• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Comprehensive Cash Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Comprehensive Cash Guide

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THESE TECHNIQUES PLEASE PM WEIRDKIDINABOX

Weirds Comprehensive Cash Guide

Okay this is my attempt at a comprehensive sticky on how to acquire as much money in as many ways as possible throughout the Fable TLC game. There a variety of schools of thought upon how to acquire large amounts of gold in short times and as such this should be helpful to quite a few of you looking to do so. I have included as many methods as I know of, some credit has to go to a few guys for some of these ideas- Ulicus for the legendary weapons method, JP8117 for his rent collecting idea and finally Schecter33 who gets my whole hearted thumbs up for his kick method of raising cash. I have placed my recommendations in a concluding post and also included some basic pros and cons of each cash earning system.

There are a few more obvious methods on how to raise some gold, like dowreys for marrying women so you could be a man whore or things like good old honest slaughtering people and picking up what they dropped. I havent included these because like I said, they are obvious.

I hope you guys find this useful.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Comprehensive Cash Guide

System One: The Oakvale House

Go to Oakvale and buy the available house there once you have enough cash. It is best if you equip them to quick use slots, on the X-Box I believe it is the d-pad and on the PC it is the numerical keys. Well anyway in Oakvale, when you buy the house there, if you put the trophies on the wall then sell your house, but stand right at the door when clicking the sign, the house will sell for a profit of whatever the trophies are worth and the door wont close, this means you don’t have to smash it raising your chances of being interrupted by the guards. You can then go back into the house lift the trophies, go back to the door and buy the house for cheaper than what you sold it for. Example: Your house is originally worth 5000. You put two trophies worth 500 and 500 on the trophy stands. Sell your house for 6000 when standing by the door and then collect your trophies again. You buy the house again for 5000 making a profit of 1000 each time you sell and buy. Repeat this and you raise some cash. I know it sounds complicated but its a decent way to raise cash. If you have two expensive trophies you can gain up to 2000 each time you sell your house.
(Technically this works in all houses which you can buy but works best in Oakvale because you don’t have to smash doors and you gave access to two trophy stands.)

Pros: Raises money without much hassle.
Cons: Can be time consuming and tedious.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

System Two: Buy/Sell Method AKA Schecter33 Technique

This is a simple and amazingly effective system depending on a few things, usually prices that traders and shopkeepers are selling products for. You simply go to a shop and buy all of one item which is labelled in the green, this means you are getting it for cheaper than what the vendor is selling for. Once you have bought all of one item using the buy all option go and sell all the items to the same guy and you will make a tidy profit. This method is so effective and so easy that after spending twenty minutes buying all the diamonds and rubies in the Bowerstone North store and selling them back again I had made 800000. I was making 35k each time I sold back to the keeper. There is also a small side effect of doing this- it gains you skill experience from bartering with the store keepers. Bear in mind through you need to use the buy all/sell all options for this to work. It wont work if you buys the items separately.

Pros: Vast amounts of cash in a short time along with a little extra skill experience.
Cons: Need to get a vendor with a decent supply of items labelled in green to make big profits.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

System Three: The Troll Method

Then there is something which I find handy for a bit of quick easy cash and experience. Rock Trolls, Ice Trolls and Earth Trolls are notorious for dropping rubies, diamonds and other precious gem stones more than other items. You could go defeat loads of trolls and then sell the gems to vendors. This also gains you experience but it isn’t 100% certain that you are always going to receive a precious stone. Maybe 6/7 times out of 10 you will. Even if you don’t your still getting some cool items in the stead of the gems.

Pros: Not only gains you gems to sell but gains experience as well.
Cons: If your weak trolls are a bitch to beat, it is isn’t guaranteed you will get a precious gem every time.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

System Four: The Ulicus Method

This is probably the fastest way of raising money in the entire game and from what I know it was conceived by Ulicus. Once you have collected a few legendary weapons, keep the one you like best and sell the rest of them. Keep in mind that once their gone, you will never get them back or have an entire collection of weapons again within that game save.

Pros: Hella lots of cash, super fast.
Cons: Your selling legendary weapons which you can only get once per game.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

System Five: Drunk Shopkeeper

The drunk shop keeper method which only works well if your on the good side of alignment and you have the steal expression. This is more handy for getting some items than getting cash, but you can always sell those items. Go to a shopkeeper, get him to follow you. Take him far away from the shop. Tell him to wait and before he leaves give him lots of beer, six should do nicely. He will then get drunk and forget entirely about the fact that he has left his shop utterly unattended and wont follow you. This leaves you free to go to his store and thieve all around you. Then you can go somewhere else and sell the items which you got "off the back of a lorry!" If your doing this though make sure and tell the keeper to wait before getting him drunk or he will follow you even if you tell him to wait.

Pros: Good for getting items from the store, funny to see shopkeepers wasted.
Cons: Possibility of getting caught stealing, need the steal expression, if you mess it up the shopkeeper follows you everywhere.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

System Six: Ninja Style

Once you have enough skill experience you can learn to barter to get goods cheaper and also learn two kick ass techniques- steal and lock pick. You can lock pick peoples houses and stores at night time and steal everything you can get your heroic hands on. If you have the cash you can always bribe the guards but there isn’t much point, their easy to get by. If your breaking into an occupied house try sneaking around to avoid waking the folk inside up. If you do they call the guards.

Pros: You can get some interesting items. Besides its nice to go ninja.
Cons: Possibility of getting caught by the guards. Not a big money earner.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

System Seven: Kill Em All

Putting it simply, you go to a town, you massacre the entire population by any means possible and then buy up all their houses and put them up for rent again. Sleep for three days then wake up and go collect your rent. If your in Bowerstone or a place where weapons are not equipped to your character use the guards- get them to shoot at you but run in the way of a civilian, the arrow hits them instead. Kind of like a human shield.

Pros: Fun killing the town and playing landlord.
Cons: It takes a lot of cash to buy up all the property in a town.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

System Eight: Card Game Exploits

There are numerous card game exploits I have heard of. Just little things you can do to make your card games go much easier and help you win some cash or an item that little be quicker and with a little less effort. I have to give credit to alanname350 for reminding me of these, I totally overlooked them, sorry guys. Their pretty simple so it wont take alot of explaining.

1: The first is to do with the save exploit: before going into a card game, any card game, you can save your progress, then go play cards and bet as much as you can. If you loose your cash just reload. If you win and fancy another flutter then go save again and repeat the process.

2: The second is something I have seen mentioned a few times by a few people so thanks go to them, cant remember who they were but thank you. This is to do with either yanking out the controller or hitting the escape button on the PC when your playing something like card pairs or spot the addition. When you play the card pairs game in Bowerstone, I think, have a piece of paper handy. Pick the first two cards and quickly hit escape or tear out the controller while they are still visable, the game will pause allowing you to jot down what the cards are. You can go through the entire set of cards and write them down and then just flip opver the pairs quickly winning your cash and getting the top score, I think there is a doll available here as well. The same principle applies to the spot the addition game in the Bandit Camp, tear out the controller or hit esc when the first set appears, write them down, go ahead and let the second set appear, hit esc or take out the controller then plug it back in after you know which one was added.

These methods work, I have tried them. They may not be the best ways to raise cash but it helps if the card game you are playing has a special item available through the best time score. I managed to get the Bowerstone card game in about 24 seconds I think. Hope you found these useful.

Pros: Can help get an excellant top score and attain some items without loosing gold. Its fun because your playing games as well.
Cons: Can be awkward and slightly annoying. Isnt the best way to make huge amounts of cash.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Conclusion

Originally I thought schecter33 and his idea of buying and selling all was a little naff and wouldn’t raise much cash. I can admit when I am wrong. This is the ultimate way of getting cash and getting it fast without any loss of items. It not only gets you tonnes of gold but earns you a little bit of skill experience along the way which never goes amiss. I would suggest using the buy/sell all method in Bowerstone North, the diamonds and rubies and perfume worked brilliantly for me.

Each method has its good points and bad points and you could argue them till the cows come home but personally I would say the top three would have to be:
System One
System Two
System Four

Good luck with all the gold earning guys and I hope you found this helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.