• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Coronavirus

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
We were doing great, all restrictions were loosened up until recently. A few weeks ago they reported keeping an eye on two-three corona families and otherwise there were no new cases.

However, like a week or two ago some geniuses were waiting for their tests results and instead of staying in quarantine, decided to travel around, go to spas an night clubs. So a few dozen infected from there.
There were also infected Finns coming here on a cruise; and Ukranian workers.

6 new cases in the last 24 hours.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Well I lived up in Northern California until about a month & a half ago. The city's population is about 110K, but the surrounding area is pretty rural, so the county only had a few hundred cases even by June (It's up to about 1,200 now). Restrictions have been pretty much the same across the whole state though. Bars are all closed, restaurants are take-out and delivery only, lots of stores only allow a few people inside at a time, masks are always required indoors, lots of people working from home.
More recently, I moved down to LA county (Yes, one of the places in the U.S. with the highest amount of cases...weird timing for that kind of move, I know). It's not that much different here since these restrictions are state-wide, and because I've just been staying at home not working since March, regardless of where I lived. The main differences I'm aware of are that school campuses in LA county are closed, and the city of LA is trying to crack down on large gatherings, particularly ones that are indoors and where people aren't wearing masks. You may have heard about some of these "superspreader" events around here, like the ones with a bunch of big YouTubers/social media influencers. The mayor of LA recently announced that they'll be shutting off water and electricity to houses that are found to have large gatherings like these, so that's kind of ****ing crazy.
Like I said, I haven't really been doing much myself. Still kind of on lockdown, mostly staying at home all the time, not working, but at least I'm living with a couple of friends now, and I've had more time than ever to play a bunch of video games I skipped over during the last decade.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Uber late to the covid party here...and what a wild ride it has been :troll:

Homeschooling for a billion years, no work, no play, adult daughter dumped her boyfriend and moved back home - also without job - and the cat decided to develop "stress" or some such nonsense. It basically means she can crap everywhere and bite us with impunity.

Got fatter, lazier and rather irritable for a few months but as things are lifting and the schools are going back soon, there is some light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

My boss messaged me to see if I was free to work on the 25th and I practically reached through the phone and screamed "BY ALL THAT IS CHOCOLATE COVERED, YES!!!" There will be literally nothing to do as the computer and office phone are with my colleague, but imma spin in that chair again like it's March 23rd, 2020.

On a more sensible note, I've had friends who've had the virus and they've been ok. Also, two of the care homes in our town didn't lose a single elderly person to it, which is nothing short of amazing.

And as soon as the tattoo parlours were open again, I got Bowser on my arm. Best 90 minutes of lockdown right there...

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
The same wee little lass you played Viva Pinata with back in the day?

Oh how the time flies. I'm seeing local young girls and boys walking around with their kids and realizing they're like 15 years older than I remember them. Then my knees start to hurt due to too hot weather.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
The same wee little lass you played Viva Pinata with back in the day?

Oh how the time flies. I'm seeing local young girls and boys walking around with their kids and realizing they're like 15 years older than I remember them. Then my knees start to hurt due to too hot weather.
She is 19 now. It's horrifying. She is now older than I was when I gave birth to her...that's her on the right in my avatar pic.

Your knees hurt? My tree trunk ankles swell up like gross little balloons in the heat. Only other people I know of with this affliction are in their 70's.

I'm just hella old now.