• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

coolpc

Reaction score
Todd (Albion knight) from here is actually part of one on Facebook (could actually be that one) and decent amount of members from here were also a part of that too. Most people who post on Facebook groups dont use forums, they prefer more instant communication methods. We could promote the Facebook page but not really anyone here at moment so wouldnt really do anything for them.

11 years we have been running this site (we were 19 years old when it started) & im still here most days but I cant talk to myself :lol:. I love gaming & will talk about it with anyone who will listen (and im nearly 31 now) & im still passionate about our communities living on. Unfortunately with Lionheads closure and Fable Franchises fate still up in the air as to if we will EVER see another game, fans are in limbo and only handful left who talk about it frequently. Some prefer forums and others social media, there is normally a preference as to where they post their content & forums are seen by the social media generation as 'old' method.

Plenty of other titles to talk about in meantime on the boards to keep things active but seems most go to Reddit or social media like Facebook & Twitter these days rather than forums. I frequently post threads about games im interested in to share my thoughts with the community but most members (and some staff even) stopped coming here with Lionheads closure as they thought we would close too.

We have floated ideas around for a while as to what course of action to take but nothing has come into fruition just yet but we want the community to live on, even if it means evolving and changing some aspects. Best thing people can do to help us continue is to post & talk on the boards and get activity up.

Good answer. thx:)
But there is some "moments"... Why nobody still no post news on main page??
Plus - Fable Fortune will launch soon. Its 2017, but news on site from 2014, of course many people will leave:(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Good answer. thx:)
But there is some "moments"... Why nobody still no post news on main page??
Plus - Fable Fortune will launch soon. Its 2017, but news on site from 2014, of course many people will leave:(

@Steve Powell updates the news (home) page (I dont have a login for it anymore I dont think) so that would be question for him I guess. But as far as I remember most people didnt even know we had a front news page who had been here for years and most came direct to the forums & skipped out that page entirely. News has been posted directly on the forums themselves instead as people who did view the main page never actually ever visited the forums themselves & then only went on the news page, was a vicious circle.

Those that visited the news page posted under the news articles there but forum members only posted on the forums themselves, so many questions & comments ended up unanswered on there. So those people never ventured to the forums, had unanswered questions and then never came back. We tried to encourage people instead to post on the forums themselves.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Will restick for now as had a clear out of old dead/redundant pinned topics a while ago. As there was no-one really here to post pics and most of the links for pics had expired or no longer worked I had unpinned it.

I see, yeah take your point. Was totally worth it for that new selfie of Queenie though.

Also, s**t you were 19 when you made this site?? That's younger than I am now! Really feel like I'd better hurry up and do something with my life x_x

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Also, s**t you were 19 when you made this site?? That's younger than I am now! Really feel like I'd better hurry up and do something with my life x_x

Yeah we were and it wasnt our first either, makes me feel pretty damn old now though.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
There was a nice little bump with Fable Anniversary but it was nowhere near how things used to be here.

Still, if Fable did ever make a comeback, this site would be in prime position to absorb all of that traffic. There's a thread addressing just about anything you could hope to know about the older Fables. Most anyone who was a part of the online Fable community over the years has at least heard of this place if not posted here.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
There was a nice little bump with Fable Anniversary but it was nowhere near how things used to be here.

Still, if Fable did ever make a comeback, this site would be in prime position to absorb all of that traffic. There's a thread addressing just about anything you could hope to know about the older Fables. Most anyone who was a part of the online Fable community over the years has at least heard of this place if not posted here.

True enough, Steve managed to sort out something with the server costs for a while as still costs money to keep the sites online & renew domains etc. However there is only so long you can have a site with very little activity costing you money while you wait for a 'possible' resurrection of activity to return somewhere down the line. Thats why ive tried to keep us going by talking about all sorts of games and the like in the meantime. We need content and people posting and a stream of activity to keep us going.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
@Steve Powell updates the news (home) page (I dont have a login for it anymore I dont think) so that would be question for him I guess. But as far as I remember most people didnt even know we had a front news page who had been here for years and most came direct to the forums & skipped out that page entirely. News has been posted directly on the forums themselves instead as people who did view the main page never actually ever visited the forums themselves & then only went on the news page, was a vicious circle.

Can confirm. I knew about the "front page", but always thought it was kinda redundant (and only now I find out you can actually post there).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Can confirm. I knew about the "front page", but always thought it was kinda redundant (and only now I find out you can actually post there).

Yeah it seemed few who posted on boards knew you could post there & those that posted there were not aware of the forums.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I'm watching the World Cup Sweden-England game at the moment and I realized in football there are different teams for England, Wales, etc..., but in track and field for example, athletes compete as representatives of Great Britain. Any reason for the difference (if it exists and I'm not imagining it)?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm watching the World Cup Sweden-England game at the moment and I realized in football there are different teams for England, Wales, etc..., but in track and field for example, athletes compete as representatives of Great Britain. Any reason for the difference (if it exists and I'm not imagining it)?

I believe there was talk of having a Great Britain team again (hadnt been one since 1955 in main competitions) but all the home nations voted against it though I think they do have one for olympic team competitions.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
A question for Dark Drakan. What would you personally prefer a possible new Fable to be? A reboot, a follow up or a pre call.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I believe there was talk of having a Great Britain team again (hadnt been one since 1955 in main competitions) but all the home nations voted against it though I think they do have one for olympic team competitions.

So it's basically just because of tradition then?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
A question for Dark Drakan. What would you personally prefer a possible new Fable to be? A reboot, a follow up or a pre call.

Not entirely sure but reboot is a word that tends to have negative connotations associated with it but done right they can help kickstart a series again. It might be time for a reboot to bring the series to modern age & trim the fat and remove dated/out of place features.

However the safer option would be a prequel to show where it all started but they simply can’t create Fable as it was but as a prequel. The gameplay mechanics & systems need more depth in this day and age to keep up with other developers RPG’s.

So it's basically just because of tradition then?

A little bit of that & that all the home nations want to support their own country team rather than just one unified team. Also gives all of the UK a chance to get into European/World Cup competitions (even if only England out of them qualified for this one).

Reactions: lee

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Dark Drakan if the next Fable is not a reboot but a prequel would you want any of the original Heroes to be in it such as Briar Rose, Thunder or Maze ect with there backstorys or completely new ones?.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Dark Drakan if the next Fable is not a reboot but a prequel would you want any of the original Heroes to be in it such as Briar Rose, Thunder or Maze ect with there backstorys or completely new ones?.

If they go down the prequel route I think it would be nice to have some older characters fleshed out a little more. However I think personally they should write their own characters and try to step out as far out of Lionheads shadow as they can with a different take or only have hints or a 'nod' to characters we are familiar with.

Reactions: lee

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I definitely love nods to previous characters (and creating the general feel of the same universe), but recently there have been too many reboots and sequels-prequels that pay too much homage to old media so a fresh story would be awesome.