• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Behold the Mods Database! [Beta]

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Re: Behold the Mods Database! [Beta]

nicomon;399133 said:
Wouldn't the license thing partially cover that, with the rest of it balanced by the other problem that mentioned? I mean, the people who try to exploit the first problem would be attempting to control the fact that they are getting money from it, while those who don't have no control over whether or not they get money, meaning they aren't depending on it/trying to make money of of something that isn't their's. And preventing these problems from existing long enough for LionHead to notice (should these problems ever happen) is simple, as it could be done by putting a reporting system in place for people to report these things in, with a probable(if not certain... I wouldn't know what the moderators would decide) ban as punishment.

The only problem with this is the actual user agreement with the game, most certainly do not accept modifying their games and by this they can sue those who attempt to mod even games under general user cannot receive money for making these modifications. i think John is right in saying this is a bad idea. i.e. doomsday example if one person finds it others will and it is likely to be exploited along with a hefty lawsuit.

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score

Thank you lol the arrow amplifies it a bit more as well ;)
you missed to other spelling mistakes aswell or at least didn't type them

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Hi folks,

Just wanted to get some of your opinions regarding the new,well, I don't know what the non-techy name for Content Management System is but we'll just call it 'site' I guess.

Anyhoo, I've made it so that the Latest Mods section will be much more prominent than how it was originally shaping up to be in my original draft; it now has it's own column dedicated to listing the latest 10 mods. This will hopefully mean that the mods will get even more exposure. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/67Tno.jpg

And here's how a typical mod page will look (unless further revisions are made): http://i.imgur.com/IDwmq.jpg

Do please let me know if you think anything looks crap. In fact, all feedback would be most appreciated. Cheers!

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Downl0ads?

With the main page of the Mods that has the column of the 10 latest, something feels a bit off about it. Won't the page be a bit too long and only the top few of the 10 mods in the column really be looked at with that much blurb allowed? Maybe you should just have links showing the names of the mods like the right column or have less mods showing with a bit more info in each (probably not preferred by most though). Of course, this is just a suggestion based on what I see so far and perhaps I'm misjudging.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Good questions Arladerus. rep+

Downl0ads: T'is a faux-category on my testing blog. I already had a category called 'Downloads' so I went with the first thing that came to mind. Perhaps 'Downloads2' would have been a much less l33t alternative.

Regarding page length: Good question. The three column layout is completely compatible with 1024x768 resolutions and above (meaning no horizontal scrolbar). Anyone using 800x600 is out of luck but according to my research, less than 0.5% of users are using a resolution of less than 1024x768.

I'll look into removing the article/mod excerpts but if I removed the excerpts from one column I would very likely need to do it with the other as well. This would be because one column would end up being half the size of the other and I presume users would much rather read the excerpt that have to look at white-space. I will definitely look into alternatives though.