• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

cannot connect to check date of game

shaun clemens

Reaction score
hi

just bought this game , installed all ok, now go to launch the game and it ask's you to press the button so it can check the date of the game online, now im getting a message saying it cant check the date and i cannot launch the game at all

please help anyone with some advice
many thanks shaun

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Did you try pressing "Enter" on the keyboard when it asks to check the date? There was a thread on this over at the official Lionhead forums that offered a solution to the problem, but since Lionhead shut down their forums and technical support that solution is now lost. If the above fails you can try contacting Microsoft here, but hopefully it works.

shaun clemens

Reaction score
hi there

yeh tried the pressing of enter still wont work, ive even been into my router settings and changed some settings like other fable 3 users have, to no avial i still cant get the game to run, it wont go past the screen where it says about game for windows live , needs to check the date of the game, never ever had this sort of problem before, really want to play this game to, but at the point now where i feel like ditching the game and not bothering
anymore help would be appreciated thou .

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Can you print screen the issue and post the image here?

shaun clemens

Reaction score
View attachment 569 View attachment 569 hi there
this is the screen im getting, everytime i try and start the game, hitting enter makes no difference, checked and changed router settings too. this has been bugging me for days now and cant rest until i can get it workin or at least tried everything

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
hi there
this is the screen im getting, everytime i try and start the game, hitting enter makes no difference, checked and changed router settings too. this has been bugging me for days now and cant rest until i can get it workin or at least tried everything
You took a desktop picture from your cellphone?
7gxe3tf

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Have you tried reinstalling Games For Windows Live?

To remove and reinstall the Games for Windows - LIVE software, follow these steps:
  1. Close all browser windows and programs that are currently connected to the internet except the Games for Windows - LIVE software.
  2. In the Games for Windows - LIVE software, click Downloads. Cancel all downloads, and then close the program. If the download is listed as installed, remove it by clicking Uninstall.
  3. Remove the Games for Windows - LIVE software. To do this, use the Add or Remove Programs item or the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
  4. Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then run the Disk Defragmenter tool. To locate these tools, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then point to System Tools.
  5. Install the Games for Windows - LIVE software.
Also do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 installed?