• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Comic Tournament Discussion Thread.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Comic Tournament Discussion Thread.

This Thread has been created so that it is easier to discuss the Comic Tournament which is currently taking place in the Barrow Fields Art Gallery section of the Forums.

You can discuss your Favourite Comics, Favourite Characters, Predictions and just general comics here - so feel free! ^_^

It is currently Round 1 fof the Tournament, and the following battles are taking place right now:
Round 1

• Archon's Rage Vs. droded [Archon'sRage Disqualified]
  • SaintHermit Vs. Keelee.Hamomin [Keelee.Hamomin Disqualified]
  • SilverHRZN Vs. William1193[SilverHRZN Disqualified]
  • RSN Vs. Xeon [Both go through due to compliactions]
  • Walker Vs. Trawgdor [Trawgdor Wins 4-11, Walker goes through as well]
  • Jason Vs. ScareCrowReturn [ScareCrowReturn Disqualified]
  • Jakuro Vs. Warpedhero [Both Disqualified]

Round 2

• The White Knight Vs. Xeon [Xeon Wins]
  • SaintHermit Vs. droded [droded Wins]
  • William1193 Vs. Walker [Walker Wins 6-7, Close battle, Unlucky William.]
  • RSN Vs. Trawgdor [Trawgdor Disqualified]

Semi-Finals
  • RSN Vs. droded
  • Walker Vs. Xeon
The battles can be viewed in this section of the Forum:
http://forums.projectego.net/f13/

If you are interested in the concept of the Tournament itself, follow this link:
http://forums.projectego.net/comic-tournament-rules-guidelines-19896/

I will now proceed to post each of the characters, along with their Bios.

SaintHermit;326178 said:
fishhobo.png

Beardfishborg, the result of a horrible experiment that combined a homeless man, the worlds fourth largest fish and really bad robotics. After escaping the lab, bfb swims the oceans looking for a mate.
ScareCrowReturn;326190 said:
Here he is!

PirateSteve.jpg
Steve the Gay Pirate!
Steve "The Gay Pirate" was once a noble and rebellious Pirate who sailed the Seven sea's.. He soon got bored of Robbing the rich and poor, killing people and sinking boats, So he decided to go back home to Utah, When he returned he found that everyone was wearing bright colours and had bright houses, They all had turned gay.. Steve couldn't fight them off any longer and was dragged into their new lifestyle, now Steve The Gay Pirate is sent on a mission to turn every country gay for world domination!

(No offence to Utah-rians.)
Walker;326223 said:
OllieandLeah.jpg

Yeah, I got no artistic ability.

Cue Overly Long Description
Ludwig van Ollie is a recent graduate of a high school in California, Maryland. He is close friends with Leah, the ever-drunken Interconnected Triangle Gremlin, who has the Powe of Dubious Utility known as "making Ollie look crazed," since only he can see her. Ollie is a fairly intelligent young man, but being close friends with a mischievious gremlin is usually not conducive to good grades, and he ended up only barely graduating high school.
Feeling guilty for keeping him out of college, Leah contacted one of her many nephews, the computer-savvy Billy Joe-Bob. In a night of drunken hacking, BJ-Bob (at Leah's orders) got Ollie into the University of Maryland and started signing him up for classes. Ollie was very excited to hear this, but it probably would have worked out better if BJ-Bob hadn't decided he would make a good soldier, and put him in the computers as an already-contracted ROTC cadet.
c/PFC Ollie's life is hard. He has to get up early and go do PT, then struggle through a day over-filled with classes, compliments of BJ-Bob's lack of understanding of human foibles, like sleep and homework. Fortunately, Ollie has his good buddy Leah to keep him company and help out with a bit of mischief when neccesary.
Ollie has a reputation as quite the practical joker among the Terps Battalion, and Leah is re-discovering the joys of being a creature of mischief amidst the military-minded. Ah, it brings back her days in the RAF (Royally Acerbic Fifinellas).

Also, technically the name tape on his chest should read "Ollendorf," since "Ollie" is supposedly a nickname. But "Ollendorf" is too damn long. So I shortened it.

Edit: And I didn't describe Leah much this time, but think of her as Nanny Ogg, only more drunk and with gremlin-class mischief-making ability.
Jason;326578 said:
Heres mine

ninjasmiley.th.jpg

The Legendary Ninja Smiley, which can be created by typing *Ninja*. Like a normal Smiley but uses katana. Is responsible for destruction of Pirate Smileys. Ninja Smiley will pwn you all.
Jakuro;327401 said:
LiComic.jpg

Li is the BAMF that started Fight Club. She also has a battle cry that goes like STFUNAGGA! and only talks in leetspeek.
Keelee.Hamomin;327436 said:
Clohinne_Black_and_white_by_KeeleeHamomin8788.jpg

This is Clohinne (pronounced Clo-HIN-ya). She grew up in County Cork in 1812. However, due to an unfortunate accident with one of her inventions (what she thought was a toaster but actually turned out to be a time machine) she now resides in the present. She enjoys cafe's, bookstores, best buy and the inter-web. Her weapon of choice is her steam cannon and extend-able wrench.
Aside from general hobbies and occasionally blowing things up, Clohinne spends most of her time studying up on the past couple centuries that she missed. Her favorite subjects include technology, history, modern warfare, martial arts and food.... She loves food, fast food.

Yeah, fun with creativity. I like this site, it gives me the warm fuzzies.
RSN;327505 said:
I will now introduce you to:

Billy! A gravedigger from Scotland! He has a leg of wood and he replaced his arm with a shovel. Now to the story. Billy comes from the 1800's. He digged his own grave and has now rised from the grave. He was burried with a kilt and he is 25 % gay. Only his mother knows that though.

Billy:
gravediggerx.png

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Comic Tournament Discussion Thread.

SilverHRIZN;327507 said:
Now, I am happy to present..
comiclink.jpg

DoodleLink!

Originating from the Four Swords Adventures, DoodleLink was considered too.. Stupid to be part of the evil fighting team and was cast out into the vast world of Hyrule. DoodleLink's idiocy sometimes strangely brings him the best of luck even in the worst situations. Now with his loyal fairy.. "Gavin" Doodlelink has set off for the adventure of finding someplace he can truly call home. Until he stumbled upon the tournament..

Hehe.. The scanner kept acting up so I had to borrow my dad's from the other end of town. Pain in the arse.
Xeon;327572 said:
Cleaned my character up a bit

Vuf is based on a real life friend of mine. In the comic he gets banned from WoW and kills himself as seen in the panels a few posts up. We follow Vuf shortly after his demonic ressurrection. Vuf's only weapon is his demonic tongue which he can use to impale his enemies, ironically it was his tongue that got him banned from WoW in the first place. Reaper reference?
23212354.png
Warpedhero;327626 said:
Smokey The Blues Boy

Born in Deltatown, Mississippi, Smokey has the ability to play anything he wants. Furthermore, he can hit a secret note that paralyzes his enemies. The only drawback to all this is that he gets drunk quite frequently and this clouds his judgement, causing him to get himself into trouble. Modeled offa my fav blues player of all time
scan0001.jpg
Trawgdor;327660 said:
I have a new idea. What do you guys think?

PastorOfMuppets.png
Pastor Of Muppets (Metallica fans should understand) is a Pastor in Southern California, of which is a very large fan of puppeteering and especially Muppets. His favorite doll is Kremit. Prepare to feel his wrath as he makes extremely dorky jokes with a crappy puppet voice.
Archon'sRage;328694 said:
Ah yes hopefully i came before it was too late.
new entry instead of my last one.
The Little Paladin.
This little guy is studying in the art of killing the undead and zombies and any other very old living dead(he is currently using his grandma as practice) He is deadly, strong, epic and little. His large helmet makes his voice sound low and boom out. He had stepped on a magical stone after killing the ungfrenswerjfenvioneyoivn dragon and appeared in the modern world where he got a job as a ice skater for a fantasy play and spends his time at the bar drinking beer and lives in a cabin next to the graveyard in wait for enemies but instead goes twice a week to the retirement home to spill some blood and sacrifices baby cows to his (now dead king) Drikahnian which he is not aware of and worships a homeless guy since he has very much resemblence.
thelittlepaladin.jpg

I tried my best to give some randomness to this entry.
William1193;328700 said:
okay after droded said i have to redraw him like 1 million time over i realised that it took like lightyears to draw my original character so hears one i did on flash which is easy to use to draw and manipulate shapes so here is my new one

Yingyangkillercharacter.jpg

i call him Solanur he represents the sun and the moon his light powers are strongest in sun and darkness poweres strongest in night, he uses the moon nad the sun to transport to diffrent dimension and time worlds, under his cape is a mystery to everyone but people who antogonise his wrath, it could mean eternal torture maybe turn you crazy, orgasm untill u die etc ultimate power lies beneath his cape
droded;329625 said:
I present to you, my entry...

blackula.jpg
Count Blackula! The classic stereotypical black man in vampire form - he loves chicken wings, grape soda and sucking your BLOOD! He's had enough of yo' jibba jabba so prepare to meet the pain train!

Just think Mr. T but more cartoony, and he's a vampire.

(No offense meant by this post)

Alright, now let's discuss! :lol:

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Keelee's, Xeon's, Warped Hero's, and yours are the best ones, IMO.

I dunno what it is about Xeon's, his is just really cool.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Steve the Gay Pirate!
Steve "The Gay Pirate" was once a noble and rebellious Pirate who sailed the Seven sea's.. He soon got bored of Robbing the rich and poor, killing people and sinking boats, So he decided to go back home to Utah, When he returned he found that everyone was wearing bright colours and had bright houses, They all had turned gay.. Steve couldn't fight them off any longer and was dragged into their new lifestyle, now Steve The Gay Pirate is sent on a mission to turn every country gay for world domination!

(No offence to Utah-rians.)

Hey, Im from Utah! :realmad:

JK thats awesome. :lol:

Good luck everyone, I would have joined but I wouldnt have enough time to make anything decent.

Cain

Reaction score

I never though that many members would enter. I am sure this will do better than last years.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;329804 said:

Good luck everyone, I would have joined but I wouldnt have enough time to make anything decent.

Hahaha! Im sorry..

Busy at the mo, ill check in later. :D

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

each of my comic pages are 1000x800 pixs do i link it or spoiler each page

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Out of the 7 matches which are currently being held, 6 of them have been responded to.

This is going much smoother than last time - the only two MIA are Jakuro and Warpedhero. :lol:

William1193;329857 said:
each of my comic pages are 1000x800 pixs do i link it or spoiler each page

Just link them, or post thumbnails - that would be best as we wouldn't want to lose any quality.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

sorry to be posting again i just want to make sure. Are we aloud swearing or are we trying to keep it language friendly? thanks for the awnser on the other question btw.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

The occasional swearing should be fine, but don't go over the top.

(If you want to portray a character as a badmouthed mofo, go for the classic "%@$@#!!!," it's a much better alternative than the *'s, and it isn't exactly offensive as readers can substitute their own insults using their imaginations)

SaintHermit

I nose hair
Reaction score

Instead of double posting in my thread i'll just say I added two more pages here.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

my comic is ready but i forgot i told silver to go first lol so i just have to wait, nice comic saintherman

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

William1193;329892 said:
my comic is ready but i forgot i told silver to go first lol so i just have to wait, nice comic saintherman

I think you've misunderstood - you can't create a comic until your opponent has because the four comics made between the two of you have to be continuations of on another.

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

Yeah dude, the comic you've made might have nothing to do with the I'm making at the moment.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

nooooooooooooo i made some super comic and now i have to start again :( is there any chancei can post first or is it too late to take back

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

William1193;329904 said:
nooooooooooooo i made some super comic and now i have to start again :( is there any chancei can post first or is it too late to take back

Sorry man, I think that's a little unfair, if you wanted to go first you should of said. I'm already halfway through drawing mine and the storyline fits the beginning of our two characters meeting.

You shouldn't of told me to go first.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;329804 said:

BAH. Have you seen mine, man? It's utter crap!

Aside from Silver and William, has anyone else started? I saw that Azrael already posted his...

Mine's started, it's crap, but I gotta go to work. Which gives me time to come up with a punchline, then two days to make it marginally less crappy.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

The two people who have already posted their first comics are SaintHermit and Azrael.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Wait a minute, how do we post thumbnails? [noparse]
[/noparse]

Does it post automatically if the image is too big?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Gogogo! droded`s tournament. Hope it works out better than the first one. Sorry I`m not participating this time, but the school`s starting soon and I think I wouldn`t have had the time to make these. Anyway, nice work everyone. My favorite character - they are all cool.