• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can't save game in Fable 2 and in Fable 3 - xbox

darekg11

Reaction score
Hi, as title says - I wanted to play again Fable 2 and Fable 3 on my xbox.
I deleted previous game saves from both games and when I saved game in Fable 2 it couldn't load (error massage stated that my memory unit may not have enogh space - it has over 100mb of free space) so I decided to try playing Fable 3 and excatly the same thing happend.

Any of You guys experienced something like this?

And I don't have any prolem with saving other games and when I was playing Fable 2 and 3 first time it worked without problem so I really have no idea what is going on.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Try removing your memory unit then reinserting in again, that might fix it. Otherwise, make sure the game is selecting the correct storage device when starting both games.

Do the games save during auto-saves?

darekg11

Reaction score
I already tried that and it didn't fix it.
I'm sure I'm choosing right device to save on and to load from.

Yes, game does autosave but it doesn't change anything.

This is the first time I'm experiencing problem like that.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Are you able to use your internal memory instead? Or do you have a hard drive?

If you're using a third-party memory unit, Microsoft released an update some time ago inhibiting their use. So only official Xbox 360 memory units work.

darekg11

Reaction score
I'm using official memory unit, NOT formatted usb pendrive or anything like that.

Yes I do have internal hard drive and I will try it today - thanks for suggestion, I will post later with results.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of more help, it's not a very common problem. I even looked around elsewhere and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem. Hopefully you'll be able to use your internal storage instead and can enjoy your games. :)

darekg11

Reaction score
Unfortunately it did not work, game welcomes me with message that my save game is corrupted.

Well I don't know what more I can do, thanks for trying and replies because at official lionhead forum I did not get any answers.

I guess I will just play something else, thanks anyway.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
All I can really suggest now is that you begin a new game and save it to your internal storage. I'm sorry this is happening, I hope you can enjoy your games again soon.

darekg11

Reaction score
No no, You must misunderstood me.

I started NEW game on internal hard drive and just as I re-lanuched game to see if I can load it I got error message about corrupted save.

This is first time I'm experiencing problem like this during my whole xbox gaming journey which is 2 years already and I guess I jsut have to pass this time.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry. Was this in Fable 3? This usually happens when you remove DLC. Though it can happen for no apparent reason too, I've noticed.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Only fix I have came across is the following:

• Delete the System Cache.
  • Then copy save from External drive to Xbox memory. (skip if not using external)
  • Delete the original save file (External Drive). (Skip if not using External)
  • Copy it from the Xbox Memory To the Cloud and delete the one in the Xbox memory.
  • Move it back to external drive (Xbox Memory if not using cloud).
  • Then delete the save file from the cloud memory.
  • Start the game up & select to load saved game.
I would recommend saving backups on a USB in future.