• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Demon Door/Cullis gates

N

Nekaku

Re: Demon Door/Cullis gates

It works perfectly! And looking at the scripts, I actually Learned a little bit about that stuff... How what I had tried about four hours ago made Fable crash... Oh well... Darn those small errors..

jwc2200

Reaction score

I'm glad it is working for you. I hope you keep looking for more things to mod and get good at it. We need new modders. I wish I could have taught you how to do this rather than do it for you, but I can't teach, but you can learn from that and make more teleporters.
Just jump in there and change stuff all around, after you make back-ups of course. In fact, it helps to back-up your latest working modded files so that if a new mod causes fatal errors you can still go right back to modded game files, and not have to re-do all your mods.

If you want to change where they go in the future or use my scripts to make new teleporters, I attached a list of EntranceConnectedTo UID's that go to just about every region entrance. That thing took a while to make, and it may not be complete, but I think so.
All you need to do is pick an object, copy it's UID, Definition Type, and coordinates into one of the scripts, then change the EntranceConnectedToUID to the region you want.

Nekaku;324114 said:
It works perfectly! And looking at the scripts, I actually Learned a little bit about that stuff... How what I had tried about four hours ago made Fable crash... Oh well... Darn those small errors..

It's the small errors that get you every time in Fable modding. Every little thing matters.

N

Nekaku

Thank you! And Thank you for the Advice. I'll go Back-up the Modded files to then.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Ok but how excatly do you get to use it? Im sorry idk what to do with the text file

jwc2200

Reaction score

jwc2200;324047 said:
I had a change in plans, so here they are.
Here are two text documents with scripts that make teleporters to all the demon doors except the one on Lookout Point, that one may cause a problem with game flow. I put in instructions on where to put them in the one labeled Tele from Maze's tower. The instructions also tell you what takes you to where. Had to use some tombs since there are more demon doors than there are suits in the tower. I tested these, so they will work as long as you put them in right.

The file labeled DmDr Tele From Maze's Tower has instructions.
Before you start messing with tngs go ahead and make a back-up of your FinalAlbion folder, it will be worth the time if you make a mistake, or at least HerosGuildComplexInside. Check the link in my sig concerning back-ups if you aren't familiar with that folder yet.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

ok Thank you, And after 5 fable reinstalls i back up fable now lol

But do i just add the texts? or make a new script?

jwc2200

Reaction score

Just add the scripts I wrote, from "New Thing" to "End Thing".

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Ok thank you so much! Rep