• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Balverines EVERYWHERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
Here I am, finished the game, wanting to go explore every last detail of my lovely kingdom...but wait, what's that I see? A pack of balverines!

Millfields, Silverpines(obviously), and Mistpeak are all lousy with balverines. We're talking a ****load of balverines. What gives? I can't even have a snooty family home in Millfields because anytime I go there I'm attacked by a pack of them, white balv included, and there's almost always a couple more packs nearby.

I know I'm not the only one experiencing this, I'd just like to know why. Is it the result of some decision I made as ruler or something? And yes, I know they're not difficult to kill at this point in the game but it's super annoying.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Tell me bout it...hard to lvl a sword that requires mercs when there are only balvarines in your game. I think its just the game keep up with your chars lvl. Stronger enemies spawning for how far you are on the road to rule.

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
Oh I hope not...that would mean it's irreversible. Ackkk! I'm hoping it was just an oversight and can maybe be patched. Mostly it's the balvs in Millfields that annoy me, I want to be able to live there. And what's with them always being IN town? They were never like that before as far as I remember(save the white balverine in Knothole in Fable 1). They're not even in the forests, and frankly, the guards can't handle them. It's ridiculous, it's like full-scale balverine warfare against all my little rich folks.

Aruu

Reaction score
I hate the fact that Millfields is constantly overrun with something. If it's not bandits, it's balverines. I know in Fable II there was the odd moment when hobbes/bandits/beetles would come into town but that was rare, and not constant. It really makes me want to avoid the area because of it. Like you said, it's not hard, but it's just annoying having to clear out several packs before you can look around.

I think they overcompensated for the enemies in Fable II, the packs never really changed size, even if the enemies were changed according to how far in the game you were. But it is annoying having so many every single time. :/ I hope they do patch it, like you said, but it seems to be an actual choice on their behalf.

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score
alas this 'problem' is actually reallistic in the fact that with the expansion of civilazation the contact with humans and the animals who's home they now occupy increases

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Anywhere there were wolves, balverines stupidly replace them on a one to one basis. The problem is, large packs of wolves are fine. Large packs of balverines are not. It's just part of leveling up. If you don't do any hero chests on the road to rule you will still get just wolves and wimpy other enemies.

On the plus side, they stay dead longer in 3. Easily two full in-game days or more.

Rudimentree

Reaction score
Ah yeah I agree the balverines everywhere is really annoying. Especially because I'm trying to beat the game before morphing my weapons.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
there seems to be a big lack of free-roam where you dont encounter a monster.
and there is over 5 major areas where monsters a found, mourningwood, millfields, mistpeak, shifting sands and silverpines.
which i think fable 3 has too many huge roaming areas.
in fable 2, it was nice because there were many towns, but also linear pathways between each town where the monsters would often be at. but in fable 3 there isnt much linear paths so they just appear everywhere.

XCRmonger

Reaction score
They drive me crazy. Ugh. Best way to kill them each time, for me anyway, is a Creatures potion and some good ol' fashioned shock + fireball.

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
Man it sucks. It definitely discourages me from going to those places. If that's the case(which it seems like it is), I wish we could undo unlocking chests, like you could undo leveling up in Fable 2.

Jack 0f Blades

Reaction score
I always, find them in Millfields, I will be walking down the road then around twelve, balverines pop out at me. Well actually I see them, I think I am going to go on an expedition, to extinct Balverines unless they respawn hahah.

Cupcake_Princess

Reaction score
Serious WTF moment, I found a gold key so decided to open the door in the old hero's tomb.. Balverines.. Seriously? How did they get down there!?

I hate fighting Balverines!! e.e

Rex Nusquam

Reaction score
I feel ya on that!! I've been trying to snipe em first. If that doesn't work then I'm using woven fire/blades spell and just keep blasting em with that. Nasty beasts lol

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I'm going to ignore the huge necropost here just to say that the thing that annoys me the most out of Balverines, Balverines Everywhere is how it contradicts what is stated in The Balverine Order.

TheBigKahuna

Reaction score
I find the ones in Millfields to be very annoying as well. They are right in the village, and usually at least 3 packs of them there. Mistpeak Valley is full of Mercs. I can't walk 50' in Mistpeak without a band of mercs attacking me. It was challenging and fun at first, but just annoying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.