• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragon Age ANIME

AwpersareBad

Child Of Dagon
Reaction score
Dragon Age ANIME

http://www.ea.com/news/anime-movie-deal-for-dragon-age-franchise

Anime Leader to Create Home Video Adaptation of Award-Winning Video Game Franchise “Dragon Age”

BioWare, an EA studio and FUNimation Entertainment, the leading distributor of Japanese animation in North America, announced today an agreement to create an anime feature film adapted from BioWare’s critically-acclaimed fantasy Action RPG franchise Dragon Age. Production of the Dragon Age anime movie is slated to begin in May 2010, with a home video release in 2011. Executive producing the film are Bioware’s Executive Producer MarkDarrah and Creative Director Mike Laidlaw, as well as FUNimation’s Fukunaga and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes.

“Anime is a great medium for us to continue the robust Dragon Age story,” said Mark Darrah, Executive Producer for the Dragon Age franchise. “Partnering with FUNimation ensures that we are delivering the exceptional quality and entertainment value that our Dragon Age fans expect.”

“We are thrilled to be working with EA and BioWare on the production of the Dragon Age anime feature,” said Gen Fukunaga, President and CEO of FUNimation. “We are going to be bringing the classic visual and storytelling techniques found in anime to create a film that will extend the narrative of the world BioWare has created.”

Dragon Agehas been selected as the first title in FUNimation’s slate of major anime movies to be developed through FUNimation’s Original Entertainment team since the announcement of the company’s co-production initiative in November 2009.

When originally released in 2009, Dragon Age: Origins won over 30 critics awards and was named “RPG of the Year” by the Academy of Arts and Interactive Sciences, Game Informer, G4, SpikeTV, and PC Gamer. Seth Schiesel of The New York Times described the game as “…perhaps the best electronic game made yet.”

Derp snipped the facepalm image someone changed it to the N-bomb because of hotlinkers

This will be bad, god why does anime have to corrupt everything I like.

AwpersareBad

Child Of Dagon
Reaction score
Re: Dragon Age ANIME

The bioware dragon age forums thread on this is turning into a warzone

Apologies for the bump, I'm used to FP's automerge

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

If it ends up like Dead Space: Downfall, it may be somewhat decent. I'm more concerned over the voice roles, if it's the original cast from the game I may be interested but if it's FUNimation's team then I'll pass. FUNimation isn't exactly known for doing "excellent" work.

Not sure why everyone is getting so upset over this, it's not like you're forced to watch the show. Stay away from it, ignore it, and there will be no problems.

AwpersareBad

Child Of Dagon
Reaction score

It's going to be awful and it's going to ruin the reputation of the game, and even if it's not completely awful it's still just EA trying to make a quick buck

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Without a patch, the game's/Bioware's reputation is already ruined.

We want a patch damn it.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

AwpersareBad;394265 said:
It's going to be awful and it's going to ruin the reputation of the game, and even if it's not completely awful it's still just EA trying to make a quick buck

It'll only damage the image of the game for those who have never played it but have seen the anime first, those who have played it can simply not acknowledge the anime's existence and go about their business.

For those who've never played it, they'll probably Google the game anyway and see how superior it is to the animation. It's not that big of a deal.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Daemon300;394266 said:
Without a patch, the game's/Bioware's reputation is already ruined.

We want a patch damn it.

This. THIS.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

The Dead Space movie was horrible. It took a big dump on the lore established in the game.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

Anime is the stupidest thing ever to be "invented".

If it was person I would roundhouse in the back of the face.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;394408 said:
Anime is the stupidest thing ever to be "invented".

If it was person I would roundhouse in the back of the face.

Now now, not all Anime shows are bad, just 90% of them.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You guys are pretty ignorant, aren't you? Most of the animated diarrea the industry calls "anime" these days is just stupid western-styled animation trying to capture the spirit of the real deal, only to fail miserably. Like just about any DC/Marvel comic shown on Cartoon Network, i.e Teen Titans.

The main problem is that after Pokémon, anime became "the next big thing" and everyone was all too eager to cash in on the sensation.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Dio Brando. ZA WARUDO.

Also, I will not be watching this anime. Ever.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Tsuyu;394413 said:
You guys are pretty ignorant, aren't you? Most of the animated diarrea the industry calls "anime" these days is just stupid western-styled animation trying to capture the spirit of the real deal, only to fail miserably. Like just about any DC/Marvel comic shown on Cartoon Network, i.e Teen Titans.

The main problem is that after Pokémon, anime became "the next big thing" and everyone was all too eager to cash in on the sensation.

You seem oblivious to the spam of mediocre Anime that often spawns in Japan (making you ignorant yourself), attempting to overshadow well-crafted animations with exceptional writing. There's a lot of animations in Japan with bland writing and average to sub-par voice acting that try to cash in on what's popular. They're not much better than the Western wannabes.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm well aware of the crap, but I chose to not aknowladge it which, ironically, doesn't make me ignorant...?

And I blame the success of the western crap for the creation of the Japanese crap, since they'd be stupid not to benefit from it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I gave up on anime after I ran out of adult dramas and since Hellsing is now taking an OVA every twelve years it seems.