• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Contest Time! Win one of TEN "Chicken Headpieces" for your XBL Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Sigh. I'm not much of an artist. Haiku is about all I could muster. I could write a short story if it weren't for the fast that I have 20 pages of work due on average per week for school!
Steve goes Like happy across the forums - it doesn't mean pictures are preferred at all. Don't look at how many likes something has because it isn't necessarily a factor in the winning entries :)

I can't draw for toffee, as many here can attest to (my avatar is my own pathetic art attempt at a rooster) so poems, songs, stories etc etc are all perfectly good submissions. What we're looking for is creativity, originality (no plagiarism!) and something that is different. If you can't draw it really doesn't matter - just do what you can do :)

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
My third entry, I have had a mass of ideas as you can see ^_^
and Page doesn't look altogether right, I was doing this by memory >_<

Crunchy_Chick.jpg

Lotteboom

Reaction score
liking the latest sketch Spartan Hal :D

but only after a "why didn't i think of that?" moment :blink::blush:>_>

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Surprise ending: Spartan Hal wins all ten of the DLC codes.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
What the bleeding hell is that? Whatever it is, it looks sort of edible...
Oh, I'd eat it as long as it tastes like Bacon.

My third entry, I have had a mass of ideas as you can see ^_^
and Page doesn't look altogether right, I was doing this by memory >_<

Crunchy_Chick.jpg
B-E-A-U-TIFUL. Although Reaver looks about 4 in that last box. Love Walter's moustache!

Alec

Reaction score
So, i wrote this hilarious poem for my literary arts class, and thought I might submit it:

Thanksgiving Dinner

It was a happy thanksgving,
At the Smith household,
The turkey was near done,
Or so they'd been told,
A few minutes passed,
And still no turkey,
At this rate Thanksgiving Dinner,
Would be beef jerky,
So impatient Mr. Smith,
Stood up from his chair,
He entered the kictchen,
And got quite a scare,
He pointed to the tray,
Mrs. Smith carried,
Saying,"Oh dear is that chicken"
"Why'd we ever get married?"
Mr. Smith was angry,
He wanted turkey real bad,
The sight of cooked chicken,
Made him so sad,
Because what's a thanksgiving,
Without the right bird,
With that he stomped off,
Not another word,
Mrs. Smith pressed on,
She began serving the food,
When little Johhny Smith shouted,
"Uh- OH! Mom's screwed!"
For at that very moment,
She dropped to the floor,
Revealing Mr. Smith behind her,
With a boat oar,
It was finally silent
Among the table,
Someone had to die,
Cause' without chickens,
There'd be no mascot for Fable.

Carnage 349

Reaction score
Since this contest was inspired from Fable 3, I decided to use Fable as the focal point of my story, while hoping to not break any copyrights/rules. (Thus all fable names and content belong to Lionhead Studios)

One-Eye stood tall, beak gleaming in the setting sun, black feathers ruffled by the wind. Behind him stood his army, a thousand chickens gathered from every corner of Bowerstone. Today would be an end to oppression. Today, they would put down their masters, and claim the city as their own. One-Eye reflected back on what had happened that faithful day. He partially remembered running through the streets of the city, flying with the doves, intense heat, and being confined in a box. And then there was the chef, with his beady eyes and multiple knives. He had nearly escaped the evil chef, but had been shot just before he could make his daring escape. The bullet had taken his eye, and knocked him unconscious. When he woke, he lay in a kitchen, next to other chicken carcases. With the chef's back to him, he woozily escaped from the kitchen, only to run into two finely dressed people, one looking like royalty. He squawked and swiftly ran through the garden. His memory became blurred after that, and the next thing he knew, he woke in the care of other escaped chickens. He swiftly grew to power in the renegade coop, and began to learn the arts of war. Their numbers grew as word of a safe haven for chickens spread through the city, and soon nearly 1000 chicken soldiers were prepared. Their claws were steel knives, their beaks iron spears. One day, nine chickens appeared in the city, who were said to have escaped their former master in a town called Brightwall. These chickens brought with them powerful secrets stolen from the humans own books, and with their now advanced knowledge in small engine repair and a magical language known as Jibberish to the humans, the chicken army would be prepared to topple the human overlords. One-Eye knew that today was the day, that today they would win or die trying. Today, the fate of chicken-kind in all of Albion would depend on One-Eye. It was time for a revolution, and One-Eye planned on leading it every step of the way.

Alucard Nightraven

Reaction score
I remember my good friend Leonard, he was always following me around wherever I went, whether it was to the shops for clothing or tattoos or to stand on the bridge over the river, a very beautiful view it was. My neighbors began to really like Leonard as well which I was grateful for because it was tiring watching them look at him with hungry eyes. They would feed him little pieces of corn whenever they saw him. However a day came when I needed to travel to the next town over to retrieve a package for a local shop and I decided to bring Leonard with me since it was difficult to leave him with anyone. We traveled for three days to the next town and it was a wondrous sight, this town was much larger than my hometown. The shops were at least twice as large, the Inn and Pub nearly three times bigger, I couldn't believe my eyes. On the way to the shop to get the package there were a lot of people in the street and it was difficult to keep Leonard in view, I was halfway through the crowd when I heard a tremendous noise that sounded like a small animal being choked. I quickly began running through the crowd toward the noise and abruptly stopped in my tracks at what I saw, there was Leonard in the hands of a man with large scarred hands, a bloody cleaver stuck in the wood and Leonard's head detached from his body. I will never forget my friend Leonard, a more faithful chicken there never was.

Reaction score
Votes if you want to see this as the must see movie 2010! My submission to win one those oh-so-delicious (pun intended) Chicken Headpieces...

It was made by me on MS Paint, if you look very careful you can notice all the cliches and references ;)

When angry, giant Pre-historic poultry starts playing fowl...Armageddon Smith knows he has to stop being a chicken.

View attachment 120

FableFTW

Reaction score
Hi folks,

It's competition time! The oh-so generous Woody from Lionhead has so graciously shared 10 unique codes for the Chicken Headpiece avatar item.

thumblg.png

Fancy winning one? Awesome-sauce. All that you need to do is post a response to this thread with something "arts-y" and you'll be in with a chance to win one of the ten codes I have available. Poetry, drawings, videos, jokes, short-stories, etc. - pretty much anything that might in some way be construed as "art" would be acceptable.

There is one rule, however - your submission must in some way, shape or form, incorporate a chicken.

I 'spose you could, if you wanted to, just leave a response with only the text "Chicken" - but you won't win a single ruddy thing (and might just end up disqualifying yourself for being so incredibly full of fail) because me, DD and Sharon will be judging our favourites and awarding the codes out to those that either: make us laugh, make us cry, make us forget what we had previously thought about chickens, etc. etc. Do put some effort in though!

We'll each be choosing our three favourites and forwarding the codes onto you when the contest is over. The final, tenth code will be reserved for someone who... well, I don't know. We'll have to think about that one.

The contest will probably run for 7-14 days, but we'll give you some notice as to when it'll be coming to a close.

So, let the games commence! Hopefully we'll get some good submissions in and make this an entertaining contest along the way. Good luck, folks!

Replace Bird with “Chicken”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

Spell Reaver

Reaction score
THIS isnt any ordinary CHICKEN, its FIRE BREATHING DEMON CHICKEN!
So .... its not a M&S FIRE BREATHING DEMON CHICKEN?
... I hate you ...

EFDisaster

Reaction score
I searched through all my photos for something chicken related, and I couldn't find anything...

but I was reminded that I am officially a member of the Save the Chicken Foundation... so I don't feel too bad, I've already won one chicken themed prize from a video game.

upon further unspection, I did find this picture of a rooster hanging out with a bull:
1796074219_9f036d445d_z.jpg

and a picture of a chicken chillin' on the edge of a bucket:
3753803978_e5b113f8db_z.jpg

TwilighTxSireN

Reaction score
A poem of a chicken’s nightmare

Last night I dreamt of humans,
There were humans everywhere,
They were standing over my nest,
They were hunting for my eggs,
They were picking at my feathers,
They kicked me with their legs,
They searched in the barn,
They searched on the streets,
They looked around corners,
And up the beach,
Apparently
Kicking me 100 times
Was their goal
To get a prize

I awoke with a startle and felt kind of sore
When the other chickens saw me
They laughed and roared
I looked in the mirror
And to my surprise
There was a bootprint on my ass
The size of 3 pies!

images

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Great stuff guys! I was all ready to try my hand at this but then I realized that I'm not artistically inclined. Fortunately I was up early enough to snag one of those free chicken headpieces for your avatar from the lionhead blog where they gave out a bunch of free codes.

I can tell you this piece is fantastic!

Sidenote : the movie/play posters are my fav!

SirQluckalot

Reaction score
My Beloved Fowl, My Gallus Gallus Amora!Thou Eye’s as Beady, pecking into my soul.
As thou beak, orange as the sunset…
pecketh into my lips, so they bleed as my heart for you.
Thou Feathery coat, on wich my head doth rest so well
In your flapping arms I feel secure, and my dreams become so swell.
How dreams, so swell, where all of thou..
marrieth me, I would have your eggs, right now.
Desperate in love, and full of passion, I denied myself to eat.
Days of sorrow, sobbing and moan.
My body grew skinny, no muscle, just bone.
But thou noticed me, and flapped thou feathery meat.
Blind with passion, but mad with hunger
I rushed into thou sweet embrace.
In seconds my love, thou wereth no longer
Except for some feathers on my tearfull face….

Enjoy the game folks,

Sir Qluckalot

Ps: How bloody awesome that they got John Cleese to voice Jasper?!!!

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Just a quick update, chaps: The contest will probably run until next Wednesday (Nov. 24th). I want to see some quality submissions, folks! Fact is: We might have 10 codes to give out but we're not just going to hand 'em out to rubbish entries! Let's get some good stuff coming in!

GypsySon

Reaction score
Diddly diddly dum, Diddly Diddly Dee.
In Albion, I may reside as the current King
But instead of this crown I’m always wearing
A chicken head would be much more suited to me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Some peoples entries are no longer showing it seems so might be in your best interest to fix the pictures etc that arent showing before the contest ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.