• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know how to download music from Myspace?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Anyone know how to download music from Myspace?

My friends have this cool band and I want to download their song from myspace, but I can't make it work. Does anyone know the secret?

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: Anyone know how to download music from Myspace?

You've gone to their band page and tried downloading from their list of songs, right?

I realize that may seem awfully obvious and was most likely the first thing you've done but I need to make sure you've eliminated that already.

Oh and if nothing else, you COULD ask your friends to send it to you.

Edit - Here. I think this should help. There's a couple of links under their picture that says "View my: Pics | Videos | Playlists". I clicked the last link and it took me to this page. If you can't view it on their main page then you can always go there.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

there's a download option next to the song.

if you don't see it then the band disabled the option to stop people from getting free music.

at least that's how it worked when i used myspace, it could have changed since then.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;427496 said:
there's a download option next to the song.

if you don't see it then the band disabled the option to stop people from getting free music.

at least that's how it worked when i used myspace, it could have changed since then.

No, I'm quite positive it still works that way.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I don't think I made myself clear: I want to download this song and have it on my computer in mp3 form. They've disabled the download thing, so I'm looking for a way to (illegally?) download the song, using software similar to youtube downloaders or something similar.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;427516 said:
I don't think I made myself clear: I want to download this song and have it on my computer in mp3 form. They've disabled the download thing, so I'm looking for a way to (illegally?) download the song, using software similar to youtube downloaders or something similar.

well, since you know them and i'm assuming have their consent i'll tell you this. if you obtain a screen capturing program somehow (i recommend camtasia studio 7) you can capture your computer screen while the song is playing and save it as an mp3.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

You want to steal from your friend? There is a special place in hell for you, sir. :O

How to do it:

Download the program 'Audacity'. It's free, I believe. It allows you to record sound that is coming out of your speakers. Just fire it up, hit record, and record the song as it plays.

So, yeah, I guess I'm going to hell too.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Music will be a free service available over the internet in a few years, so I don't consider it stealing, I just consider myself ahead of the curb.

And thanks for the help guuuuys. I'll try Audacity again (I just tried something like that, but every time I try to do something that involves recording my computer seems to just **** on me instead), if that doesn't work, then I'll try cheez's idea.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Eh... I didn't really pay attention to what you were asking. I skimmed over it, haha. To be honest, I had a feeling that's what you meant but I know very little about acquiring music in that way. However, recording the song while it plays via Audacity (as Tyloric mentioned) is probably your best bet.

Also, it is pretty messed up to steal from your friends. I bet if you just asked them they would give the song to you to listen whenever you wanted.

Tyloric

Reaction score

Arseface;427528 said:
I just consider myself ahead of the curb.

Well... you're not. >_>

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Tyloric;427538 said:
Well... you're not. >_>

*Stashes away mountain of pirated music*

<_<

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tyloric;427526 said:
You want to steal from your friend? There is a special place in hell for you, sir. :O

How to do it:

Download the program 'Audacity'. It's free, I believe. It allows you to record sound that is coming out of your speakers. Just fire it up, hit record, and record the song as it plays.

So, yeah, I guess I'm going to hell too.

That will absolutely SLAUGHTER the quality.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I have Myspace blocked on my network so I can't verify but, if the song is in flash format, you might be able to download their music by using the FlashGot Firefox extension. I haven't used it myself but I've heard it mentioned plenty of times.

Alternatively, you could ask your friend for a copy of the song as you really enjoy it - he/she/they might be flattered.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Flashgot's not working for me :(

And to clarify, I don't really know these guys that well, I just go to the same school as them.

EDIT: I managed to rip a decent MP3 using freecorder, which I tried unsuccessfully because it didn't work in firefox. Thanks again for the help and moral judgements.

Tyloric

Reaction score

Noctus;427564 said:
That will absolutely SLAUGHTER the quality.

Never has for me. :p