• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Building a Fable 3 Mods Database

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
Re: Building a Fable 3 Mods Database

Your all jumping the gun. You need coders. Not modders. Modders can't do anything without tools.

Anyways, I went back and took a closer look at the Fable 2 stuff. I put together a LUA script decompiler, worked out how to re-encode the xma audio, and when I get more time I'll look closer at the compression they've been using. It makes it hard because it looks like the textures are also swizzled.

I'll also take a look at writing something to edit their global database files.

We know already what versions and addons Fable 3 is using for LUA. So it shouldn't be a big issue to write a decompiler for that too.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Keshire;408605 said:
Your all jumping the gun. You need coders. Not modders. Modders can't do anything without tools.

Anyways, I went back and took a closer look at the Fable 2 stuff. I put together a LUA script decompiler, worked out how to re-encode the xma audio, and when I get more time I'll look closer at the compression they've been using. It makes it hard because it looks like the textures are also swizzled.

I'll also take a look at writing something to edit their global database files.

We know already what versions and addons Fable 3 is using for LUA. So it shouldn't be a big issue to write a decompiler for that too.

Good to see you around again, been much to long. ^_^

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;408652 said:
Good to see you around again, been much to long. ^_^

I'll probably be pretty rare since this site is blocked by my workplace. Which is when I do most of my browsing. But I'll certainly be around.

If anyone is interested, you should be able to modify the assets in the free DLC for fable 2 using only a flash drive. No chipped console necessary.