• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

did you die in your first play thru?

did your die your first time playing Fable 2?

• Total voters

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
did you die in your first play thru?

i didnt, my friend who was a mage/ranged user did 4 times :p

A

aceshigh2890

Re: did you die in your first play thru?

you cannot "die" in the game. you only get knocked out and maybe get some scars. mages have a much higher chance of getting knocked out due to enemies inflicting much greater damage while charging spells. i remember PM stating that in one of his video diaries while he showed off the crucible.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

aceshigh2890;242825 said:
you cannot "die" in the game. you only get knocked out and maybe get some scars. mages have a much higher chance of getting knocked out due to enemies inflicting much greater damage while charging spells. i remember PM stating that in one of his video diaries while he showed off the crucible.
*sigh* i knew some one would say "your cant die" but thats what most every one calls it

A

aceshigh2890

well let me rephrase that, you can cheat death an unlimited amount of times haha. they kinda made the game so it'd be impossible for you to lose, no matter how bad you are.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

i didnt die in the first fable once. i used a resurrect phile once out of like the 9 i had but never saw the 'game over' screen if it even had one...

G

Garth

Ugh, I did. Once. While

escaping that blasted Spire.
It was fitting, in a way. Something that traumatic probably ought to leave visible scars, though thankfully I never actually saw anything lasting on my character.

A

aceshigh2890

i have an evil character that has absolutely horid scars on his bag. its not small its like a huge scar the length of his back that sorta bulges out haha. when i look at him i often think, "WOW what the hell was i fighting??"

scars over the eyes often look pretty cool =]

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

aceshigh2890;242841 said:
its not small its like a huge scar the length of his back that sorta bulges out haha. when i look at him i often think, "WOW what the hell was i fighting??"

lol must look like he had bad back operation

A

aceshigh2890

yea when i look at him from the back i'm reminded of that freakish fellow from 300 haha.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

aceshigh2890;242850 said:
yea when i look at him from the back i'm reminded of that freakish fellow from 300 haha.
lol whoa that bad eh?

S

Sanjûrô

Does having to use a Resurrection Potion count? If it does, then yes, I did multiple times on my first play through.

It was mostly in the Spire. The boss fight there was a rough one for me.

C

Cleaver J

aceshigh2890;242841 said:
i have an evil character that has absolutely horid scars on his bag. its not small its like a huge scar the length of his back that sorta bulges out haha. when i look at him i often think, "WOW what the hell was i fighting??"

scars over the eyes often look pretty cool =]

i like those eye scares too

L

laharl

only at crucible, 12 times, new slot, died, zero at crucible, fifth crucible try, got the ax

A

aceshigh2890

yeah i found the commandant to be hard too. its very difficult to charge spells while fighting him because he just like shoots spikes at you and the same goes for ranged attacks. since you cant really move and aim the same happens. on another note about the spire, i was EXTREMELY mad about trying to be as good as possible and get the good points. i lost so much experience i lost one of my level five magic spells... needless to say i was quite ****ed off cuz i lost half of the 260k or w.e experience i had to get it.

A

aceshigh2890

yes it did, needless to say that when, "you lost so much experience an ability was lost" appeared on my screen the look on my face was probably priceless.

F

Flair

Umm. I'm pretty sure that I probably dropped once or twice.... but I had res potions so I never notice anyway. I really dont mind it being easy. Its like.... all games are essentially like it, only they have you reload 20 minutes away. So you have to slog another 20 minutes, try again. TBH, that just annoys me, I much prefer it this way.

And I was evil in the Spire. Despite being good overall. I figured it was worth it.... a sort of... for the greater good. I'm the worlds only hope.. so theres no point in me blowing my cover and getting killed.

M

Minorthreat

I still die. Not for lack of skill, but because I just don't care and I am too lazy to bother to drink a potion. Scarring doesn't bother me.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I did a few times, because it took me awhile to get used to the controls. :blush: But now I love the way it plays, it does so much more, than TLC.:wub:

MasterJh

Reaction score

I didn't get knocked unconcious once during my first and second playthroughs because i stocked up on Ressurrection potions but on my third play through i fell victim to about 30 spire guards at once...it wasn't a pleasant sight even if i did manage to take down about 20 of them before they finally got me