• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Brightwood Tower Glitch? (Some Spoilers)

H

H.W.

Brightwood Tower Glitch? (Some Spoilers)

So I did the "Brightwood Tower" quest, you know, bought the tower, slept in the bed, played with Chesty, suddenly and mysteriously became young again and had all my scars healed (which kinda sucked 'cause my face scar looked awesome with my eye patch). As one would expect, the quest wrote itself off when I finished it.

Then, I beat the game. The quest suddenly came back, with its current objective being "Buy Brightwood Tower." I go to Brightwood, and as soon as I enter it, I get Garth's Note again, without even having to go to the tower at all. Of course, I'd already bought it, how could I buy it again?

Anyway, I climb to the top and sleep in the bed again. Once more, it transports me to Nightmare Hollow! It's exactly the same, Chesty's still there, and he still gives me the same note. I don't know if this means I can get a second Diamond of Sorrow because I haven't finished it yet. (Reloaded my last save because it took me forever to get that scar back without getting any others.)

So is this a glitch?

Another interesting potential glitch to note is that "The Stone of Myr'Bregothil" is still in my inventory, despite that I am one hundred percent sure I returned it to the Hollow Men.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Re: Brightwood Tower Glitch? (Some Spoilers)

i think you can do it any amount of times, i did it twice. I dont think it's a glitch.

H

H.W.

Ah, so it's basically an infinite fountain of youth and cash. Works for me.

The stone thing is a glitch, though, right? >.>

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

yeah i know wat you mean.
it's like the quests:
donate to the light
sculpter
crucible
westcliff shooting range
etc...................................................................................................................................
lol.

H

H.W.

The Crucible one is a big pain since I can't actually do the Crucible. Well, I can, but every time I do, I get a glitch when I finish it. I end up frozen on the front steps, can't do anything but move the camera. When I pause, I get the "Scene Paused" box, so I can't fast travel. All I can do is turn off the console and reload my last save.

Fortunately, I got The Chopper my first time through, so the only thing left to earn is experience and gold, which is everywhere. It's still a bit of a bummer, though.

S

Sapphire Phoeni

That happened to me, too. Was quite chuffed when I realised I had a spare diamond and trophy to sell :D

H

H.W.

Oh, that reminds me.

Do items like The Diamond of Sorrow and The Archon's Dream actually do anything, or do they just sit there and look pretty until you sell them or get the crazy idea to give them away as gifts?

S

Sapphire Phoeni

I was wondering that myself. I'm scared to sell 'em!

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

well it says on the description of the diamond of sorrow that it's worth over 10,000$:w00t:!
but when i went to sell it it said that it cuold only be sold for 6,500$:(.
it may had have something to do with my economy at that peticular time in the game.

7hir7een

That happened to me as well. I was wondering what was going on lol

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

looks like they're just sitting pretty

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

this economy thing is REALLY driving my head into the wall(gets so angry and frustrated and actually does it!)ow,ow,ow.
i know how to get a good economy and a bad economy but it's not really raising the bar any bit higher for my items prices.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i think it's a glitch. i did nightmare hollow and now whenever i return chesty is gone and i'm a full adult. there are still some creatures to kill but thats it..:/

Twilight

Reaction score

fable freak 37;266913 said:
this economy thing is REALLY driving my head into the wall(gets so angry and frustrated and actually does it!)ow,ow,ow.
i know how to get a good economy and a bad economy but it's not really raising the bar any bit higher for my items prices.

The clearly you don't know how to get a good economy.

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

i actually do know how to get a good economy:
lower the cost of all your houses to -100% and the properties to -60%.
my friend told me how to do that and i gave him rep and a thank u because his advice lead to the birth of my halo in fable 2.(choir sings alleluia).

Digital 0sm0sis

Reaction score

H.W.;266895 said:
The Crucible one is a big pain since I can't actually do the Crucible. Well, I can, but every time I do, I get a glitch when I finish it. I end up frozen on the front steps, can't do anything but move the camera. When I pause, I get the "Scene Paused" box, so I can't fast travel. All I can do is turn off the console and reload my last save.

Fortunately, I got The Chopper my first time through, so the only thing left to earn is experience and gold, which is everywhere. It's still a bit of a bummer, though.

Thats the reason why your game freezes upon completion of the crucible (you already have the chopper) trade it/sell it just get rid of it and when you complete the crucible again you get to open the chest instead of being teleported outside and consequently being stuck.... it wont happen anymore after that though so keep the one you get the 2nd time.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

fable freak 37;266905 said:
well it says on the description of the diamond of sorrow that it's worth over 10,000$:w00t:!
it may had have something to do with my economy at that peticular time in the game.
If you had sold it at Fair Fax Gardens, you would have gotten a little more than the stone is worth.^_^

Twilight

Reaction score

moonfever;267211 said:
If you had sold it at Fair Fax Gardens, you would have gotten a little more than the stone is worth.^_^

I sole mine for 106k

L

Lunamoon

H.W.;266887 said:
So I did the "Brightwood Tower" quest, you know, bought the tower, slept in the bed, played with Chesty, suddenly and mysteriously became young again and had all my scars healed (which kinda sucked 'cause my face scar looked awesome with my eye patch). As one would expect, the quest wrote itself off when I finished it.

Then, I beat the game. The quest suddenly came back, with its current objective being "Buy Brightwood Tower." I go to Brightwood, and as soon as I enter it, I get Garth's Note again, without even having to go to the tower at all. Of course, I'd already bought it, how could I buy it again?

Anyway, I climb to the top and sleep in the bed again. Once more, it transports me to Nightmare Hollow! It's exactly the same, Chesty's still there, and he still gives me the same note. I don't know if this means I can get a second Diamond of Sorrow because I haven't finished it yet. (Reloaded my last save because it took me forever to get that scar back without getting any others.)

So is this a glitch?

Another interesting potential glitch to note is that "The Stone of Myr'Bregothil" is still in my inventory, despite that I am one hundred percent sure I returned it to the Hollow Men.

Chesty ^_^

I still have The stone of Myr'bregothil to o_O

D

DragonMaster91

H.W.;266887 said:

So is this a glitch?

This happens. Happened to me. Thought it was good. ;)
fable freak 37;266892 said:
yeah i know wat you mean.
it's like the quests:
donate to the light
sculpter
crucible
westcliff shooting range
etc...................................................................................................................................
lol.
No it is not..................................................................................................................................

H.W.;266895 said:

Button mash till the menu comes up, go to your spade, use it.

fable freak 37;266905 said:
The $ goes before the #. Like this:
$65,000
Not this:
65,000$
fable freak 37;266913 said:
We can tell you are not crazy if you space your comma's and do this: *Gets really angry and frustrated and does drive their head in a wall*
fable freak 37;267149 said:
i actually do know how to get a good economy:
lower the cost of all your houses to -100% and the properties to -60%.
my friend told me how to do that and i gave him rep and a thank u because his advice lead to the birth of my halo in fable 2.(choir sings alleluia).
Duh... it is not u, it is you.
Digital 0sm0sis;267171 said:
Thats the reason why your game freezes upon completion of the crucible (you already have the chopper) trade it/sell it just get rid of it and when you complete the crucible again you get to open the chest instead of being teleported outside and consequently being stuck.... it wont happen anymore after that though so keep the one you get the 2nd time.
yup, just button mash till the menu comes up, and use the spade.