• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Blizzard say sequels to StarCraft & Warcraft depend on gamers feedback

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have been a fan of Warcraft II/Warcraft III & Frozen Throne for some time and I have been waiting on further sequel news since I stopped playing them. I have recently played StarCraft II also thanks to the Starter Edition and enjoyed it (will purchase full version soon). It seems that the wait might be over soon for full sequels to both franchises. Blizzard announced at BlizzCon that they are definitely interested in doing WarCraft 4 and StarCraft 3 but it depends on what fans want...

Blizzard Teases Sequels 'StarCraft 3', 'Warcraft 4' at Blizzcon, Says It Depends on Players' Feedback

A job listing was recently detailed on Blizzards website for remastered versions of StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II & it seems they are gauging interest in the franchises by going back and doing HD versions of the classics.

Blizzard Could Remaster StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II

Job Listing

Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.

Responsibilities

• Make gameplay first again on modern operating systems.
    • Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
    • Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
    • Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
    • Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
Requirements

• Expert knowledge of C / C++
    • A minimum of 5 years’ development experience
    • Experience debugging unfamiliar code
    • Passion for games
    • Excite us
Pluses
    • Experience debugging Win32 or OS X game software
    • Experience using Visual Studio or Xcode
    • Experience with x86 assembly

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Just to add I found this a good read last night and it details the The Past Present and Future of StarCraft franchise. Some great details in there about the franchise and its background, concepts and the thought process behind some characters in the game.