• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crime Timer - Does it go away... ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstrafex

Reaction score
So, yeah... I was trying to get my hands on a few things from Brightwall without paying. I break into the clothing shop at night, and of course the town "alarm" goes off, preventing me from stealing anything.
I pay the fine and wait until the guards walk away, then start stealing piece by piece of the Highwayman suit, and the alarm goes off before I can finish taking the last 2 pieces. Why does this alarm prevent me from stealing?! It's stupid, I stole enough to the point where my bounty was more than I could pay, leaving me with only one option: to resist arrest... Now, I have a half hour bounty timer and a bounty too expensive to pay...

Is there any way I can make up for my crimes besides paying so I can get the rest of that suit? It's so dumb that I can't set foot in Brightwall anymore without that damn alarm bell ringing...

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
Just resist arrest. All the guards do is try and kill you, they fail compared to the Fable2 guards.

that guy

Reaction score
You can do a bunch of community service or go to another town and wait out the time.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
i know nothing of this game

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
Doing community service SUCKS. Just resist arrest, that's all I can tell you. I went away for a little while, did some missions, and got enough money to pay it off.

Hahah, and if you're really interested in continuing your life of crime, do all of it AFTER your king. The guards just fume and stare at you, but don't do ****, seriously, unless you kill a guard. It's pretty awesome.

master666epic

Reaction score
Doing community service SUCKS. Just resist arrest, that's all I can tell you. I went away for a little while, did some missions, and got enough money to pay it off.

Hahah, and if you're really interested in continuing your life of crime, do all of it AFTER your king. The guards just fume and stare at you, but don't do s***, seriously, unless you kill a guard. It's pretty awesome.
yeah it is funny as hell but annoying to because stops you getting the crime spree achievment xD its like yeah im king or queen so what i should still get arrested n i shall decree my own punishment :D (death yayyy) lools :D jokes :)

master666epic

Reaction score
i personally would just say avoid the town unless you absolutely have to but keep resisting arrest and running if your doing a quest untill you upgrade one of the jobs on the road to rule so you earn money quicker then do that job like in a different place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.