• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dose a video game console make a good wedding gift?

Dose a video game console make a good wedding gift?

• Yes

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
So my sister is getting married very soon and for the longest time I had no idea what to get them for a wedding gift. At first I though I would just give them cash, and I was going to, but then it hit me.

What about a Wii? My nephew is 4 and my niece is 1, in due time they will be able to play video games. Both my sister and future brother in-law like video games (bother in-law has a 360, sister loves Mario party and Mario kart) so I though this would make an excellent gif for both them and the kids

What do you think? To impersonal for a wedding gif? Or just fine?

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
gooddg.jpg

Tyloric

Reaction score
My last wedding gift was a Caribbean vacation for two. It was supposed to be me and the bride but the husband invited himself and I only had two tickets, so... yea.

badh.jpg

But srsly, why would you expect anything else? It was a wedding gift. :|

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
My last wedding gift was a Caribbean vacation for two. It was supposed to be me and the bride but the husband invited himself and I only had two tickets, so... yea. Video game console... I'd say no. But that's because of the people I know and the friends I keep, and I don't know the people you're talking about. If you think it's a good gift for them, I see no reason why you couldn't give a game console.
i was also thinking for christmas i could get them games for it :p

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Is their registry at EB Games? If so, then yes.

But I don't know. It sounds like a pretty good idea based on what you've said though. If you're really not sure, maybe just ask them?

My last wedding gift was a Caribbean vacation for two. It was supposed to be me and the bride but the husband invited himself and I only had two tickets, so... yea.

Why would you expect a newly married woman to go on a Caribbean holiday for two with someone who's not the husband? Sorry John, but that's just a weird thing to expect.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It is way more awesome than a toaster.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
get something that they as a couple will both like. if i get married and someone gives me a present for my kid, that certain someone won't be leaving the ceremony alive. now...if it was a wii that you could toast bread in, then we have a real winner.

Tyloric

Reaction score
Actually no, the tickets were for the two of them and I was trying to make a joke.

YOU FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED

But I would totally go on a crusie with you...

...AS LONG AS WE WERE IN THE SAME ROOM HAR HAR HAR

*cough*

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Based on what you've described, I think it'd be a great wedding gift. You won't be like all the other mindless drones going out to get something like a toaster. I also think it would be a lot more personal because instead of being a standard wedding gift, it will be something that you're getting to cater to their specific interests.

Actually no, the tickets were for the two of them and I was trying to make a joke.

I think Arse was also joking.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Made me lulz.It's a brilliant idea. It gives him a platform from which to plan several future gift ideas. Which is what he said:You evil genius you.A vacation with me is a spectacular gift, don't you agree? The tickets are now diamonds. I'm that good. Just saying.

You crafty joke maker you.

I think Arse was also joking.

Nah, I'm just really dense.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Am I the only one who saw the joke straight away and lol'd? Ah well...

My initial response to the question was "HELL YES!" but then again if they've done the usual boring couple thing and picked out matching china or whatever the hell you're supposed to do when you're getting married then you might want to do some subtle scouting out first. I mean, if it was me and Steve we'd be more than happy with a console as a wedding gift - as it was the first thing we bought ourselves after getting married was an eff-off huge telly and a 360. In hindsight perhaps something to sit on or eat off in our new house would have been a more sensible investment but who needs food when you're playing Oblivion and Gears of War marathons, amirite?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
[Receives Debenhams wedding gift wish list in email.]

[Selects cheapest item on list.]

Problem solved. :troll:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
HECK YES...if you buy someone a video game console as a gift and they dislike it, there's something wrong with their brain wiring....or they're REALLY not into video games.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Fruitcake works.

My uncle brings fruitcake to every single celebration, every year. He even gives out chunks of fruitcake to kids on Halloween (not sure if that's a trick or a treat), and insists that if you're not going to eat them then at least use them as decor or a useful item around the house (a la door stopper). Everybody keeps accepting them every damn time, so seems like a good enough gift... they're even fun to throw around.

Oh, but yeah.. I guess Wii works too.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Anyone wanna mary me? I'm up for a free Wii.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Right then, i got them a Wii
White with Wii sports (duh) and Wii sports resort, and 2 motion+ controllers

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
You see t'was a most fiendish play on words. "To marry" someone can both mean marrying your significant other as well as the act of marrying two people to each other.

Dastardly clever.
Ah, I see what she did there.