• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alignment based Storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

souls4me

Alignment based Storyline

To have more to your alignment than reactions, looks and spell cost. To have the main storyline change according to your choices in the game. Also to put the Hero Competitions that was scrapped back when the original fable was still project ego. To see which hero is the strongest, fastest or most popular etc.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score
Re: Alignment based Storyline

I agree with you completely, souls4me. They should have done this in Fable, but never did. I began to play Jade Empire after I had played Fable. In JE the story does shift depending on the choices you make, and not just in a small way. When I noticed this it made me think, "Why wasn't Fable like this?". I hope that your idea is realized into Fable 2.

S

souls4me

yeah but dont take it as far as jade empire as in spending 1/2 an hr just asking directions. but in the original fable they said it would never be the same game, well if i was good or evil it was always the same game the only thing different was reactions or looks.

S

souls4me

yeah but dont take it as far as jade empire as in spending 1/2 an hr just asking directions or having 10 hr of gameplay to 50 hrs of talking.. but in the original fable they said it would never be the same game, well if i was good or evil it was always the same game the only thing different was reactions or looks.

S

souls4me

yeah but dont take it as far as jade empire as in spending 1/2 an hr just asking directions or having 10 hr of gameplay to 50 hrs of talking.. but in the original fable they said it would never be the same game, well if i was good or evil it was always the same game the only thing different was reactions or looks. they should just make up where they screwed the original up, by having multiple story lines.

S

souls4me

yeah but dont take it as far as jade empire as in spending 1/2 an hr just asking directions or having 10 hr of gameplay to 50 hrs of talking.. but in the original fable they said it would never be the same game, well if i was good or evil it was always the same game the only thing different was reactions or looks. they should just make up where they screwed the original up, by having multiple story lines. i mean whats so fun about being evil trying to SAVE the world not take it over. anyone see a problem with that?

F

Fuzi0n

Well, the storys isnt that much biased towards an allignment in Fable1 anyway...

Its kind of just neutral story, but allows you to choose. So i guess thats the best they can do, and i think they will stick to that, a neutral story, but with good or evil choices.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

souls4me said:
i mean whats so fun about being evil trying to SAVE the world not take it over. anyone see a problem with that?

Thats what i thought, it does say in the end sequence
When you take the Sword Of Aeons you cast a dark shadow over albion and became an Evil Tyrant
but it still doesnt make any difference after that except people shout at you and run etc.

C

Crazyarms

yeah that is true, but the thing that bugs me the most is that you get light side points just for killing enemies. I mean what r u going to let them beat the crap out of you! No your going to have to kill them. So you shouldnt get any points for either side.

yeah i do think the story should change depending if your good, netural, or evil.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
yeah that is true, but the thing that bugs me the most is that you get light side points just for killing enemies. I mean what r u going to let them beat the crap out of you! No your going to have to kill them. So you shouldnt get any points for either side.

yeah i do think the story should change depending if your good, netural, or evil.

Thats a good point about killing enemies you got there :lol:

C

Crazyarms

you know...we been talking about Fable 2 for a while, but it doesnt look like its coming out anytime soon. I havent heard anything on it. Unless you guys know something i dont know (very likely)

J

JackofBlades39

wow..... so im not the only 1 thats played Jade Empire here.......cool. As 4 alignment and storyline, great! I miss the old D&D stuff though............. u kno, lik chaotic evil, lawful good, or just plain neutral. Then go way into detail and say chaotic good, lawful neutral, chaotic neutral, lawful evil etc. I still support the evil though............. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.