• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul

Precipice

Reaction score
I watched Better Call Saul and I'm a big fan. Season ended, I never watched it's shared universe counterpart Breaking Bad, so I'm doing that. I'm just one episode in now. My takeaway is that I'm left wondering what my chem teacher is up to these days and if he's got some debt and free time.

Anyone else watched Better Call Saul or Breaking Bad?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Watched them both and love them both, I own about 3 breaking bad t-shirts too.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit I have watched neither. Someone told me recently that you can't trust someone who hasn't watched Breaking Bad. I'm sure with enough nagging I'll get to it eventually. ;)

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Watched all breaking bad, only saw the pilot of saul. Didn't think much of either. Took me ages to get into breaking bad and got bored in season 3. I'll try and finish saul sometime soon.

Though I nearly died of laughter when he threw the pizza.

Precipice

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit I have watched neither. Someone told me recently that you can't trust someone who hasn't watched Breaking Bad. I'm sure with enough nagging I'll get to it eventually. ;)
I've been cautious to recommend it for that reason. I'm scared that if they don't like it, they'll wonder why I recommended a show where an attorney defends necroskullbangers. That's not exactly a spoiler or even a plot point, just the first courtroom scene.

That might be a spoiler. Though I can't complain really, the show's pretty old. As long as you don't ruin the end for me.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've been cautious to recommend it for that reason. I'm scared that if they don't like it, they'll wonder why I recommended a show where an attorney defends necroskullbangers. That's not exactly a spoiler or even a plot point, just the first courtroom scene.

Could be worse. Like the family favourite A Serbian Film for example. Look it up if you haven't heard of it.

I just imagine the recommendation would go something like this:

"So, what's it about?"

"Uh... :ermm:"

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Could be worse. Like the family favourite A Serbian Film for example. Look it up if you haven't heard of it.

I just imagine the recommendation would go something like this:

"So, what's it about?"

"Uh... :ermm:"

You haven't actually watched that have you? Reading the synopsis alone made me feel sick.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
You haven't actually watched that have you? Reading the synopsis alone made me feel sick.

I did. The uncut version to be exact. It was honestly a horrible experience. One part affected me more so than others. In all seriousness, it's not a movie I'd recommend. Not unless you're able to blank the whole entire f*cking thing out.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I did. The uncut version to be exact. It was honestly a horrible experience. One part affected me more so than others. In all seriousness, it's not a movie I'd recommend. Not unless you're able to blank the whole entire f*cking thing out.

I was messed up enough from watching Teeth. I don't think I could get through that.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I was messed up enough from watching Teeth. I don't think I could get through that.

Aye, Teeth is a walk in the park compared to ASF. It was too much for me and I watch a **** ton of Asian horror, and that stuff can be pretty mental.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Aye, Teeth is a walk in the park compared to ASF. It was too much for me and I watch a **** ton of Asian horror, and that stuff can be pretty mental.

Teeth is a horror film for men, a comedy for women. Of course it was a walk in the park for you. :p

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I absolutely loved that show, seen all of Breaking Bad from start to finish, but I haven't seen anything on Better Call Saul yet. I'm hoping it'll be as good as BB. I was planning on waiting for it to hit Netflix since BB is already on there, but I'll see how it goes if it doesn't get there soon enough. Definitely one of my top favorite shows though, every character was written with such care and attention to detail and every time there was an edge-of-my-seat moment that left me wondering what would happen next, the conclusion would never disappoint. Everything made sense. If there's one thing I can appreciate, it's a show that doesn't try to insult your intelligence.

Knowing that it was completely improvised with only a single take makes it all the more awesome. :lol:

It's not much of a spoiler P, you'll be fine. It's just a random moment of silly, really.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
every character was written with such care and attention to detail and

Except the kid, goddamn every single one of his lines starts with, breakfast.

Knowing that it was completely improvised with only a single take makes it all the more awesome. :lol:

It's not much of a spoiler P, you'll be fine. It's just a random moment of silly, really.

The die hard fans of the show keep driving up to the house to do it aswell, the people that live there are super ****ed.

Last edited:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Except the kid, goddamn every single one of his lines starts with, breakfast.
B-b-b-b-breakfast? His breakfast-craze aside, I thought his actor was brilliant portraying him in that state to the point that I actually thought he was like that in reality.
Rumford said:
The die hard fans of the show keep driving up to the house to do it aswell, the people that live there are super ****ed.
Really? That's awesome, but terrible at the same time lol. Not sure if I would just leave it for posterity or accept the free pizzas if I was in that position. Also, relevant.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I've never watched Breaking Bad, and never ever plan to. I've neglected the pressure of social conditioning (at least, the social conditioning that tells me to watch Breaking Bad - not the kind that tells me to have rad hair) for so long that I feel I'd literally be betraying one of my few actual moral principles if I turned round and started to watch it.

Precipice

Reaction score
I absolutely loved that show, seen all of Breaking Bad from start to finish, but I haven't seen anything on Better Call Saul yet. I'm hoping it'll be as good as BB. I was planning on waiting for it to hit Netflix since BB is already on there, but I'll see how it goes if it doesn't get there soon enough.
I just finished episode 3 of Breaking Bad. So far it has a lot of the same vibe as Better Call Saul, I think you'll like it.

If there's one thing I can appreciate, it's a show that doesn't try to insult your intelligence.
I'm really hard to shop for, in terms of TV and this has a lot to do with it. What I'm liking with these shows is that I have no idea what's going to happen and I can't wait to find out. It sounds like a simple thing, but I don't feel that with a lot of stuff.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I absolutely loved that show, seen all of Breaking Bad from start to finish, but I haven't seen anything on Better Call Saul yet. I'm hoping it'll be as good as BB. I was planning on waiting for it to hit Netflix

Better Call Saul is ONLY on Netflix here & season 1 has been on there for a while, you dont have it there yet?

Precipice

Reaction score
Jesus H. I'm four episodes into the second season and it is hitting way too close to home. I cried over the troubles of a meth dealer. It's hard to watch. For those who want a recap:
Walt's wife is being a vindictive, rebellious bitch. His son is hanging out with this Lewis guy. He's trying to rebuild those relationships and they're disinterested.

Meanwhile Jessie's car and "fat stacks" are taken from him by the DEA. He's ordered to vacate his house, by his parents, and he tries to get Walt's help unsuccessfully before his phone is repossessed. His motorcycle is stolen. His "friends" won't put him up. He's homeless, ends up crying himself to sleep in the RV wearing a respirator because he smells like human waste because he fell through the roof of a port-a-potty while sneaking into the car lot where the RV is being stored, the owner of said car lot is holding the RV and meth lab contents hostage because Jessie can't pay, because Walt won't listen to Jessie long enough for him to explain what's going on. I wept.