• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Apologises for lack of activity

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have noticed the lack of created threads etc & gaming news posts but to those who were not aware I'm currently lacking a computer. My laptop is getting worse by the day & most of my browsing is done on my phone. I can post in threads easy enough on phone but creating threads with pictures/links & videos can take some time. So they have been few & far between while I'm saving cash to build a new PC. Normal service shall be resumed soon & I will be posting more than ever without the frustration of a slow laptop that constantly beeps when power cord moves (A/C Jack is broken inside).

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
No worries, just don't disappear anywhere. I don't really feel like mopping up the vast litres of salty tears Scoots will leak out of his eyes if you do.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
No worries, just don't disappear anywhere. I don't really feel like mopping up the vast litres of salty tears Scoots will leak out of his eyes if you do.

I'm still on our forums daily just can't post as many threads as I would like & have them presented well. My laptop even overheated earlier & turned off, had to stack coasters underneath it & put ice pack on bottom before I could use it again.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm still on our forums daily just can't post as many threads as I would like & have them presented well. My laptop even overheated earlier & turned off, had to stack coasters underneath it & put ice pack on bottom before I could use it again.

You may wanna do that permanently, I started using a laptop table for mine when it turned off due to overheating and it hasn't done it since. Some lappies just need the extra ventilation; otherwise you can do lasting damage. :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
You may wanna do that permanently, I started using a laptop table for mine when it turned off due to overheating and it hasn't done it since. Some lappies just need the extra ventilation; otherwise you can do lasting damage. :(

Damage is long done, battery lasts about 20mins & A/C jack is snapped & it's peeling off motherboard. Fan is awfully positioned & always had overheating issues. I can't even move it when it's on as if cable moves it's constantly flicking between on & off charge as pins touch & then don't over & over. Got £550 of my PC budget currently so won't be long before I start building it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Damage is long done, battery lasts about 20mins & A/C jack is snapped & it's peeling off motherboard. Fan is awfully positioned & always had overheating issues. I can't even move it when it's on as if cable moves it's constantly flicking between on & off charge as pins touch & then don't over & over. Got £550 of my PC budget currently so won't be long before I start building it.

Sounds like my old laptop - the battery got so bad it wouldn't charge at all, and the power cord had to be put in a special position, which meant if the cord was moved the laptop would suddenly shut off. Effectively turning it into a desktop computer. :/

I'm glad you're almost there with your funds; good luck with the build. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sounds like my old laptop - the battery got so bad it wouldn't charge at all, and the power cord had to be put in a special position, which meant if the cord was moved the laptop would suddenly shut off. Effectively turning it into a desktop computer. :/

I'm glad you're almost there with your funds; good luck with the build. :)

Almost same situation & been putting up with it for months but now the casing of the jack is loose & gotten worse. Will start buying components soon with thanks to advice from @Gikoku, @Azer249 & @Steve Powell the build can start properly.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Almost same situation & been putting up with it for months but now the casing of the jack is loose & gotten worse. Will start buying components soon with thanks to advice from @Gikoku, @Azer249 & @Steve Powell the build can start properly.

Sucks eh? But luckily you won't have to put up with it for much longer. :)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Think of getting one of those laptop ventilation usb stands?
They're pretty cheap, yo.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Think of getting one of those laptop ventilation usb stands?
They're pretty cheap, yo.

Laptop will be no more soon, I have started purchasing components for my new rig and will be set to start building it in matter of weeks. Will never have to use a laptop again after that so it can go in a cupboard when ive transferred the files I want off it. Got just over £500 of my budget saved so far (going to cost just over £1000 when im done) and have purchased the case/PSU/DVD Drive and SSD so far and have them in my possession.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hey as long as you don't drop off the planet like I did, you'll be fine so don't sweat it. Looking forward to you getting the rig all sorted so business can pick up again.

I remember when my old lappy had horrible heating issues, it got to the point where I literally stuffed the damn thing in my freezer. Talk about some dark days.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hey as long as you don't drop off the planet like I did, you'll be fine so don't sweat it. Looking forward to you getting the rig all sorted so business can pick up again.

I remember when my old lappy had horrible heating issues, it got to the point where I literally stuffed the damn thing in my freezer. Talk about some dark days.

Hey. Hey Scotty. Hey. Listen. Remember that time you spilled water all over your laptop??

Good times man. Good times.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hey. Hey Scotty. Hey. Listen. Remember that time you spilled water all over your laptop??

Amy did the same and her keyboard doesnt work properly since then, we have to use a USB keyboard on top of regular one.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Amy did the same and her keyboard doesnt work properly since then, we have to use a USB keyboard on top of regular one.

It's one of my greatest fears, even moreso since Scott did it. Now I make the habit of keeping my liquids far away from my electronic goods.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's one of my greatest fears, even moreso since Scott did it. Now I make the habit of keeping my liquids far away from my electronic goods.

I dont let anyone near any of my electronics with any sort of liquid, very protective over my consoles/computers etc.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I dont let anyone near any of my electronics with any sort of liquid, very protective over my consoles/computers etc.

Same. My niece placed her small glass of juice next to my 360 and I was filled with so much anxiety and paranoia I had to move it elsewhere.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Don't remind me..

On the other hand, it did manage to cool it off.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Don't remind me..

On the other hand, it did manage to cool it off.

248e7a6f42706af8565349b73b2e89a2.gif