• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Confused about the guildmaster's comments about the Hook Coast quest

L

locutus

Confused about the guildmaster's comments about the Hook Coast quest

The Guildmaster just told me about the new quest from Mom. :) I need to go back to Hook Coast and he can bring down the barrier for me. He says "you will have to forsake your other tasks". The prompt at the bottom of the screen says that if you accept the quest "all currently active quests will be abandoned". That sounds to me like all quests I am currently working on - all current quests in my questlog - will be abandoned. So I saved my game first and then accepted the new quest, but the quests I hadn't completed yet are still in my questlog. So I assume the guildmaster meant that any remaining quests that hadn't yet been accepted in the map room would be abandoned. I can still work on the quests in my questlog, right? There's a couple I haven't figured out yet.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score
Re: Confused about the guildmaster's comments about the Hook Coast quest

no it just means that while your doing that specific quest, you cant complete the side quests in the process (like going to orchard farm to kill hobbes. youll be able to get there, but no cutscene or quest objective will appear)at least i think

L

locutus

Sounds like I should finish any quests in my questlog before accepting the final quest - just to be safe. What about the treasure hunt quest? I only have clues 1, 2 and 6. Should I have all the clues before starting the hook coast quest or am I supposed to get the remaining clues during the hook coast quest?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

That's not technically a quest. It's more of a treasure hunt.... funny that. :lol:

A

Azrooh

locutus;166489 said:
Sounds like I should finish any quests in my questlog before accepting the final quest - just to be safe. What about the treasure hunt quest? I only have clues 1, 2 and 6. Should I have all the clues before starting the hook coast quest or am I supposed to get the remaining clues during the hook coast quest?

That quest won't affect it... I've always loved doing that though. *insert two items and prices here*, beating low level enemies with a flaming frying pan...Priceless.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I always makes sure I have other quests done before taking gold quests