• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Changing Amount of Experience Dropped?

Swanny224

Reaction score
I asked his in the "Questions Answered" thread but it seems that it has disappeared. Is there a way to make an enemy drop an ungodly amount of experience when you kill them? Now that I think about it, is there a way to make an enemy drop a certain item?

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
Wow. It does appear to have disappeared. Quite unfortunate considering the time I put into writing a reply. Oh well.

First you need a tool that edits Fable files. I highly recommend Shadownet. It's exactly like FableExplorer because it is FableExplorer, it just works better.

And I have a better way for getting stupid huge amounts of experience. It's easier and cleaner.
In ShadowNet, scroll down to OBJECT. Click the plus sign next to it, scroll down to 4292 - OBJECT_HEALTH_POTION and double click that.
In the left pane of the window that opens, click the plus sign and then click CDefs. You'll see a lot of links to other entries that change the way the potion is used.
Find the one called CBonusItemDef (third one) and click the first blue link in it. The second link just opens up another of the same window.
The CBonusItemDef is completely mapped - that means everything it does is clearly labeled. You can make it give you as much health, mana, fat, experience, morality, agreeableness, attractiveness, and scariness it adds to your character. It can even be made to give you negative morality (for evil), agreeableness, attractiveness, and scariness. Other things you can do are make it an alcoholic drink with an extremely potent alcohol effect. Or make you temporarily attack faster. Or increase your max health and max mana to their maximum.

When you're done making changes to the health potion, click apply changes, Actions|Save Mods and Run Fable.
In game, drink a potion, become superman, crush the skulls of your enemies, have fun.

Should you run into any problems whatsoever, consult this post.

Swanny224

Reaction score
Shadownet huh? Will it be easy to take everything I did in FableExplorer and transfer it over? I quite like the weapons and such I made there. And thanks for writing that twice, I appreciate it.

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
Shadownet is FableExplorer. Mods you've installed or edits you've made to your game with FableExplorer will still be there no matter what tool you use or even if you don't use one at all as the edits are in the game files. No need to worry about any troubles concerning that. ;)