• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Borderlands 2 Character

Which Borderlands 2 character did you pick?

• Total voters

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
After some conversations in the Review Round-up Thread it got me curious as to which character/class did people opt to go for when first starting Borderlands 2 and why? I personally went for Axton because he seemed to have some good all round skills and is good with long/close range weapons and machine guns as well as having his trusty turret (which can be upgraded to fire nukes and eventually have 2 of) and ability to throw grenades when downed.

So who did everyone else go for and why?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK

GUNZERKER

I was surprised how short he was though. The other "brute", Brick, was friggin' huge and tall in Borderlands.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK

GUNZERKER

I was surprised how short he was though. The other "brute", Brick, was friggin' huge and tall in Borderlands.

I guess it makes it a little easier to actually hit enemies if you are on the same level as most. Would be a nightmare aiming at short enemies like the midgets if you were huge. Plus ive heard how inaccurate some weapons can be with him (mainly when dual wielding) so any help to actually hit what your aiming at would be welcomed im guessing.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
It is annoying not seeing what you're picking up because the some tables and whatnot are too tall.

I kid you not.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It is annoying not seeing what you're picking up because the some tables and whatnot are too tall.

I kid you not.

:lol: I thought he looked short in the previews and in pics but I wasnt aware he was THAT short. Im finding it hard to recognise some things im picking up that I CAN see so shouldnt be that big of a deal.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
"I used to be a Vault Hunter like you, but I took a bullet to the knee."

Actual in-game banter.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
"I used to be a Vault Hunter like you, but I took a bullet to the knee."

Actual in-game banter.

There are lots of nods to other games apparently though havent played it enough yet to come across many but I know theres an area dedicated to Minecraft too.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I might go pick it up tomorrow.. I was planning on going with the Commando, because I like the overall characters..

Question:

Can you customize the way they look/colour/gear?

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
The number of Easter eggs you can find in this game is incredible... There's that Minecraft one, and a Mario one.

So far, no one's chosen Zero. Too hard to play alone?

Can you customize the way they look/colour/gear?

Yep. Just before the game starts, you are given 2 minutes (if you're playing coop) to customize your character. (If playing solo, no timer appears.)

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Even moreso than in the original Borderlands.

You can even change their faces/hair in Borderlands 2.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
My Axton has got an epic man-beard.

He's one sexy son-of-a-bitch.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Man-beard?

I'd hate to see what a woman-beard looks like.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I thought so at first, but I found myself using Sniper Rifles a lot on my Gunzerker. Y'know, to thin the heard before I go in gunzerking. I'm thinking of making Zero my second character now because of how handy Sniper Rifles are.

I do play it on the PC, and I don't think I could snipe on the 360 though.

The number of Easter eggs you can find in this game is incredible... There's that Minecraft one, and a Mario one.

I've just delivered pizza to and killed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

How's that for an easter egg?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Sniping is cool and all, but the reason I liked Hunter the most in Borderlands was the gunslinger spec. And it seems revolvers have been destroyed in this game so.
Wanna be an utility player this time so went for Axton.

Azer249

Reaction score
Played for 27 hours so far and i'm at level 30 and have done every side quest that is possible. (well up to where i am)

View attachment 670

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm having a serious problem here: when Gunzerking the red "blood flames" effect doesn't cover my entire screen. There's lines of like one or two pixels at the edge of the screen where you see the normal gameplay view. Highly annoying because it creates a flickering.

Anyone else noticed this?

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I thought so at first, but I found myself using Sniper Rifles a lot on my Gunzerker.

The hard thing about Zero is that special move of his. You really have to time it just right to put your hologram down and go around the enemy and kick the crap out of him. Sometimes, there might be a second enemy around, so when you reappear, you're screwed. (Zero has a ridiculously low amount of health, so being close quarters most of the time takes a lot from you). Unless you stick to JUST sniping, which takes half the fun out of him... :p

Played for 27 hours so far and i'm at level 30 and have done every side quest that is possible. (well up to where i am)

View attachment 670

Goddammit. Still Level 25. Haven't had a chance to play it during the weekend... :/

I'm having a serious problem here: when Gunzerking the red "blood flames" effect doesn't cover my entire screen. There's lines of like one or two pixels at the edge of the screen where you see the normal gameplay view. Highly annoying because it creates a flickering.

I'm gonna load up a Gunzerker and check that out. Thats really weird.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I thought so at first, but I found myself using Sniper Rifles a lot on my Gunzerker. Y'know, to thin the heard before I go in gunzerking. I'm thinking of making Zero my second character now because of how handy Sniper Rifles are.

I do play it on the PC, and I don't think I could snipe on the 360 though.

Ive noticed ive been sniping a lot with Axton too and there are some really nice sniper rifles out there. Also really enjoying using my turret, just got to level up my skills with it a little yet as im only level 10 I think.

Azer249

Reaction score

Yep i get exactly the same problem. What kind of Res are you playing on?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score