• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Be Mayor, or marry Lady Grey?

J

Jack of Names

Re: Be Mayor, or marry Lady Grey?

Jimbo1425;178209 said:
and another $70,000$ because she will give you the solus greatsword if you treat her good
Depends, you'd have to be constantly following her around for an hour constantly giving her only the richest of gifts.
And by that time I could already buy the sword.
You just save up the gold from the 'Rescue the Archaeologist' quest and all the quests that follow.

A

ark1294

K guys PLZ listen up! Ok so, i already proved lady grey criminal! now is there any chance i can marry her?! plz let me know! mail me at [email protected] plz!

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I don't really see a difference between either. I always just marry her cause she's pretty. But I'd go for mayor cause she's annoying to keep happy. -_-

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Be the mayor. To get rid of that sheriff in Bowerstone N.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

There are only advantages for marrying her, plain and simple.

• A hot and sexy wife!
  • Get to kill off that annoying douche Thunder.
  • A Silver Key that you can't get otherwise(you can get it only when duelling Thunder)
  • Several weapons.
  • Nice gifts from Lady Grey.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You don't? Bah, so long since I played. But at least you get to whoop his arse and humiliate him, as well as stealing his woman.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Tsuyu;325822 said:
A Silver Key that you can't get otherwise(you can get it only when duelling Thunder)

Even if you decide to expose, rather than marry Lady Grey, you can still fight Thunder and get the key.
Get both the 'Investigate' and the 'Invitation' quests. For the 'Invitation' do everything from giving the gift to fighting Thunder, then instead of returning to L/G as it says on the quest card, go do the 'Investigate' quest. You will have fought Thunder and gotten the key and mana aug and still be able to explose her and become mayor.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

jwc2200;325882 said:
Even if you decide to expose, rather than marry Lady Grey, you can still fight Thunder and get the key.
Get both the 'Investigate' and the 'Invitation' quests. For the 'Invitation' do everything from giving the gift to fighting Thunder, then instead of returning to L/G as it says on the quest card, go do the 'Investigate' quest. You will have fought Thunder and gotten the key and mana aug and still be able to explose her and become mayor.

Keep your sorcerous modder-quality knowledge of the game out of this!

Fine, I admit defeat.

N

Nekaku

I defeated Thunder and didn't marry her... I did her side quest with the necklace and after defeating thunder I went and talked to the guy in jail, and then I went and did the rest... Became mayor... And in the end times, Thunder says "The Lady sends her regards."

... Or at least I think thats how I did it... Hm... That was on my third time through... I am now on like my 9th time through..

jwc2200

Reaction score

Tsuyu;325893 said:
Fine, I admit defeat.

LOL, it's not a competition.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I'll put in my two cents.

I usually cort lady grey up to the point where you fight Thunder so you can get the key. At that point I expose her and become mayor. She is really annoying as a wife and the only real reason to marry her is to get the Solus Greatsword for free. But at this point in the game you should be rolling in gold so buying the sword isnt really a problem. The only thing you really miss out on is getting the legendary axe, but once again at this point in the game you should already have plenty on weapons better than it already so it doesnt matter. Unless you are trying to collect every legendary weapon, or you prefer to use and axe, marrying lady grey is rather pointless. But it doesnt really matter either way. Being mayor gets you no special powers, and when she is your wife lady grey basicly becomes a regular NPC.

D

Dæmon

Is there any other way to get into the demon door (I already have though) but is it just a coincidence that the quest to get the "Dead Ladies" necklace at orchard farm comes up...And how after you fight thunder and get the stuff the other lady near the holding cages asks you to marry her??? Just a thought.

N

Nekaku

Which demon door? The one where you fight Thunder or the one that is at the Grey house?

jwc2200

Reaction score

If you have used Free Roam you can change the script info in the tng file to get in by giving a gift:
http://forums.projectego.net/open-demondoor-s-gift-7701/
Since you have already been to that region, change the UID as well so it will make it seem new to the save file.

N

Nekaku

lol So if you are having any kind of dilemma at all, Play God. I love it!

K

knight4

marry lady grey you can then open the grey hose demon door, **** off thunder, get his helmet, and good sex

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score

the only reason i ever marry her is so i can get the axe (even though it is c**p at this point i am a admitted completionist) and it get you the silver key so you can get the avenger at the end if you have tlc.
She's really annoying to keep around though... does anyone know of a way to get rid of her afterwards... i did the invitation quest up until i defeated thunder (im now SUPPOSED to return to L/G ) then i did the investigation and married L/G... but the dude is still saying "now that amander has spoken to you you can reveal the mayor for te evil being she is" or somfin like that! so can i dump her?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Marry her you fool! She is stronger than she looks. Treat her like a Goddess and get the Solus Great Sword. Bring her to her chamber and pluck her Silver Key. Also you can beat her senseless for infinite experience which should still work in Anniversary. I learned these things and I still had no idea.

Seriously you guys Fable glitches were top knotch. Cheat on your final test, dig your way through locked areas, sleep in random beds, sneak off the map, break Job's Mask!