• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection "F" has strong US box office opening

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
DBGT rushed parts that it could have filled out better and had slow paced parts for boring plotlines or characters which annoyed me.
Yeah same, it felt like the show was written and designed by an enthusiastic fan that for whatever reason felt too lazy to bother citing much of the lore. Total cash grab. It did have its moments, but there just wasn't enough of them.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah same, it felt like the show was written and designed by an enthusiastic fan that for whatever reason felt too lazy to bother citing much of the lore. Total cash grab. It did have its moments, but there just wasn't enough of them.

The Super 17 saga was the perfect example, it was so short and over in a flash & just felt rushed.

Precipice

Reaction score
I've only ever watched Dragonball Z from the Raditz thing up to the Frieza/Freeza thing. And I only watched that much so I could understand what the hell other people were talking about. Upon hearing that I had only watched just that much, a friend became giddy saying there's so much more to see, but I don't know if I want to see it. It's one of those things where there is enjoyment there, I do like bits of the story, but it's hard to watch. There's this joke, how many Super Saiyans does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Just one, but it takes four episodes and Krillin dies. My time is not infinite. I'd like to spend that time enjoying a show rather than waiting for a good part. I've since heard of things like DBZ Kai and Super. Are these, you know, better?

I have watched a little bit of the abridged parody. It's funny. The savings of time is appreciable, but I have this suspicion that it is not a faithful reproduction.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've only ever watched Dragonball Z from the Raditz thing up to the Frieza/Freeza thing. And I only watched that much so I could understand what the hell other people were talking about. Upon hearing that I had only watched just that much, a friend became giddy saying there's so much more to see, but I don't know if I want to see it. It's one of those things where there is enjoyment there, I do like bits of the story, but it's hard to watch. There's this joke, how many Super Saiyans does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Just one, but it takes four episodes and Krillin dies. My time is not infinite. I'd like to spend that time enjoying a show rather than waiting for a good part. I've since heard of things like DBZ Kai and Super. Are these, you know, better?

I have watched a little bit of the abridged parody. It's funny. The savings of time is appreciable, but I have this suspicion that it is not a faithful reproduction.

DB Kai is good as it cuts most of that filler content out so there is no more powering up for 8 episodes until something happens so that would help fit episodes in and as episodes are only generally 28mins long you can blast through a good chunk in no time at all.

Found out that Resurrection of F is coming to some UK cinemas too, tried to book tickets for myself and stepson but website crashed. Hoping they sort it soon as would love to watch it in the cinema, they said if there is demand it might get extended run in UK too.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

As Drakan said, Kai is a recut & remaster of the original Z series and is more faithful to the manga. Though they did dial back some things in Kai as well such as nudity & gore. It's also fully redubbed for both languages and the voice acting is arguably worse as many of the actors' voices have not aged well. So it's down to taste really. Personally I prefer the original Japanese version of Z.

Super is the direct sequel to Z and so far I've found it quite enjoyable, though every episode ending on a cliffhanger is beginning to kill me. I have no idea how long it plans to run for, but I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks a hundred episodes like its predecessors. It's more comical than Z is with some nice throwbacks to the original Dragon Ball series.

Yeah Abridged blazes through a lot of content and focus on just the key points and deviates to the side stuff only when necessary for context (and a good joke). It's surprisingly faithful to the important parts of the stories, I've seen all the episodes thus far and you can get by with just Abridged if you want. It covers all the necessary plot details, saves time, and the actors do an impressive job for being a parody (though Goku is greatly exaggerated from the original show). Honestly I wouldn't judge you for it, not wanting to watch hundreds of episodes of people screaming and beating each other up is understandable. Right now they're currently in the Cell Saga, after that it's just the Majin & Buu sagas and then they're done.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
A company I've seen on Twitter has managed to get Resurrection of F in some UK cinemas but website wouldn't work when I tried to buy tickets. If it's popular they said they will extend its showing times and do more than a 1 day special.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
A company I've seen on Twitter has managed to get Resurrection of F in some UK cinemas but website wouldn't work when I tried to buy tickets. If it's popular they said they will extend its showing times and do more than a 1 day special.
On the plus side, if all else fails you can just wait until next month when it releases on blu-ray/dvd.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
On the plus side, if all else fails you can just wait until next month when it releases on blu-ray/dvd.

Will keep an eye out as besides Amazon it can be hard to find them here and usually expensive.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
And the movie is now available on blu-ray & dvd in English. Japanese version has been out since Oct 7th though.

I watched the Japanese version with subtitles and was pleasantly enthralled with it. If you haven't seen it yet and enjoyed the original Dragon Ball Z series then I wholeheartedly recommend it. It is easily the best DBZ film of them all (including the old 90s releases), great writing, voice work, and the animations were absolutely stellar. I may be biased when it comes to Dragon Ball but I genuinely enjoyed this as I wasn't a big fan of Battle Of Gods, so this one won me back.

I didn't like the ending though, not that it was terrible or anything, but just how it was done (You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it). There's also some gaps in the film for new things shown, but it's clear that they were excluded for the sake of Dragon Ball Super and to save some time. Because I was wondering "Wait, how did they get this far? When did he get that? And why does he look like this?" Yeah. Watching "Super" fills in those gaps.

So yes, big thumbs up. Also, Vegeta is a straight up badass again and a beautiful sight it is.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
And the movie is now available on blu-ray & dvd in English. Japanese version has been out since Oct 7th though.

I watched the Japanese version with subtitles and was pleasantly enthralled with it. If you haven't seen it yet and enjoyed the original Dragon Ball Z series then I wholeheartedly recommend it. It is easily the best DBZ film of them all (including the old 90s releases), great writing, voice work, and the animations were absolutely stellar. I may be biased when it comes to Dragon Ball but I genuinely enjoyed this as I wasn't a big fan of Battle Of Gods, so this one won me back.

I didn't like the ending though, not that it was terrible or anything, but just how it was done (You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it). There's also some gaps in the film for new things shown, but it's clear that they were excluded for the sake of Dragon Ball Super and to save some time. Because I was wondering "Wait, how did they get this far? When did he get that? And why does he look like this?" Yeah. Watching "Super" fills in those gaps.

So yes, big thumbs up. Also, Vegeta is a straight up badass again and a beautiful sight it is.

I shall definitely be getting this, they did do an extended showing in some cinemas here of it too for the first time ever and it sold out everytime I tried to book tickets (which is good sign).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Actually got around to watching this the other day and thought it was decent. There was a decent amount of humour and story was decent enough and action/combat scenes were superb as was the animation so if they can bring more movies of this quality out then im all for it.