• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Confused about fishing contest, barbers...

L

locutus

Confused about fishing contest, barbers...

My “foreign mustache” disappeared, but when I talk to a barber in Darkwood it's in his inventory and greyed out which should mean that I already have it, but I don't have it. I don't have any mustache. I used to have it and then it disappeared, but when I talk to the barber it appears greyed out. When I talk to barbers who can give me the hairstyle and beard I already have then they are greyed out because I already have them. So why does the barber in Darkwood list a mustache as greyed out even though I don't have it? It makes no sense.

I've already played through the game once but never understood what power Theresa gives me after I meet her and then what power Mom gives me.

Why does the guy organizing the fishing competition not accept my fish? I caught a fish in Fisher Creek that was 25g which he accepted. Later I fished in the hobbe cave. I caught several large fish: 136g, 436g, 521g. I caught the 521g fish twice and took pictures of it. I went back to Fisher Creek. I talked to him and the message on the screen was “Your biggest fish is 0.0g” or something like that and then he tells me that I have no fish to enter in the competition. Will he only accept fish that I catch in Fisher Creek? I've already fished at all 5 spots so what now?

A

Arcturius

Re: Confused about fishing contest, barbers...

the foreign mustache thing I have no idea about, perhaps you dont have enough money?

the power your sister and mother give you are the large experience bonuses after each of the cutscenes.

as for the fishing contest only the fish you catch at fisher creek can be entered.
and you can fish in the spots more than once and you'll get different results.

L

locutus

I have about 60,000+ gold. I have old saved games from when I had the mustache and the hairstyle I wanted. I then went to Bowerstone and got the "long beard". So I had all 3 and I look very evil. :) I loaded my current game and went back to Greatwood. I talked to the barber. My hairstyle is listed and greyed out so that makes sense. He didn't list my beard because, I assume, he can't give that beard. He did list "foreign mustache" and it was greyed out even though I had no mustache. I chose a different mustache and then I saw that my character had that mustache so that worked. I talked to the barber again. He now lists my current mustache and it's greyed out as it should be. I selected the "foreign mustache", but then when I look at my character he doesn't have it. Then when I talk to the barber again, the "foreign mustache" is greyed out. There's obviously a bug with the style cards. Can I buy the foreign mustache somewhere else?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

My Fishermen Disappeared. :noexpression: No Fishing Sign, No Fishing Man, No nothing.

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

did you kill him seph

T

tass

Old thread, etc. But I think it'd probably be better to keep related issues in the same thread instead of starting a new one.

Recently ran into the foreign mustache issue myself. Googled the problem, found this thread. For whatever reason, I noticed sometimes when I use magic or melee the mustache will up and disappear. However, I found that eating a crunchy chick or two brings it back-- you can actually watch it reappear on your face. This also likely applies to tofu, but I've yet to test other foods to see if they have the same effect.