• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can't get the free Downloadable Content in the Sanctuary

valkyriefire09

Reaction score
I bought Fable 3 for the PC and recently started playing it. I went to the sanctuary and found this room where Jasper is selling online content and it allows you to connect with other online players. Behind Jasper is this wall with free downloadable content. When I press Confirm Download, it tells me that an error occurred with the Games for Windows-LIVE content. Then it gives me an option to Troubleshoot, More Information, or Ignore. When I hit Troubleshoot, it minimizes the game and then tells me that Games for windows live has stopped working and then the window closes. So it basically does nothing to help me. When I press More Information, it brings me to a winows live web page with completely useless information that has nothing to do with my problem. When I tried to contact microsoft about this, their page wouldn't provide me with an email address. And when I tried to talk to an Ambassador, no one was on to help me. Please help!!!

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
The Games For Windows Marketplace is downright terrible. I'm afraid you might not be able to get the free stuff, because the mods on Windows Live don't support Fable III anymore. But don't take my word for it. It might suddenly work tomorrow, or something. *shrugs*

valkyriefire09

Reaction score
Do you have any issues connecting to Xbox LIVE and the other services within it?
Well, my game is on the PC so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. But it logs me into windows live when I start up the game. I started seeing errors with LIVE though when I tried restarting my game. When I tried again to get the free content, it would come up with an error message that windows LIVE has stopped working. I don't know what would cause this or how to fix it :/

The Games For Windows Marketplace is downright terrible. I'm afraid you might not be able to get the free stuff, because the mods on Windows Live don't support Fable III anymore. But don't take my word for it. It might suddenly work tomorrow, or something. *shrugs*
Well that explains a lot. Microsoft doesn't seem to want to provide any support for a game they no longer make money off of. Big surprise. This is exactly why I hate microsoft