• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Death is not your fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Death is not your fate.

Ezio;412201 said:
Death system? What death system? If you're a good player, and pay your fines then you won't die.

Simple.

That's not very clever. Death System's are required in a game to make it more changeling depending on the main objective of the game.

For example, in Fable III the main objective is to get followers, the game runs on followers. Having scars, losing followers will be bad for your reputation, therefore you lose followers and the game gets harder for you, because you cannot run your own revolution without followers.

Ezio

Reaction score

I meant good player as in good at combat, not alignment. I've never died in Fable II.

Does anyone have a picture of the maximum amount of scars one can have?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Ezio;412208 said:
I meant good player as in good at combat, not alignment. I've never died in Fable II.

Does anyone have a picture of the maximum amount of scars one can have?

One per main body part. One face, torso, back.

Ezio

Reaction score

You're trying to tell me that if I were to go out of my way to lose fights then I will only end up with a maximum of 3 scars?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Shadow Knight;412124 said:
I know what you're saying, trust me. But if you take more damage, you have to play better, dodge more, use more potions, find better armor/weapons earlier. It adds more depth into gameplay. And you could even go so far as to allow better equipment, with lower restrictions on higher settings.

Also, changeling? you mean challenging?

I think that they will make Fable III more challenging than the past Fable's, they learn (Lionhead Developers/Designers) from their own mistakes, my bet is that we will have to use multiple types of combat and defense to avoid death or some ugly scars on our hero's.

Yes, I mean challenging, I apologize for the confusion, I was trying to find where I made this typo. I should really double-check before posting, always.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

After some serious thought, scars will be a big deal in three, as Obama wouldn't have been elected if scarred, nobody likes an ugly king. Ah, stereotypical peasants and their judgements.

Ezio

Reaction score

Obama and good looking...lulwut?

He looks like an ape. Ape's aren't nice to look at.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

Shadow Knight;412033 said:
I guess you can, but I would feel like I'm cheating. I am purposely avoiding a built in game feature, and thats just... wrong to me.
I haven't done the load thing I suggested. I don't care enough. But I felt more like I was cheating when I got killed then got right back up.

Also, did anyone else see the battle in the dark cave thing from Fable 3? Against the
sentinel I think it was called?
Since the hero was in a cave, he lost 0 followers when he died. That's the only penalty from dying, aside from scars and notches. That means he can just keep getting killed by that thing, go out for lunch, come back and still be able to win the fight without having lost anything! Although he'd be pretty hideous looking, you understand my point right? As long as you're alone dying almost has no penalty!

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

@Ezio *Headshot with a Banrifle*

Anyway, My point is that ugly people generally aren't well liked as the face for anything, Much less being king. So being scarred might actually be a big deal. And that video is where I got the info the system is the same.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Actually that's a great point. If followers are like experience points and having scars reduces the number of followers you get then performing poorly loses you followers and lowers your mean ability to gain more. +rep

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

DarkONI;412219 said:

I think that they will make Fable III more challenging than the past Fable's, they learn (Lionhead Developers/Designers) from their own mistakes, my bet is that we will have to use multiple types of combat and defense to avoid death or some ugly scars on our hero's.

Yes, I mean challenging, I apologize for the confusion, I was trying to find where I made this typo. I should really double-check before posting, always.
Even if it is harder, it still doesn't enable to make it harder or easier than that, thats my beef with it.

Arc Caster;412230 said:
After some serious thought, scars will be a big deal in three, as Obama wouldn't have been elected if scarred, nobody likes an ugly king. Ah, stereotypical peasants and their judgements.
Haha

POOP;412290 said:
I haven't done the load thing I suggested. I don't care enough. But I felt more like I was cheating when I got killed then got right back up.

Also, did anyone else see the battle in the dark cave thing from Fable 3? Against the
sentinel I think it was called?
Since the hero was in a cave, he lost 0 followers when he died. That's the only penalty from dying, aside from scars and notches. That means he can just keep getting killed by that thing, go out for lunch, come back and still be able to win the fight without having lost anything! Although he'd be pretty hideous looking, you understand my point right? As long as you're alone dying almost has no penalty!
So scars won't matter again..

Arc Caster;412291 said:
@Ezio *Headshot with a Banrifle*

Anyway, My point is that ugly people generally aren't well liked as the face for anything, Much less being king. So being scarred might actually be a big deal. And that video is where I got the info the system is the same.
Yeah, but you won't lose followers in a cave, I guess.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

Yeah, Well, I'm just stating what I think. You won't lose followers if nobody sees you get creamed, as well as you might gain some simpletons if you can kill something big enough in front of them.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Arc Caster;412347 said:
Yeah, Well, I'm just stating what I think. You won't lose followers if nobody sees you get creamed, as well as you might gain some simpletons if you can kill something big enough in front of them.

The bigger the better. However I doubt that Lionhead has put so much thought to that. You kill, you take followers, you die, you lose followers. Plain clear.

Reaction score

Arc Caster;412230 said:

True, tragic but so very true. Society can be real assholes when it comes to misjudging people based on how they look. :(

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;412362 said:
True, tragic but so very true. Society can be real assholes when it comes to misjudging people based on how they look. :(
Most leaders are/were pretty damned. Look at Henry VIII, Jimmy Carter, or Aretha Franklin. Besides, scars give them sympathy points and show their dedication to their cause.

Knifeboy

Reaction score

Man in fable tlc I was realy surprised when I woke up in the... (how do you use spoiler alerts?)
naked and I had one s***load of scars all over; they were probably the most annoying cosmetic feature. Although they were annoying I think they were a good idea but should have been tonned down quite a bit (I had them everywhere . I haven't played fable 2 extensively so I don't know what was changed to the scars system (hopefully you no longer look like a confused self operating surgeon with a teaspoon as a mirror).o_O

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

I joked about that with a friend claiming the girl scratched up my back during the rough night. But in actuality I think its from getting one too many slices to the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.