• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Console Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FableFreak

Console Wars

Here you can discuss the pro's and con's of your favorite and least favorite console, also how you think other consoles wil be. Please keep profanity out of the debate, but feel free to speak your mind however you want (excluding profanity). Begin...

Xbox 360 deluxe w/ 250 MB of RAM

vs

Alienware computer w/AMD Athalon processor and ATI Radeon Graphics card (your choice of which model on card and processor)

I

Ivan

Re: Console Wars

I PlayStation 3
II XBOX 360
III Nintendo Wii
IV PSP
V PC

D

DrZoid

fablefreak1;28836 said:
Here you can discuss the pro's and con's of your favorite and least favorite console, also how you think other consoles wil be. Please keep profanity out of the debate, but feel free to speak your mind however you want (excluding profanity). Begin...

Xbox 360 deluxe w/ 250 MB of RAM

vs

Alienware computer w/AMD Athalon processor and ATI Radeon Graphics card (your choice of which model on card and processor)

Well If someone offered them both to me and I had to choose one, I'd take the Alienware PC.

Can't afford either atm.. and will probs end up getting a 360.

(No point getting for me to get a new PC really. Mines good enough to play the sims 2 and thats all i need) :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid;29672 said:
Well If someone offered them both to me and I had to choose one, I'd take the Alienware PC.

Can't afford either atm.. and will probs end up getting a 360.

(No point getting for me to get a new PC really. Mines good enough to play the sims 2 and thats all i need) :p

:lol: id definatley go for the Alienware as more variety of games for PC plus i only play net games on PC so....

F

FableFreak

Yeah, I'd definately choose the Alienware over the 360 anyday.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Alienware is pretty so I'd go for that...

Only kidding - but I do like the specs for it, even though it would cost more than my life is currently worth. Mind you, my kid is quite rich so I could just dip into her bank account and leave an IOU behind...it's not stealing, it's sharing the wealth and keeping me in the manner to which I am accustomed.

I think an Xbox 360 is nearer to my price bracket but only if it comes down in price considerably.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;29844 said:
I think an Xbox 360 is nearer to my price bracket but only if it comes down in price considerably.

They wont have a massive price drop but one will come when the other next gen consoles are released...

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

So would that apply for when the PS3 arrives in March? Although I'm guessing if the PS3 is gonna go for £500 - £600 then there would be no point in dropping the price of an Xbox 360 any further...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;30001 said:
So would that apply for when the PS3 arrives in March? Although I'm guessing if the PS3 is gonna go for £500 - £600 then there would be no point in dropping the price of an Xbox 360 any further...

Well when the Nintendo Wii comes out that will be the cheapest by far, so Microsoft will drop the price of the 360 to get it closer to the Wii's pricerange. Sony best start worrying about their price tags!

E

ennio

Yer deffo ... but ps3 price wont drop for a while after its out imo ... xbox 360 300 quid nintendo wii 180 quid ps3 620 quid thats all with 1 controll + game

brand new games
wii 40 quid
xbox360 50 quid
ps3 80 quid! for 1 game

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Cheapest I've seen the Xbox 360 complete package is about £279 - you can buy the core package for cheaper, but you end up needing to get all the extras anyway so best to get the whole thing straight off. If it can drop to below £100 then I'm a happy camper, but to be honest I can't see that ever happening. Even £150 would be doable...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ennio;30024 said:
Yer deffo ... but ps3 price wont drop for a while after its out imo ... xbox 360 300 quid nintendo wii 180 quid ps3 620 quid thats all with 1 controll + game

brand new games
wii 40 quid
xbox360 50 quid
ps3 80 quid! for 1 game

I cant imagine the PS3 games being £80! Plus Xbox 360 games are ONLY £50 in high street shops as places like Gameplay Sell them for around £37

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Forgive me for being dumb, but how come the wii is not selling for as big a price as other consoles? Is it smart marketing or is it somehow inferior to the other consoles available?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;30091 said:
Forgive me for being dumb, but how come the wii is not selling for as big a price as other consoles? Is it smart marketing or is it somehow inferior to the other consoles available?

Hasnt got all this new tech in it like Blu Ray And HD DVD drives which is what boosted the price of Xbox 360 and PS3.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ahh...I see. Still, it makes it a more affordable option for those parents who need to buy something related to gaming but can't stretch to the other consoles.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;30111 said:
Ahh...I see. Still, it makes it a more affordable option for those parents who need to buy something related to gaming but can't stretch to the other consoles.

Yeah, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are trying to break games barrier for GFX power and sheer scale of games etc whereas the Wii will be trying to make innovative games that have not been seen before and use strange motion sensor controllers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.