• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best aumor? Melee weapon? Range Weapon? Everything else?

D

dan462711

Best aumor? Melee weapon? Range Weapon? Everything else?

I would like to know which are the best of the best i have the sword of Aeon from completeing the game. I would like to collect the best weapons ever i would also like to know what level strength i need to take the sword out of the stone thank you

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: Best aumor? Melee weapon? Range Weapon? Everything else?

The best armour is Plate, either dark, bright or neutral. There is a legendary suit that is a bit better, but not much, and it is not available til late in the game.
As far as weapons go, that is harder to say. Some prefer a one-handed sword with less damage over a two-handed with a bit more damage. Speed is a factor, lighter weapons offer more hits per minute. Sword of Aeons is pretty good, it's the strongest light weapon. Solus Great Sword is the strongest in the game, but heavy.
To pull the sword from the stone you need to max out Strength, Health, and Toughness.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

+Rep Jason for helping. ^_^

You don't need to max each attribute in Strength to pull the sword out though, I think you just need to get each to level 3 or 4. Haven't played in a while but I'm sure you don't have to max them out.

jwc2200

Reaction score

droded;176833 said:
+Rep Jason for helping. ^_^

You don't need to max each attribute in Strength to pull the sword out though, I think you just need to get each to level 3 or 4. Haven't played in a while but I'm sure you don't have to max them out.

Thanks for the rep droded. I just tried to pull it with Strength, Health, and Toughness all at 4, the hero can not do it. I am pretty sure its max to get it. Maybe if they are all 5 or all 6 it will work. I will try that after I eat breakfast.

D

dan462711

i hvae like 5 or 6 str 5 hp and 5 toughness and i can't do it i read somewhere that u can only try to pull it out once and after that it won't work

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah it's all 5 or above in order for it to work. You can try as many times as you want before that though.

jwc2200

Reaction score

I tried all 5 and all 6 and no sword. All 3 have to be maxed out to get the Harbinger.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

My favorite sword is the Sollus sword, available at north Bowerstone. Love bright plate armor. Skorms bow is the best, but I don't play evil, so I settle for the bow outside of the bordello, with ghost arrow maxed out.:)

J

Jack of Names

Best Sword: Solus Greatsword - Sold only in the Bowerstone North general store for around 74K.
Best Bow: I believe it's the Master Crossbow though I am probably wrong - Sold in the Heroes Guild, Knothole Glade etc.

X

Xeon

You really shouldn't care what is the best, I pick my armor and weapons from how cool they look, my personal favorite sword is either Master Longsword, the harbringer or cutlass bluetane.

As for armor, I like to combine pieces, normally; leather pants, assassin boots or JoB boots, bandit gloves and either a villager or apprentice shirt.

J

Jack of Names

Xeon;176993 said:
You really shouldn't care what is the best, I pick my armor and weapons from how cool they look, my personal favorite sword is either Master Longsword, the harbringer or cutlass bluetane.

As for armor, I like to combine pieces, normally; leather pants, assassin boots or JoB boots, bandit gloves and either a villager or apprentice shirt.
Choosing them on how cool they look isn't always the best game playing strategy, but then again, it can be pretty fun!

X

Xeon

Jack of Names;177019 said:
Choosing them on how cool they look isn't always the best game playing strategy, but then again, it can be pretty fun!

fable is too easy to care about armor rating

J

Jack of Names

Xeon;177021 said:
fable is too easy to care about armor rating
That is true, I hope all this changes in the upcome sequel, Fable 2 :D

X

Xeon

I got the feeling that in Fable 2 that armor will be all about the looks, maybe a few legendary mail sets but I think it will mostly be leather and cloth

jwc2200

Reaction score

Xeon;176993 said:

Players can care what is best. It is all about personal preference. I like the Master Long Sword, modded, with the graphic at 1.2, damage at 160, retextured to match bright leather suit. I do not like Bluetane, the green blade is weird looking to me, and it doesnt match any suits. Harbinger is ok, but too shiny for me.

X

Xeon

jwc2200;177046 said:
Players can care what is best. It is all about personal preference. I like the Master Long Sword, modded, with the graphic at 1.2, damage at 160, retextured to match bright leather suit. I do not like Bluetane, the green blade is weird looking to me, and it doesnt match any suits. Harbinger is ok, but too shiny for me.
it matches dark leather or dark chainmail, but cutlass is only just till I get my hands on that legendary katana, harbringer or Avo's tear.

D

dan462711

ok so i need all melee stats for the sword in the stone ( don't no what sword it is )
skorms bow is the best bow
im currently using aero sword i mite get the w/e great sword
best aumor is the one in the chest with 25 keys
and no1 has answered where i sell my legendarys for money that would help

jwc2200

Reaction score

The sword in the stone is the Harbinger(Legendary Longsword in FE). It does 180 damage, has sharpening and piercing augmentations.

The armour in the 25 key chest is Archon's Battle Armour. It has about 1100 armour rating. You sell legendary weapons in Snowspire Village.

Jason

D

dan462711

snowspire village? where is that is that hook coast ( only said that cuaes it snows there )

I

iF.Leoric

some people like to say that sword of aeons and avo's tear are the best swords, they aren't heavy and have mana/hp augmentations -> 230 dmg

but solus great sword is the best, heavy and with 320 dmg (or is it 316?). it's slow, but don't forget that if you use berserk, he can hold a two handed sword with one hand only and attack as fast as one handed sword