• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Demon doors and Balverines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Demon doors and Balverines...

I have maxed out lightning and use it pretty much all the time but it wasn't until I went back to Greatwood Caves that it started doing weird things - I got cross with the door because my combat multiplier is never high enough and so targeted it and let rip with some of my finest lightning.....and the face of the door disappeared entirely, leaving a black space. It faded back again once I stopped and so I did it several more times just to be sure...

Then off I trots into Darkwood and lo and behold, a nasty Balverine comes along, wishing to devour my flesh etc etc. I blast it with lightning only to find that once it has died, only its legs remain...the same effect is had on Hobbes in the Darkwood area and a couple of traders too...

Just thought I'd mention it...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Demon doors and Balverines...

Yeah the guild master gets angry at you for accidently hitting the demon door during your will test.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

droded;58277 said:
Yeah the guild master gets angry at you for accidently hitting the demon door during your will test.

I did that before. :lol: :ninja:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

droded;58277 said:
Never noticed that, myself. But this is the first time a demon door has reacted to Will in my experience - I tried every single other spell and nothing, but lightning made the Greatwood Caves one go weird. That'll teach it for not accepting my combat multiplier...

V

Vegeta

Whats in that demon door anyway?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sounds like a really odd glitch, but got to love the lightning :p

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I have never opened that demon door coz I CAN'T GET THROUGH!!!

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Behind the door lies the bluetane cutlass very green sword. (cleaver)

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Though it is sorta weak for the effort it takes to get it. You have to wait until later in the game when the usual Hobbes spawning outside is replaced with an Earth Troll to be able to get that multiplier...unless you feel like exterminating every Hobbe in the nearby cave.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Lies! You can get it easier once the troll spawns. Here is how: Buy an ebony longbow for 2200, and then go to the area with the demon door. If the troll pops up, but doesn't see you (kind of a graphics glitch, a lot like the ghost kraken) then whip out your bow, and hold the arrow for exactly 2 minutes. Once the two minutes are up, just walk forward holding your bow until the troll pops up. Lock onto the troll and release the arrow. The arrow will instantly kill the troll (doing the troll hp in damage exactly) and give you a combat multiplier of 16. Talk to the door and get the sword.

edit: I reread what Tsuyu said, and wasn't sure if he was talking about the arrow trick or not. If he was, cool beans, if not, no worries.

V

Vegeta

There are some screenshots just got it...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Actually, the I find that the Cutlass Bluetane is the easiest legendary weapon to get apart from the Solus Greatsword or the SoA or AT. I get it before the Hobbe Killing contest quest (God I hate that quest!)
I just max physical shield first, go in the cave and kill everything, and alternate between the main chamber and entrance of the hobbe cave. I can get a good 24/25 multiplier in there, and come out do I have like 11/12. Kill a bunch of hobbes and talk to the door. Simple..

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah, but that is too annoying compared to:

Kill Troll
Enter Cave.
Exit Cave as soon as it finishes loading.
Kill the newly spawned Troll.
Reap the reward.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

But it is also good experience, and I am used to maxing out my Strength in the Hobbe Caves. The sword is just a bonus.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

I disagree that the Cutlass is the easiest legendary weapon to get. I think the easiest one would be the demon door that asks you to perform great evil in it's presence. Eat 10-15 crunchy chicks (letting the +5 evil register each time) and voila, Wellow's Pickaxe.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Devalion;58500 said:
I disagree that the Cutlass is the easiest legendary weapon to get. I think the easiest one would be the demon door that asks you to perform great evil in it's presence. Eat 10-15 crunchy chicks (letting the +5 evil register each time) and voila, Wellow's Pickaxe.

Yeah. But that would be Evil... And that ain't easy for me.^_^ ;)

Z

ZeroFive1

Screw the crunchy chicks. All you need is your trusty sword and a nearby village, unless it's bowerstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.