• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alignment and attractiveness

D

Dan Davis

Alignment and attractiveness

I'm playing The Lost Chapters on the PC and need a little help understanding some things (the manual leaves a lot to be desired for telling you how the game works).

Alignment:

When I check the personality page there's a bar for alignment instead of a number. Which way makes you a good person? So far I haven't hurt anyone or stolen anything and my alignment bar is on the right side of the head, which I believe is bad.

There are negative alignment modifiers for heal self and physical shield. Does this mean that taking the spell makes you more evil or good?

When I use physical shield around others they get scared of me. Is this affecting my alignment? I don't see anything come up on the screen.

Attractiveness:

Am I understanding this right? When I go to the barber I can shave my head for a bonus to attractiveness and the same goes for a mutton chop beard. So if I go bald with a mutton chop beard I'm a hot stud? Is this right?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: Alignment and attractiveness

Dan Davis;130825 said:
I'm playing The Lost Chapters on the PC and need a little help understanding some things (the manual leaves a lot to be desired for telling you how the game works).

Alignment:

When I check the personality page there's a bar for alignment instead of a number. Which way makes you a good person? So far I haven't hurt anyone or stolen anything and my alignment bar is on the right side of the head, which I believe is bad.
If you have a red bar, you`re bad, if white/gray bar, you`re good.

Dan Davis;130825 said:
There are negative alignment modifiers for heal self and physical shield. Does this mean that taking the spell makes you more evil or good??
No, your alignement affects the spells.
Both Heal and Physical Shield are good spells so if you are good, you use less exp points when learning them. The alignement modifier shows whether you use more or less exp points by learning te spell, so if your alignement modifier is negative you use less exp points to learn them, which means you are good.

Dan Davis;130825 said:
When I use physical shield around others they get scared of me. Is this affecting my alignment? I don't see anything come up on the screen.
It doesn`t affect your alignement and I don`t know why this happens. Maybe your scaryness attractiveness are bad. It may be caused by your clothing for example.

Dan Davis;130825 said:
Attractiveness:

Am I understanding this right? When I go to the barber I can shave my head for a bonus to attractiveness and the same goes for a mutton chop beard. So if I go bald with a mutton chop beard I'm a hot stud? Is this right?

Yes, thats absolutely right.
Hope what I said was right and that I didn`t confuse you.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Do people get scared when you don't have the shield on? Also, don't forget that nice clothes and a hot haircut are not enough to win over the ladies (and sometimes guys) entirely - posing, gift-giving and being generally all manly will also help you on the way to being the hottest hero in all of Albion :D

H

HodgePodge

Lol Angel, you sound like the in-game tutorials :lol:

R

Rhadiel

there are also certain good and evil spells, like heal and phys shield (good) and beserker and drain life (evil) if u are not fully good or evil, u can only train up to level 3 in these spells, if ur full good, u can max out spells like heal and the shield, and vise versa for evil spells.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

HodgePodge;130852 said:
Lol Angel, you sound like the in-game tutorials :lol:
It is frightening, isn't it? :lol: