• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Be Mayor, or marry Lady Grey?

S

SX7

Be Mayor, or marry Lady Grey?

I am now fighting in the Arena in my copy of TLC that I got yesterday. But I must ask, which should I do? Marry Lady Grey, or be the Mayor? I know of the dowrey and Ronok the Axe from original Fable, but those things can be EASILY replaced. So are there any advantages to being Mayor? Or is it just the same as being a Hero? Thanks much in advance.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Be Mayor, or marry Lady Grey?

Honestly? No real advantages to being mayor - you get no recognition and no special treatment. Commit a crime and it's no different to being a regular citizen...

Marrying Lady Grey is equally pointless, in my view, coz she's such a whiner. She just takes and hardly ever gives out - many is the frustrated hero who can't get her in the sack. Even if you do score with her, she's still *****ing and moaning minutes later because you don't pay her enough attention blah blah blah.

Personally, I went with being mayor. Big house and none of the female problems :D

S

SX7

Thats another thing I forgot; When your mayor, do you actually get to LIVE in Bowerstone Manor? Or is it just like with Lady Grey; you can only go in, but not sleep or anything.

And about getting her in the sack; I got her about 5 times in the original Fable. But your right, she usually does just *****.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

She's dog rough anyway - even by computer game standards...

And yeah, you can go in but not actually live there which is a bit silly but I like to own everything in the game so it's worth the hassle just to strike it off my list...

S

SX7

Angel;173667 said:
She's dog rough anyway - even by computer game standards...

And yeah, you can go in but not actually live there which is a bit silly but I like to own everything in the game so it's worth the hassle just to strike it off my list...

You turned her in, and thus you can't get Ronok the Axe...

And yeah, I'm turning her in. I'll marry her with my evil character. They'll be the perfect match for eachother.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

The axe didn't interest me to be honest - I prefer maces or swords. I was fully evil but just to be sure I'd stay that way I killed the whole town to be on the safe side after she was kicked out :D

S

SX7

XD Some Mayor you turned out to be!

Ya, your right. There is no real advantages. Its like they don't even know your Mayor! If they do this in Fable 2 as well, they should make it that the town's state depends on how good of a job your doing as mayor.(For example; if your doing horrible, people would be sleeping in the streets and bandits would often raid, but if your doing good, people are happy and stuff.)

I

iF.Leoric

I prefer to marry her.

Being the mayor does not give you any advantage, you can enter the house but can't do anything.

Marrying her, you will have the same as you are the mayor, but with a wife :>

and for the morally degenerate ones -> you can have sex with her lolz

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

i prefer being mayor and on a side note i got ronok the axe and was still mayor you just have to be married

S

SX7

Somehow my character was deleted, leaving only my evil one left... weird... well, guess I'll have to make the same decision.

Anyway, I am already married to one of the guild apprentices, so does it really matter if she's my wife or not? Either way I'll be mayor and married.

Another thing I forgot to ask, if I'm already married, can I marry Lady Grey without the consequences of evil points or my other wife(The Guild Apprentice; We live in Bowerstone South) learning of her?

I

iF.Leoric

Yes you can, you can have 1 wife in every towns hehehe, won't give you bad points to have more than 1 wife, and it's cool to have more than one.

If you don't give attention to your wives they will divorce lol

S

SX7

iF.Leoric;173900 said:
Yes you can, you can have 1 wife in every towns hehehe, won't give you bad points to have more than 1 wife, and it's cool to have more than one.

If you don't give attention to your wives they will divorce lol

The thing is, both wives are in Bowerstone, so I don't know if it'll count. Considering that Lady Grey refuses to leave Bowerstone North, I'm guessing that there shouldn't be a problem?

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

Marry her - becuase you need to fight thunder then and thats the only way into headmans cave IIRC theres a silver key in the water as well as a chest down there and if you want the avanger sword you need every single key in the game

S

SX7

Skormsarrow;173925 said:
Marry her - becuase you need to fight thunder then and thats the only way into headmans cave IIRC theres a silver key in the water as well as a chest down there and if you want the avanger sword you need every single key in the game

You can always fight Thunder than turn her in. Thats what I did before.

I

iF.Leoric

But it's better to have two goods than only one don't you think?

See, you can have a wife in all towns that you can own a house. In Bowerstone North, you can't own a house, so you can't get married there, the exception is marrying Lady Grey.

Do you prefer marry Lady Grey or make that Man near Oakvale happy? ¬¬¬¬

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score

i dont know i was always touched by her sister's story so i always turned her in but i guess you miss out on the weapons...which is pointless since there are better ones anyways

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

m800_runner;177853 said:
i dont know i was always touched by her sister's story so i always turned her in but i guess you miss out on the weapons...which is pointless since there are better ones anyways
I married her once and did'nt have much fun with that. She just wandered around Bowerstone north, talking about how nice to her I was. I could'nt get her to follow me anywhere, and got tired of everyone calling me Mr. Lady Grey .
I ended up, restarting at last save, to get away from her. I play good, soo, maybe that had something to do with it.:unsure:

J

Jack of Names

Here's another opinion for ya, Mayor sucks, marry lady grey and get the 20,000 GP + Ronok the Axe.

Jimbo1425

MASTER ASSASSIN
Reaction score

Jack of Names;178058 said:
Here's another opinion for ya, Mayor sucks, marry lady grey and get the 20,000 GP + Ronok the Axe.

and another $70,000$ because she will give you the solus greatsword if you treat her good