• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Better Call Saul is ONLY on Netflix here & season 1 has been on there for a while, you dont have it there yet?
Aw come on, that's so unfair. Yeah we don't have it on Netflix over here and probably won't for awhile, I believe it's an AMC timed exclusive over here like TWD & BB were, still waiting for the 5th season of TWD to hit Netflix. I really wanna watch it now, but at the rate it's going I'll probably just end up waiting till I'm over in Scotland later this year. Though I do have to ask, does Better Call Saul have any BB spoilers in it, or can it be safely seen without ever having seen BB? (Just for Kath's sake)
Jesus H. I'm four episodes into the second season and it is hitting way too close to home. I cried over the troubles of a meth dealer. It's hard to watch. For those who want a recap:
Walt's wife is being a vindictive, rebellious bitch. His son is hanging out with this Lewis guy. He's trying to rebuild those relationships and they're disinterested.

Meanwhile Jessie's car and "fat stacks" are taken from him by the DEA. He's ordered to vacate his house, by his parents, and he tries to get Walt's help unsuccessfully before his phone is repossessed. His motorcycle is stolen. His "friends" won't put him up. He's homeless, ends up crying himself to sleep in the RV wearing a respirator because he smells like human waste because he fell through the roof of a port-a-potty while sneaking into the car lot where the RV is being stored, the owner of said car lot is holding the RV and meth lab contents hostage because Jessie can't pay, because Walt won't listen to Jessie long enough for him to explain what's going on. I wept.
Yeah the further you get along with it the more anxiety inducing it becomes, i was a bucket of rattling nails by the end of the show.

Of all the characters on the show, Skyler was the only one I could never connect with. There was just something about her each time and her spectacular resting bitchface never helped matters. There's definitely a number of moments where I've wanted to reach through the screen and shake some sense into the various characters, but then quickly remember they don't get to be omniscient like the viewer. It hurts.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Aw come on, that's so unfair. Yeah we don't have it on Netflix over here and probably won't for awhile, I believe it's an AMC timed exclusive over here like TWD & BB were, still waiting for the 5th season of TWD to hit Netflix. I really wanna watch it now, but at the rate it's going I'll probably just end up waiting till I'm over in Scotland later this year. Though I do have to ask, does Better Call Saul have any BB spoilers in it, or can it be safely seen without ever having seen BB? (Just for Kath's sake)

Yeah the further you get along with it the more anxiety inducing it becomes, i was a bucket of rattling nails by the end of the show.

Of all the characters on the show, Skyler was the only one I could never connect with. There was just something about her each time and her spectacular resting bitchface never helped matters. There's definitely a number of moments where I've wanted to reach through the screen and shake some sense into the various characters, but then quickly remember they don't get to be omniscient like the viewer. It hurts.

It has a handful of moments to do with Saul himself that happened in Breaking Bad in the opening and some flashbacks here and there but dont think its anything major (trying to remember them). Amy hated Skyler too and she almost stopped watching the show because she hated her so much but she loved the show in the end.

Precipice

Reaction score
Though I do have to ask, does Better Call Saul have any BB spoilers in it, or can it be safely seen without ever having seen BB? (Just for Kath's sake)
None that I can think of. Though I only just started on season 3. Better Call Saul precedes the Breaking Bad storyline by at least a few years.

Of all the characters on the show, Skyler was the only one I could never connect with. There was just something about her each time and her spectacular resting bitchface never helped matters.
I hate her. Not from some disconnect or anything like that, just
I have this insane kneejerk hate reflex to infidelity. When she came home and threw that down on the table like it was no big deal I felt sick.
Actually that's the part I just finished. Taking a break from my binge, might even have a healthy meal or go outside.

There's definitely a number of moments where I've wanted to reach through the screen and shake some sense into the various characters, but then quickly remember they don't get to be omniscient like the viewer. It hurts.
Countless.
Save Jane Walt! ****ing hell.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
None that I can think of. Though I only just started on season 3. Better Call Saul precedes the Breaking Bad storyline by at least a few years.

Just the opening scene to the season that happens after Breaking Bad if I remember correctly.

Precipice

Reaction score
Just the opening scene to the season that happens after Breaking Bad if I remember correctly.
Oh that's right. Question, that beginning scene, does that happen in the Breaking Bad story? Remembering that now, my imagination's going nuts thinking of any of the countless scenarios that could have led to that outcome.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh that's right. Question, that beginning scene, does that happen in the Breaking Bad story? Remembering that now, my imagination's going nuts thinking of any of the countless scenarios that could have led to that outcome.

I believe its AFTER Breaking Bad and thats the fallout of what happened at the very end.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It has a handful of moments to do with Saul himself that happened in Breaking Bad in the opening and some flashbacks here and there but dont think its anything major (trying to remember them). Amy hated Skyler too and she almost stopped watching the show because she hated her so much but she loved the show in the end.
Ah okay, I hope it's nothing too much then. I think watching that first would be better for her as well since it'll help give Saul that extra depth making you even more interested in him come Breaking Bad time. I know how Amy feels, I almost didn't want to continue a following episode because Skyler ****ed me off so much. It was maddening.
I hate her. Not from some disconnect or anything like that, just
I have this insane kneejerk hate reflex to infidelity. When she came home and threw that down on the table like it was no big deal I felt sick.
Actually that's the part I just finished. Taking a break from my binge, might even have a healthy meal or go outside.
Yeah, she's a straight up bitch most the time and it makes it even worse when half the time she never realizes it, but when she does she still doesn't even manage to care. Stone cold, and she has a fanbase too. Imagine that.
Precipice said:
Countless.
Save Jane Walt! ****ing hell.
Oh I hated that scene, it was one of those "**** happens" scenarios, but it was one that didn't have to happen. On the other hand...
it did bring that extra layer of polarization to Walt's character, he's responsible for her death. He killed her, he let her die knowing full well he could've easily saved her life. I remember when the scene first aired, there were so many people defending Walter for that situation, with some pretty decent arguments, but at the same time... she had a lot of info on him. Does that really warrant death? I don't know what I would've done in that situation, it was such a grey moral area. But I guess in Walt's case, what dumb luck!

Precipice

Reaction score
Finished. I can't tell if I lost twenty pounds from not eating or gained twenty pounds from just sitting here watching the show. Hopefully both and they cancelled out.

If I were to talk about, in general, how I feel about Breaking Bad, this post would stretch into tomorrow. I'll just say for the two or so of you who haven't watched it, please do so.

There was a concern over spoilers between shows, you're pretty safe. A lot of the things Saul references from his past in Breaking Bad is portrayed in Better Call Saul, small things which I think can be appreciated in either order but nothing earth shattering.
How he ended up where he ended up at the very start of Better Call Saul is apparent at the very end of Breaking Bad. By the way, amazing.
He was prophetic in spitballing that he could be a manager at a Cinnabon, though no saying if it's in Omaha as he had said.
Obviously the origin of his relationship to Mike is detailed in Better Call Saul.
Convincing a woman he was Kevin Costner. And from the right angle, I can see it.
No mention of any important plot elements of Breaking Bad in Better Call Saul or vice versa near as I can tell. They built an independent and stand-alone story for Better Call Saul that just plugs into Breaking Bad. And I think they did a great job of it.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Excellent, glad to hear you really enjoyed both of 'em and that the spoiler issue is a non-issue. Thanks to you though my interest has been greatly kickstarted again for the series and I really want to watch Better Call Saul now, but I have to wait until it's available for me. Sigh.

Glad that more of Mike gets explored in there, he was easily one of my more favorite characters in the show "Shut the **** up... and let me die in piece."

I just remembered that Jesse was supposed to originally be killed off earlier in the show for a reason I can't recall at the moment, but I'm so glad they didn't go through with that. It would've altered the show so much and not for the better in my opinion.

Good lord, never even noticed since it's been a case of "who the hell remembers Kevin Costner anymore" I cannot unsee the Kevin Costner in him now. Thank you for that.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Excellent, glad to hear you really enjoyed both of 'em and that the spoiler issue is a non-issue. Thanks to you though my interest has been greatly kickstarted again for the series and I really want to watch Better Call Saul now, but I have to wait until it's available for me. Sigh.

Just watch it when you come over here, yo. Gonna be plenty time for you to fill while I'm at work, or we can watch it together. :D