• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Brightwood Farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Brightwood Farm?

Yes, I'm a retard. So sue me.

anywho, I'm confused as hell - I had those optional quests concerning bandits and Giles's farm but I ignored them all and went to the Spire instead. I came back to Brightwood after completing the whole game only to find that the farm is deserted with hollowmen everywhere and there is no way of buying the property - well, shack - so I can't get that key to open the portcullis in the cellar.

I also have no dog...I read another thread about digging up a grave or something, and then someone else started saying about going upstairs in the farm to get the key (but it's a one room shack still)...and I'm a bit like "huh?"

Any help?

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
Re: Brightwood Farm?

basicly you cannot buy the farm you cannot get the legendary weapon either but your not missing out on much, the farm is kinda crappy and the gun is crap in comparison to the red dragon :D

W

Wolfie

You can still get it!
There should be a grave you can dig up behind the shack to get the key. Sorry I can't be more specific, I personally helped giles so I only have experience with that.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

^ yes but she said she doesnt have the dog so finding the key is gonna be hard, finding the gun will be almost impossible!

W

Wolfie

Oh yeah sorry I didn't see that. Isn't finding the gun still possible though? I read somewhere if you dig in exactly the right spot you can find it...but then again it probably isn't worth the time it would take to get it. There is a silver key in there though.

F

fable demon

if that what your going for try see if u can trade some one for it

L

Liathxx

the gun isn't that great, seriously i was really disappointed lol

F

Flippy146

Well, people say that you can still dig up without your dog, but my own experience that doesnt work. So i think you can only acces by trading the key or wep with a xbox live friend.
And going up the farm is only possible if you defended the farm from the bandits than in the future he will upgrade his farm into a larger farm.
Or you can just go start a new Hero and be good at that one =]

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Thanks for the replies guys - I just want the silver key for the Hoarder achievement - couldn't give a crap about weapons as my Master Cleaver is the business :D

Just don't relish the thought of having to start ALL OVER again when I have about 41 of the keys already...unless they are counted across all your profiles? Like you find thirty on one and twenty on another and you get the achievement that way so long as they are all different keys?

W

Wolfie

I would assume they all have to be on one profile. Assuming it is possible to get the key to the cellar from the grave without your dog then you should still be able to get the silver key. I would suggest digging allover the graves and seeing if you can find it.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

When I went to the grave, my dig icon appeared automatically, so I was able to get the silver key :D

But other than that, the dig thing didn't show up so I'm not bothering with the weapon...it's a pain really. If the dig icon can show up over a grave, why won't it show up when you don't have your dog and want to complete the Archaeologist quest? The trail takes me to the right place and I swear I've dug all over the area within the golden ring but nothing comes up...

F

fraserman

Angel;232593 said:
Yes, I'm a retard. So sue me.

anywho, I'm confused as hell - I had those optional quests concerning bandits and Giles's farm but I ignored them all and went to the Spire instead. I came back to Brightwood after completing the whole game only to find that the farm is deserted with hollowmen everywhere and there is no way of buying the property - well, shack - so I can't get that key to open the portcullis in the cellar.

I also have no dog...I read another thread about digging up a grave or something, and then someone else started saying about going upstairs in the farm to get the key (but it's a one room shack still)...and I'm a bit like "huh?"

Any help?
To get the enforcer you gotta dig with the spade on giles gravestone then stand on this platform which opens this room then you dig in front of the fire and abracadra you got the enforcer

Status
Not open for further replies.