• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can everyone be killed?

K

Killstuff

Can everyone be killed?

Although needed for storyline progression Fable I had the impossible to kill people area called bowerstone. They also had the impossible to kill characters (unless storyline allows) such as Thunder, The Chief and The Guildmaster. With the lack of cutscenes I ponder on the idea that everyone can be killed. If this is true than you can most definitly make your own storyline. Kill a quest giver and you may just stumble into the problem or the problem may accelerate. Just thinking again...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Can everyone be killed?

I still say they wouldnt allow essential NPC's to die and the story framework would be built around them so i highly doubt you could kill 'everyone' i think they might have a certain area in the game where weapons still cannot be used but hard to say at this stage.

J

Jester.

they could pull an oblivion..guild master in unconsisuos (like my spelling?)

T

the red soldier

As long as I can slaughter intire villagesthen I'm happy.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;77039 said:
I still say they wouldnt allow essential NPC's to die and the story framework would be built around them so i highly doubt you could kill 'everyone' i think they might have a certain area in the game where weapons still cannot be used but hard to say at this stage.

Maybe they could give you different ways of getting along with the storyline. Perhaps you find the quest giver's journal on his body and thusly gets the quest.

B

blue crow

Tsuyu;77326 said:
Maybe they could give you different ways of getting along with the storyline. Perhaps you find the quest giver's journal on his body and thusly gets the quest.

+ rep I think killing anyone i want without worrying about some dumb quest is a good idea.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Or maybe they could make the NPC just really hard to kill. That would give you the satisfaction of offing them once you were ultra powerful.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;77334 said:
Or maybe they could make the NPC just really hard to kill. That would give you the satisfaction of offing them once you were ultra powerful.

Of course! It is not like you could just go

"Hmmm...I want to do that quest.."
*Lobs the head off the Guildmaster with one single punch, getting his journal in the process*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Interesting ideas coming out but im sure most developers would class them as 'To Much Work' even though it would be great to have these kind of choices and freedom.

D

Darg

Well, I hope they don't go all Morrowind and make it to when you kill someone important it lets you but you have to reload it. With the promise of more freedom of choice, shouldn't that allow you to really have control over what you want to do? If you really want to be an evil SOB and kill someone because they look at you funny, then you should be able to.

J

Jester.

morrowind..good times...good times...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Where Fable did fail was that eventhough you can be good or evil, there were not two paths to follow the main story - no matter what you wanted to do, you had to do what the Guildmaster told you.

But what if you wanted to kill everyone in the Guild? Sure, you should be able to do that, granted that you are able to defeat both Maze, The Guildmaster AND all the other members of the Guild when just starting out. Somehow what you find when looting the place should get you on the right track of finding out who was behind the attack on Oakvale yada-yada...

F

FableFreak

Tsuyu;77428 said:
Where Fable did fail was that eventhough you can be good or evil, there were not two paths to follow the main story - no matter what you wanted to do, you had to do what the Guildmaster told you.

But I believe that is why you were constantly reffered to as a "Guild Puppet". In the end you didn't decide your fate, it was influenced by the Guildmaster and others...

J

Jester.

Jack sounded like kermit the frog with his balls being stecthed out...lol I rember reloading quest just to hear him talk...ah his best line was "Guild master soon your health will be low, very low."

N

Nagneto

the red soldier;77321 said:
As long as I can slaughter intire villagesthen I'm happy.

me too. Id also like to be able to destroy the enviroment, (burn down buildings, smash trees etc)