• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Checking in

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
Checking in

I'm Keshire, known also as BlueTooth.

I started FableTLCmod.com, as well as the previous fable.lanpirates.net site for the xbox version.

So I've been poking at the files since the first game came out a few years ago.
I pretty much wrote most of the documentation and wrote most of the file specifications used for modding. I'm still kinda working on the stuff as the mood strikes me. And I gladly answer questions that haven't been asked 900 times. ;)

I know how fable runs both inside and out.

I'm primarily an animator. But I do the file cracking as a hobby. And dabble in just about every other aspect of development.

I help with a Star Wars mod (Movie Battles - Home), as well as work on a Half Life 2 mod that is still in alpha/planning stages.

Currently I'm working on finally figuring out the dynamic meshes used for hair and some cloth in fable. :)

[/long winded intro]

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Checking in

I don't know why, but I could tell you were BlueTooth. Hi! Welcome to the Forums! ^_^

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well well well - it's really nice to have you here...two modding experts in one day? Can only be described as a very good thing indeed.

Enjoy, have fun and once again, it is very nice to have you with us :D

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Welcome again :D
How do you go about cracking the game files?
Love your work on FableModTLC.com. I've referenced it more than once in my posts here.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Well nice to have such a highly regarded member of the Fable community here, you do some fine work i must say and will be a pleasure to have you here :D

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Yes, you work has been much appriciated. Forever and ever and ever. rep+ :p

Getting started on the Hair and Clothing huh?

Anyway welcome. and we thank you for your Cracking skillz.

Edit; ooh crazy VIP skillz. heehee

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Just thought I'd let you know that you have been promoted, if you like, to a VIP member (which basically means you get to be purple - not terribly exciting, but hey, it's purple!).

We don't hand out this status to just anyone, as it is reserved other Fable website owners (or celebrities, if you like) who have an established community/site.

Anyway, enough babbling from me - enjoy being purple! :D

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;66203 said:
Just thought I'd let you know that you have been promoted, if you like, to a VIP member (which basically means you get to be purple - not terribly exciting, but hey, it's purple!).

We don't hand out this status to just anyone, as it is reserved other Fable website owners (or celebrities, if you like) who have an established community/site.

Anyway, enough babbling from me - enjoy being purple! :D

:lol: Purples my favorite colour. Lucky. Heehee.
no special powers come with being a vIp?:unsure:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Nah...just the joy of turning purple. Quite dull, really...oh, and you get your name on the Forum Team list like the gold supporters, staff and RSS Feeds...

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Welcome to the Fable 2 community forums, Keshire! I think I speak for everyone when I say we truly appreciate your work with regards to Fable: The Lost Chapters mods. Glad to have you aboard. :)

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

I primarily stopped in because I don't normally see people attempting to actually mod. Most just wait for others to do the work for them.

As for file cracking. It requires a hex editor, an understanding of file structures and what to look for. XeNTaX is a good place to start. It deals primarily with archives.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Hey Steve, did you know I am the administrator of...uh... A really important fable website yeah..:ninja::(:ninja:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Keshire;66339 said:
I primarily stopped in because I don't normally see people attempting to actually mod. Most just wait for others to do the work for them.

As for file cracking. It requires a hex editor, an understanding of file structures and what to look for. XeNTaX is a good place to start. It deals primarily with archives.

Well good to have you here to give the people that are having a go at modding some more advice and pointers.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Keshire;66339 said:

What am I supposed to find at XeNTaX ?

OldBoy

Reaction score

Albion Knight;66392 said:
What am I supposed to find at XeNTaX ?

Experts on file formats/archives used in games.

They discuss them and try to figure out how to extract from- and add to the archives game decelopers create to make their games smaller (meaning less space on your hard drive), and harder to crack or mod.

This is where almost all serious modding starts, without these guys/girls modding wouldn't be possible. :neo:

By the looks of it, if you want to crack an archive or file format for a game, this is THE place to start.

Don't know much about it myself, only that the developers of Fable gave Keshire, Silver and Hunter a very hard time. :geek:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

It's all over my head, but it is great to see so many modders here and helping out...:)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

OldBoy;66504 said:
Experts on file formats/archives used in games.

They discuss them and try to figure out how to extract from- and add to the archives game decelopers create to make their games smaller (meaning less space on your hard drive), and harder to crack or mod.

This is where almost all serious modding starts, without these guys/girls modding wouldn't be possible. :neo:

By the looks of it, if you want to crack an archive or file format for a game, this is THE place to start.

Don't know much about it myself, only that the developers of Fable gave Keshire, Silver and Hunter a very hard time. :geek:

OK thanks

Angel;66511 said:
It's all over my head, but it is great to see so many modders here and helping out...:)
It not over my head but probably over my patience/interest level

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ahh...I wouldn't ever had thought we'd get someone like "you" on this forum the day that I created the "Fable TLC Mods"-thread, hehe.

A most fortunate turn of events - welcome!