• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best Drummer Ever

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I was having a conversation with a friend and we were talking about who the best drummer ever was.. We talked about the best drummer from the past, I went for Neil Peart and he want for Bonham being the little Zep fan boy he is.

We then got talking about the best drummer around now.. We both said Travis Barker. I don't think anyone can match his creativity and his solo album was fantastic.

Who do you guys think is the best drummer ever? Or even do what we did and say the best drummer past and present.

Boom.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I was having a conversation with a friend and we were talking about who the best drummer ever was.. We talked about the best drummer from the past, I went for Neil Peart and he want for Bonham being the little Zep fan boy he is.

We then got talking about the best drummer around now.. We both said Travis Barker. I don't think anyone can match his creativity and his solo album was fantastic.

Who do you guys think is the best drummer ever? Or even do what we did and say the best drummer past and present.

Boom.
Why is it constantly the same? o_O

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Because it isn't the the most important aspect of the song and it's a rap beat.
What is the most important aspect? I was talking about the whole thing; everything was repetitive. Or that's just me, getting bored... :p

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
What is the most important aspect? I was talking about the whole thing; everything was repetitive. Or that's just me, getting bored... :p

Lupe Fiasco destroying it like the underrated boss he is! Rap isn't everyones cup of tea. :p

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I wasn't aware it was anyone's?

*trollface*

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Barker's the most talented today for sure.
Taught himself to drum with one arm after breaking one on tour
Drumming like a mad man

Old time drummers - I'd have to side with your friend Zeej. If it's not Bonham then I don't know who it is. It's definitely possible there were more talented drummers than him that I just don't know about. The only others that come to mind are Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, and Ringo Starr.

The best drummer alive today could be playing for a band that only needs a standard 4:4 rock beat for every single song. Though, he'd have to be hiding some seriously freakish talent to compete with Barker.

Of all the rock instruments, drums are allowed to shine the least often. I think that second place in that category would go to bass.

Why is it constantly the same? :blink:
This is a thread for music post-20th century. Go sit in the Beethoven corner and laugh at overused chord progressions for a while.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
TR3 C0OL IZ DA B3ST5 DUMM0R EV4R 0MG H3 15 500O0OO00OO H4WT!1!!!11!11!111!!!!1!!!!11!11111!!111111

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Blake Richardson adds so much flavour.
The Human Abstract has a good thing going on between Brett Powell's drumming and AJ's guitar expertise.

Special mention for the drummer of The Chariot just because he has to put up with so much.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Mike Portnoy, no competition.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Dis guy.

I'm not even kidding. I love this guy. This video. The homemade drum kit. The skill. The moustache.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I really don't know much about drumming or different drummers, so I'm not really sure. I guess if I had to pick a favorite, my love for Zeppelin would probably just force me to say John Bonham like ZJ's friend.

After seeing this though, I might just have to go with this guy. :lol: He even drummed on one of the most recent episodes of the office.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm going to be a little Jazz fag and say Steve Gadd. No one else grooves as hard as him.

Of all the rock instruments, drums are allowed to shine the least often. I think that second place in that category would go to bass.

Disagree. I think the bass is the most underrated instrument in rock circles.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I think the bass is the most underrated instrument in rock circles.

Yea, definitely. I feel like drums shine much more than bass. Hell, I hardly even notice the bass a lot of the time when I'm listening to music.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I'm going to be a little Jazz fag and say Steve Gadd. No one else grooves as hard as him.

Disagree. I think the bass is the most underrated instrument in rock circles.
Indeed. But not just underrated, but under the radar. You don't hear the effects of the bass 'till it's gone.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
To be fair, in rock, the bass usually does **** all.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Bass solo, bitches!