f2 arnt much bigger than f3. BUT f2 dos have much much more regons, making the game seems bigger and better to exsplore~

agreed

maybe well see weather in skyrim =) cant wait for it. never tryed morrowind whats it like? (being a werewolf must have been fun lol)

15. atlantiantokra

atlantiantokra Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    translation anyone?
    Also Erika. Spellcheck, learn it, love it, use it. This post box (is that the right term?) might not have a spellchecker built in, but you have a computer (I assume) where there will be a word processing program somewhere that does, write in there then copy and paste it here.

ssjcb1186 likes this.
  16. Erika

Erika Member

Trophies:
    sorry XD i kinda type fast and skip some words. i do have a spell check but i sometimes miss some words. i said 'its not what we where told it'd be.'

oh, and being a bit dyslexic dosent help XD

17. Rose's Guardian

Rose's Guardian New Member

Trophies:
    yes I think that the fable games shuold be allot bigger then it is.

18. Daniel Ray

Daniel Ray The Wizard From The East

Trophies:
    Well, there are smaller, but its easier to get LOST in them when compared to the other games.

Come to think of it, maybe there IS a reason to why the Fable 3 maps are sooooo not accurate. Lionhead KNEW they made the regions smaller when they promised bigger, so to create that sense of "bigness", they made the maps useless. That way, we get lost easily, and we usually get lost in big places. Hence, the sense of "bigness". Sadly, we got used to the regions and realised they weren't so big any more. Failed plan, Lionhead.

19. DarkONI

DarkONI The Shadow Modder Legendary Hero

Trophies:
    No, it's just that every game focuses on different regions of the country. Oh, and it's not shrinking
    that much, on the other hand I prefer to have a few well-made regions than a lot of big and
    mediocre regions.

Daniel Ray likes this.
  20. Daniel Ray

Daniel Ray The Wizard From The East

Trophies:
    Well said, that. The regions in Fable III are beautiful, nonetheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.