• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Captain Dreads Treasure Guide.

S

Sogen

Captain Dreads Treasure Guide.

1) As you arrive, go immediately to the broken ship furthest from you, go inside it and you will find chest number 1.

2) Walk around the ship and you will see a little inlet of water leading to the back part of the ship. Swim straight out in the ocean and turn around, you will see chest 2.

3) Run up hill and on your left you will see choppable bushes. Go through them and leap down to get chest 3 on top of the boat portion.

4) Run back up and past where the bushes were. You will see a bunch of waterfalls falling around a small island with a tree on it. DO NOT DIVE YET. Jump down to the left and you get chest 4.

5) From here dive down. Swim to the island and let you dog search out treasure 5

6) In the water here there is a dive spot, this is treasure 6

7) Behind the tree is chest number 7

8) From chest seven turn around. There is a waterfall falling on some rocks.. swim behind it to find chest 8.

GARGOYLE- there is a gargoyle taunting you as you go up the hill leaving the waterfall area. Go just past the waterfall beside the path leading up and turn around, he is on the left of the waterfall area taunting you.

SILVER KEY- before you reach the little cave area, there is a place where you can jump off to get a Silver Key

9) Go back up and into the cave. Before you get to the end there are wooden slats on the left you can break down for chest 9.

10) jump down from the cave area back towards the boat. The final chest is right there.

This is not mine. I found it on the interwebs and posted it.

Keaton

Apple Junkie
Reaction score
Re: Captain Dreads Treasure Guide.

+rep, nice detailed guide you found ^__^

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I love you. I really do.

S

Sogen

Thank you and your welcome

Watson

Reaction score

I could have used this when I did the quest, I walked straight past the chest that was on the decking thinking there was nothing there while I had no idea you could dive until I saw the whirlpool and swam towards it... Would have saved about half an hour of my life. :p Aha, it was fun until the last two but.

G

gumgangsta12

thanks a lot for the guide took me forever to find a treasure chest for my friends

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I finally found the last chest - and thanks to that, I got the renown achievement :D :D

R

RoC-eX

I also created a similar guide to this quest in another thread, for when you do not have your dog. It is not as important now, but I will just add it here none the less.

--------

Here is the 10 locations when you DO NOT have your dog. (In order you should come to them).

1. Inside the belly of the Sunken Ship on the Beach

2. The Ocean Alcove far out into the ocean. Just go to the main path, the one that leads to the center of the island, and instead of following the trail left, follow the rock wall right out into the ocean, you will find the chest.

3. On top of the sunken ship's deck. Start following the path that leads to the center of the island. Before you actually reach the center, there is a small path that leads left. You have to vault down off of the ledge and onto the ship to get the chest.

4. When coming to the end of the trail that leads to the center of the island, vault off of the ledge to the left and there is a chest there.

5. There is a chest in front of the tree in the center of the island.

6. There is a chest behind the tree in the center of the island.

7. If you stand at the chest in front of the tree and turn right, there is a Dive Spot in the pond (Ripples) containing treasure.

8. Behind the center waterfall there is a chest.

9. Take the patch that leaves the center of the island and inside the cave at the top, there is a chest hidden behind a wooden wall.

10. After getting the chest in the cave, continue to follow the trail away from the center of the island and there is the final chest, on a ledge that you must vault to.

Pretty much, the "Dig Spot" treasure just turns into a chest if you do not have your dog. So there would actually be 2 chests in the little island (In front of the tree and behind it).

I REPEAT. If you DO NOT have your dog, there is NO dig spot for this quest, instead it is replaced by a chest.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: I have added a picture of the chest that replaces the dog spot, in case any were in doubt. You can clearly see the shovel, and the chest. (Sorry about quality).

1025081712.jpg

K

Kateyfahy

That really helped i couldn't find the one inside the belly of the ship lol.
:|

J

Jack Scythe

Thanks a lot man. You are a legend.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I have some maps I'm ganna scan up. And the Lionhead island is one of them. So look out for maps. :D

F

FableGamer123

ANYONE! I need some MAJOR help. I'm stuck at chest three on Sogen's list at the top. When I first arrived I chopped the bushes but didn't know there was a chest on the ship. I returned to the spot, and now it won't let me enter the area to where I need to vault. Help me?!? I don't know what I'm supposed to do!!!

N

nj484848

that was so easy, i did that got all 10 chests in like 10 minutes the last one i found was in the cave, break through the wooden door and walahh! :p simplicty.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Many thanks to you. I find that it's always more difficult to locate all the treasure on my second go-around. I found them all quite easily the first time.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I now remember where all the treasure is. Quite sad, really.

H

HobbeSlayerVic

promote
http://www.projectego.net/images/b
promote
http://www.projectego.net/images/banners/banner-05.gif[/img][/url]
anners/banner-05.gif[/img][/url]

promote

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

HobbeSlayerVic said:
promote
http://www.projectego.net/images/b
promote
anners/banner-05.gif[/img][/url]

promote
Er...what?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

It took me forever to find them by myself.