• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Awsome Mass Effect Video - Character creation revealed.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Awsome Mass Effect Video - Character creation revealed.

Looks amazing and the character creation is the most in depth ive seen to date in any game... stunning.

H

HodgePodge

Way better than Oblivion char creation, where you had to spend hours to make your guy not look like a baboon's ***. And even then he still looked like a baboon :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

HodgePodge;125255 said:
Way better than Oblivion char creation, where you had to spend hours to make your guy not look like a baboon's ***. And even then he still looked like a baboon :p

It seems to take the creation part of Oblivion and vastly improve upon it, and include way more features and possibilities that also affect the game. Amazing to say the very least... :O

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Wow. Just... wow. Mass Effect is just going to plain flat-out rule. ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;125258 said:
Wow. Just... wow. Mass Effect is just going to plain flat-out rule. ^_^

Shaping up to be the best RPG ive ever seen :O

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;125095 said:
Watch a delicious, 15-minute Mass Effect preview - Joystiq

I want this game. Now. Right now.

Oh, and isn't the blonde gamer chick with glasses just so freakin' hot?

That was Awesome Tsuyu. +Rep
I thought the brunette was better looking.:D

HodgePodge;125255 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the characters in Oblivion looked horrendous. It's good that most of the time you're in first person :lol:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I just have a thing for chicks in glasses, that's all.

And yeah, the Oblivion character generation was too complex - I always ended messing up the skin, causing them to have this discoloration making it look like they were plague victims, or to a lesser extent teens with horrible acne.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

OOooooohhh.... I want it... I want it so bad. This game looks good enough that I might actually pay full price instead of waiting till I see it cheap, used or whatever. And by "pay full price" I mean, "ask for it for Christmas." Or maybe I'll actually buy it myself. Who knows?

And yes, the two girls were hot. Yes, that is meaningless, since I think that something like 80-90% of the female portion of the human race is hot. Though they were also rather annoying...

On the subject of the book, I haven't read it. What I have read is... oh, damn, I can't remember the title... the Darth Bane Star Wars book, which is also by Drew Karpshyn, or however his last name is spelled. I have to agree with the one guy-- Drew K-whatever really isn't the best writer ever. The Darth Bane book (oh, that's it, Star Wars: Darth Bane: Path of Destruction) was fairly entertaining... but not because of the author.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;125349 said:
OOooooohhh.... I want it... I want it so bad. This game looks good enough that I might actually pay full price instead of waiting till I see it cheap, used or whatever. And by "pay full price" I mean, "ask for it for Christmas." Or maybe I'll actually buy it myself. Who knows?

And yes, the two girls were hot. Yes, that is meaningless, since I think that something like 80-90% of the female portion of the human race is hot. Though they were also rather annoying...

On the subject of the book, I haven't read it. What I have read is... oh, damn, I can't remember the title... the Darth Bane Star Wars book, which is also by Drew Karpshyn, or however his last name is spelled. I have to agree with the one guy-- Drew K-whatever really isn't the best writer ever. The Darth Bane book (oh, that's it, Star Wars: Darth Bane: Path of Destruction) was fairly entertaining... but not because of the author.

Got to remember he is essentially a games writer, and there arent many games with enough backstory and detail of which to fill out a novel, but he seems to manage it. Hes a talented author and writer but obviously hes not going to be best writer ever but i applaud the guy for creating such immersive and interesting stories. A real credit to the gaming world, that other games writers should take note of.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Has anyone read the novel?

H

Hexadecimal

Albion Knight;125389 said:
Has anyone read the novel?

I did ;)
preordered it and read it within days of release :D

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Can I borrow your copy:p How was it?

H

Hexadecimal

Albion Knight;125397 said:
Can I borrow your copy:p How was it?

nobody gets to borrow it... all mine... well, except for Andy :lol:
... but he didn't want to :getlost:

it was really good... obviously, it wasn't the best novel I've ever read, as he is a games writer first and foremost, but it really sets the stage for the game, explaining the events leading up to the storyline, the political setting at the time,etc. The technology like weaponry and transport are explained in great detail, and of course, a bit of Saren's back story is described too, as well as Anderson's. It's really worth buying if you plan to buy the game and you like to get really into your RPG's :thumbsup:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Cool I might go get it tomorrow

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Tsuyu;125330 said:
I just have a thing for chicks in glasses, that's all.
Amen to that. People with glasses are seriously underestimated in attractiveness :p

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnywaaaaaaaaaay...I really, really want to play this game. Really, really badly. Like, now. Or I'll shoot this puppy. AND I LIKE PUPPIES, DARN IT.

F

Frostmourne

"Well there was this one time the churians almost wiped out our entire race...that was fun"

"he tried the same with us, but we fought them off"

"it's not the same"

"seems similar enough to me!"

"so your people were infected with a genetic mutation? An infection, that only makes a few in a thousand children survive birth? And I suppose it's destroying your entire species?"

"...sorry bro, i'm texting my friend, what did you say? Something about genetic babies?"
:lol:

Looks like a great game, it's one of those games, like Fable 2 to Assassins Creed, that offer a new fresh plot, and some wicked innovative feautres. *waiting to pre-order*

I hope I can have a huge machine gun in the game, and mow down everyone in my path. Combine that with magical powers, and you got a one man army :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Frostmourne;125475 said:
"Well there was this one time the churians almost wiped out our entire race...that was fun"

"he tried the same with us, but we fought them off"

"it's not the same"

"seems similar enough to me!"

"so your people were infected with a genetic mutation? An infection, that only makes a few in a thousand children survive birth? And I suppose it's destroying your entire species?"

"...sorry bro, i'm texting my friend, what did you say? Something about genetic babies?"
:lol:

Looks like a great game, it's one of those games, like Fable 2 to Assassins Creed, that offer a new fresh plot, and some wicked innovative feautres. *waiting to pre-order*

I hope I can have a huge machine gun in the game, and mow down everyone in my path. Combine that with magical powers, and you got a one man army :lol:

The guy playing that part of the game in that demo was one evil guy :lol:

I liked the choice it gave you and im looking forward to playing this game many times over and experiencing different things each time. Also as you can upgrade and customise every weapon i dont see why you couldnt :p

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Maybe you have a point about game writing not translating well to novel writing. [shrug] I don't KNOW that I've played any games he wrote, so I can judge only by the one book of his I read.

Frostmourne;125475 said:

That really raised my estimation of his skill, though. Funny. I like sarcastic little boogers. I thought they were the Turians, though? Not Churians?

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;125567 said:
Maybe you have a point about game writing not translating well to novel writing. [shrug] I don't KNOW that I've played any games he wrote, so I can judge only by the one book of his I read.

That really raised my estimation of his skill, though. Funny. I like sarcastic little boogers. I thought they were the Turians, though? Not Churians?

yeah, it's the Turians
I thought you said you'd played KotOR... or maybe that was somebody else... but he was a writer for KotOR as well as lead writer for Jade Empire :thumbsup: