• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bugs, glitches and all things broken.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
For a while now I've noticed a couple issues with the site, and due to the lack of a feedback forum I decided to make a thread here so we can discuss the issues I've come across and any you guys may have noticed yourselves.

• Broken smilies.
ja58gfP.png

This had been an issue for a while and I would really like to know if it's something that will at some point be fixed.
  • Transparency issues.
bPKHxDe.png
Perhaps more of an aesthetic issue but it really makes the site look a bit broken imo.
  • Edit limits.
A minor issue really, though I would like to see it extended slightly.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah I mentioned the smilies to Steve yesterday and they seemed fine on my phone after he said he had looked into it but checked on Firefox at work this morning and they are still broken. The transparency issue I too had noticed and would be something for @Steve Powell to look into, edit limit can be changed easily and I can do that. What would you like it to be?

I have text Steve to look into it and take a look at this thread.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware the edit/delete limit for non-gold members is around 10 minutes. I really think it should be around 30-60 minutes atleast, and Gold Members should be unlimited.

Thanks Andy, appreciate it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware the edit/delete limit for non-gold members is around 10 minutes. I really think it should be around 30-60 minutes atleast, and Gold Members should be unlimited.

Thanks Andy, appreciate it.

Will look into it for you.

EDIT*
According to the CP the edit limit for registered users was 60 mins already, maybe something went wrong with it. I have changed it and tried reconfirming it to see if that rectifies it. Gold members has been changed to Unlimited accordingly.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Huh. I just checked the Gold Member page and it even said there that it was 10 for standard accounts and 60 for premium. Maybe there was a mistake there, but it's never felt like 60 minutes for me. Perhaps time just moves extra fast for me. I'll see how it goes for now, and if it's still still an issue we can possibly see about doubling the extension maybe.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Huh. I just checked the Gold Member page and it even said there that it was 10 for standard accounts and 60 for premium. Maybe there was a mistake there, but it's never felt like 60 minutes for me. Perhaps time just moves extra fast for me. I'll see how it goes for now, and if it's still still an issue we can possibly see about doubling the extension maybe.

Might just have been the description that hadnt been updated for a while, I have set it as 60 mins for regular members and Unlimited for Gold Members at moment so see how that goes.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Just checked one of my other posts, the one where I had to double post due to the edit restriction. The time stamp from the first was 10:33pm and the second was 11:23pm. Only a 50 minute difference.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Just checked one of my other posts, the one where I had to double post due to the edit restriction. The time stamp from the first was 10:33pm and the second was 11:23pm. Only a 50 minute difference.

Well let me know if the update has changed anything as the limit was actually originally set at like 8000+ mins and maybe that effected it as it didnt recognize a number that large. I have changed that number to 60 mins so see if that worked.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well let me know if the update has changed anything as the limit was actually originally set at like 8000+ mins and maybe that effected it as it didnt recognize a number that large. I have changed that number to 60 mins so see if that worked.

I'll keep an eye on it. It's really only an issue when all I want to do if go back and edit something in, and instead I'm forced to double-post. I hate clutter. As for typo-editing, I usually do that pronto.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Hey-o!

1. They're working fine for me...

R9nIfvq.png

...but I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is. I'll get on top of this this evening with a bit of luck.

2. Fixed! Yay!

3. Editing time periods have been extended to two months! Yipee!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Huh, just checked on my laptop and they don't seem to be working still for me. I think the issue may a Firefox-only one and I opened up the forums on IE and the smilies worked fine. Another thing I noticed was the flashing sign-up buttom. It doesn't flash on Firefox. I tried disabling all my Firefox add-ons but to no avail. I'll download Google Chrome to see if it's the same there.

I noticed you fixed the transparency issues though - so thanks for that! Works perfectly on my end.

EDIT: Just checked over on Google Chrome, and everything seems to be in full working order. So it's looking like it's a Firefox-only issue.

Last edited:

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Working a lot better now Steve, thanks! Still a little iffy when viewing some posts(still get some broken images) but seem to work fine mostly. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Was checking out my list of people I stalk and I noticed this wee issue.

5rwsI65.png

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I don't see the issue, to me it looks like Steve maximized efficiency by allowing you to view two pages of the website at once; you should be thanking him. Ingrate!!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I don't see the issue, to me it looks like Steve maximized efficiency by allowing you to view two pages of the website at once; you should be thanking him. Ingrate!!

I just don't think the forum is ready for such forward innovation. Some people are still sore over the move from vBulletin to XenForo. :troll:

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Steve-o, Steve-o! Wherefore are thou Steve-o? :'(

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
He dead.